Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astrology > Astronomy

Old 21-12-2010, 06:59 PM
Master
Excellent view in a cloudless sky from 6.30 am [my time] to around 8 am when it dipped below the horizon.
Old 21-12-2010, 08:50 PM
Master
Nice Norse.
Spiritlite
Old 21-12-2010, 09:22 PM
Master
great video here :) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aDplJ...ayer_embedded#!
Old 21-12-2010, 09:26 PM
Master
Hey thanks Topaz.
Spiritlite.
Old 21-12-2010, 09:40 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritlite
Hey thanks Topaz.
Spiritlite.
You're welcome
Old 22-12-2010, 12:43 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Summerland
Neville, I hope that it does not make full moon madness worse. I work in psych and work tonight !

Summerland - I'm curious whether you noticed anything out of the ordinary in the psych ward during the eclipse.
Old 22-12-2010, 02:18 AM
Master
oh man I'm just grateful myself I wasn't working that night.
Spiritlite.
Old 22-12-2010, 03:34 AM
Summerland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uma
Summerland - I'm curious whether you noticed anything out of the ordinary in the psych ward during the eclipse.

Actually, it was kind of odd. We started out hearing that the evening shift had an awful time, tempers, tantrums, patients egging each other on. We had an admission almost immediately and had lots of empty beds left as did the other kids unit. But after that first admission my kid side and the other kid side, it suddenly calmed down. About 0130 actually (CST). However on the adult units , they were slammed with admission after admission. New moons seem to affect the kids more and the full moon affects the adults, it seems. On the kids side we had a sort of jovial feeling among the staff. Even the admitting nurse brought her paperwork over to do, saying that the feeling was much more peaceful.
Personally I had a very odd tingly sensation on the left side of my head that started out as a quarter size area, then kept expanding as the eclipse did until it covered the entire left side of my head and face. Then as the eclipse waned, so did the sensation.
There has been a lot of earthquake activity in the last 24 hours tho.
Old 22-12-2010, 04:24 AM
Master
Yes there has been a lot of earthquake activity all we can do is pray that if there is a big one that people will be safe. I'm curious about what other people felt or dreamt or experienced the night of the eclipse.
Spiritlite.
Old 22-12-2010, 05:48 AM
7he4uthor

I am a skywatcher.
I had to travel to where the sky is clear to view the event.
Arriving at the site I did a ritual star-vigil all night.
I rented a hotel room at a hotel where i had access to the roof.
I made a bed on the roof of the hotel and strung bed sheets up to block city lights in the distance. This is "normal" for me.
I aws taught by a shaman to do star-vigil rites long ago, and continue in the practice.

Then lying down, prepared for out of body expeience ... here is what I saw.
The eclipse began with the moon directly overhead about 1 am
(I didnt keep perfect track of the clock as I was in a trance state)
The moon was adjecent to Orion, with Sirius an Canopus brilliant in the clear as a bell sky.

The moon began to turn blue on the lower left (southern) edge as the shadow creeped onto the lit surface.
As the shadow took over, about half the moon turned yellow, at 2/3rds the moon turned a brownish color, at this point I could see the sign of the "Tao" appear on the moons surface.

At total eclipse the moon was brown (not red)
I have watched other eclipses when the moon was lower on the horizon, and because of increased particlate and atmospheric haze at this alltitude it turns Dark Red.
this was not the case on Solstice 2010.

The whole process took quite long . estimate about 3 hours.
Just before the eclipse began Jupiter sank into the western horizon, brilliant yellow Jupiter now dissappearing but was very prominent during summer when i did a star-vigil in July, and again in August.

Afterwards ... the most amazing event was after the eclpise.
Venus was brighter than I have ever seen in so many years of diligent skywatching
bigger brighter more beautiful ... from 4am - 7am many sparkling Celestial bodies "swarmed" buzzing around Venus. There were hundreds.

I have never seen such a swarm of agents ever, and have witnessed more than anyone Ive ever known or read about in the field of skywatching, most I keep to myself, perhaps they do too.

Last edited by 7he4uthor : 27-12-2010 at 02:29 AM.