Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Welcome to Spiritual Forums > News & Announcements

Old 17-10-2010, 09:18 PM
mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritlite
Maybe there was a reason all was lost, to start afresh. I've only been on this forum for a week and I love it and I think Matt would be proud and happy that it's starting to recconnect again.
Spiritlite

There was a reason that all was lost - the system crashed.

It's important, though, not to attribute any other reason to events if that's what's in your thoughts... The loss of material can not be seen as anything other than tragic.

But I'm totally confident Matt will be relieved and delighted that those who love him have put in so much work to such good effect.
Old 17-10-2010, 09:19 PM
Master
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac
Try not to get sniffy about it - we get all this for free don't forget...

We don't realise how fortunate we are - even if the system isn't perfect.

Well I've been 'sniffy' about it ~ in this day and age, even those with a rudimentary understanding of just how important it is to back up the backup even...

It's just our hearts & souls we've all thousands of us, poured into the 'old' Spiritual Forum.

It is glaringly obvious to me and plenty of others that this place is Hallowed Ground for many who had nowhere else to go and 'dump' and/or ask questions that went to the heart of their existence, when they felt scared and alone. It isn't a trifling thing, and I'm sure plenty would agree. We all don't just get on here and blather about this or that opinion.
Old 17-10-2010, 09:33 PM
mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvergirl
Well I've been 'sniffy' about it ~ in this day and age, even those with a rudimentary understanding of just how important it is to back up the backup even...

It's just our hearts & souls we've all thousands of us, poured into the 'old' Spiritual Forum.

It is glaringly obvious to me and plenty of others that this place is Hallowed Ground for many who had nowhere else to go and 'dump' and/or ask questions that went to the heart of their existence, when they felt scared and alone. It isn't a trifling thing, and I'm sure plenty would agree. We all don't just get on here and blather about this or that opinion.

Well I too am in exactly the category of contributors you're describing.

I had contributed plenty but I'm not grumbling. And just because the old stuff has gone it doesn't mean that the same stuff can't be offered to new enquirers? How useful is old stuff anyway? (rhetorical)

The previous stuff had served its purpose and when new enquirers come along, the same help will be offered - won't it?

As for blathering on about opinions, well I think I've been in enough trouble recently on these pages for expressing myself about this very topic - I guess you weren't contributing to, or following, that topic thread or you wouldn't have said what you have.
Old 17-10-2010, 09:37 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvergirl

Well put