Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Affirmations > Manifesting, Creating, & The Law of Attraction

Old 30-10-2010, 10:51 AM
star-child

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radiant Soul
Thank you Star-Child for the link. I will check it out. I thought about looking into hypnotherapy but have been hesitant about it at the same time because I don't know what to expect and I am a little fearful of whether or not it will open a door or portal that I'm not ready for but I will defintately give it some more thought...

Hypnotherapy is just a really relaxed state, very similar to meditation. You can walk out the room if you wanted to. You go into a hypnotic state just before you sleep.

I was also worried about it making me bring stuff up which I didn't want to but I had complete control. Me and my practitioner focused on one subject and I said I wouldn't discuss the rest.

But yea, do what you think is right for you and what you feel comfortable with Great thread by the way, lots of these responses have been really helpful.

Sophie xx
Old 30-10-2010, 09:46 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
I have the answer 'for me' regarding negative thoughts - they aren't even there anymore ---you shew them away enough like a fly and they figure out it is no fun anymore buzzing around her head!

Neg thoughts can creep in at any time. One must get used to and believe this fact that they do you no benefit, what-so-ever.

There are many techniques, too many to write in my first post here!

Then, you get a feel for how the mind works and tries to trick you into worry, depression, anger, indignation, hurt ---it's seemingly endless the tricks of the lower ego self, as Wayne Dyer calls it. Christians call it the devil.

Once you see that you actually do not have to be controlled by these stupid thoughts -you gain confidence - you are the Captain with the rudder in your hands - not flip-flopping like a leaf in the wind ---being effected by every sudden situation!

People can be rude to you, offend you, cut you off in traffic, whatever and it's oil off a duck's back.

Anyway, that's enough for now. I've won the battle controlling those stupid thoughts! (I had to.)

It sounds like you have gained deep learning and self-awareness. and done good work taking charge of your thought patterns, Miss H.

I, and I'm sure others here, would like to hear about more techniques you have found effective for 'changing your mind'.

Xan

Old 01-11-2010, 11:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xan
It sounds like you have gained deep learning and self-awareness. and done good work taking charge of your thought patterns, Miss H.
I, and I'm sure others here, would like to hear about more techniques you have found effective for 'changing your mind'.
Xan

Xan,
I didn't forget ya ---I just misplaced this thread - but went back to your
posts and found it.

Negative thoughts, boy they can cause havoc, can't they? They are my enemy.
As I'm sure you know they have to be recognized for what they are first, I think.
We must know they are not useful in any way.
(Because therapist friends have fooled me and themselves with what they have been taught..."feel your feelings')

Well, yes, 'feel your feelings to a point' until after 3 years of feeling the same depressive, sad sense of loss over a death or breakup or feeling 'left out' always become the norm, almost who you are ---this person thinking these stupid thoughts that lead your emotions around on a leash!

So, that really is the 1st thing - to know and believe these thoughts are worthless after a few minutes of observation.

Observation is also key: Don't own them. Don't identify with them. Watch them lke birds flying overhead ---no attachment.

This is a new concept for many Westerners esp ---we have learned, I think, that maybe, "We are our thoughts."
Here, intellect is very important ---and here I am saying - no - throw your negative thoughts out the door...the ones that lead you to ruminating
about what the neighbor did to you last week, that embarrassing moment at last year's party, 'how dare he have said that to me', etc.

These thoughts lead to anger, revenge, hatred, low-self-esteem, depression, worry, indignation, fear, helplessness, jealousy...but, experience is the best teacher.
These thoughts must be seen for what they are. Dangerous.
Then that they can be controlled.

Baby steps.
Just banish a couple of repetitive old neg. thought patterns in a day -and see what happens.
At the same time replace them with something you really believe -repeat that sentence from Krishna, Dr. Phil, Jesus in your head, like:
"I am with you always, call to me and I will come."
"You have all the creative force in the Universe inside you."
"I pervade everything and I am inexhaustible Bliss."
Then, contemplate that truth instead.
(Meaning ponder, mull over, dissect each word, digest it, then own it!)

You will see soon that that space between your ears can be directed and harnessed and used to advance yourself.
Again, you are the Captain of your own ship.

(Posting these inspirational Truths in your car, by your bed -and reading them everyday helps alot---a Captain looks at
his instruments constantly to make sure he is still on Course. I just made that up)

If this helps one person - great.
Thanks, Xan.

Miss Hepburn

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 01-11-2010, 05:10 PM
star-child

Thank you so much for sharing Miss Hepburn (I started to write miss helpful - no joke!) You are very right with everything you say. It has already made me more aware of my negative thoughts and how it's important to observe them and not to own them.

Extremely helpful :)

Sophie x
Old 01-11-2010, 06:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by star-child
Thank you so much for sharing Miss Hepburn (I started to write miss helpful - no joke!) You are very right with everything you say. It has already made me more aware of my negative thoughts and how it's important to observe them and not to own them.

Extremely helpful :)

Sophie x
Great! And I forgot - this helps me alot ---since I see neg thoughts as a doorway to a can of worms...I see myself as a Sentry --I stand with my rifle ever ready.
If I fall asleep - not only am I in danger, but all those around me!
Ha!
And as Abraham-Hicks say - feel how you feel, your feelings are a barometer - neg thoughts are yukky.
Miss Hepburn

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 01-11-2010, 10:12 PM
Master
I only have one thing to add to your good description, Miss H....

Accepting is the key to getting free.

By accepting our negative feelings - neither
avoiding nor indulging in them - we create an open space in ourselves, and the detachment we need for changing our negative patterns.

Xan

Old 02-11-2010, 02:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xan
I only have one thing to add to your good description, Miss H....

Accepting is the key to getting free.

By accepting our negative feelings - neither
avoiding nor indulging in them - we create an open space in ourselves, and the detachment we need for changing our negative patterns.
Xan
Ah-ha, you tricked me, LOL --I thought you were going to speak about accepting all that belongs to us... limitless accepting...ha!

This is my thing - all my friends are therapists!
All they ever want you to do is 'accept your feelings', your anger towards your parents - bla bla ---been there, done that, wallowed in it and accepted my depression after a breakup for way too long.

I believe in feeling your feelings for a short time ("not indulging") and letting them go like a Marlin that's too big to handle and will pull you in.

I'm not understanding your "we create an open space"- but, I'm all over the detachment part! And changing the negative patterns....and replacing them with
healthy thinking.
(I'm big on Paul's - "Focus on the things above and not the things on the earth." Col 3:2)

Once we start Practicing the Presence it's like driving a clutch - we do it naturally.
Negative, stupid thinking ... gone!

Ah, Freedom - kindness, love, compassion, mellowness ---I'm livin' the dream.
(Finally at 58, huh ? Took awhile! By His Grace.)
A pleasure, Xan,
Miss Hepburn

Old 02-11-2010, 04:42 AM
Radiant Soul

Thank you so much Miss Hepburn! Wow your post are awesome! You have really inspired me and I feel so much better about the journey.~ Sigh of relief~
I'm definately going to apply those techniques to my everyday life, I look forward to reaching the point of full control of my thoughts!
Old 02-11-2010, 04:59 AM
Radiant Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn

Observation is also key: Don't own them. Don't identify with them. Watch them lke birds flying overhead ---no attachment.
I love this!
Old 02-11-2010, 06:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radiant Soul
I love this!
Good! Let me know how it works out, will ya?

I find it takes total dedication - but later it's really on auto pilot. Yay!
Once old patterns are replaced with forgiving, kind, generous thoughts - well,
there is no choice -it's like the choice of smelling a garden or choosing to walk past trash cans instead.
And what confidence and freedom to always chose what we know is going to propel us closer to who we were meant to be ---our highest selves.

You being a Pisces I know that's what you want. You go, girl.
Miss Hepburn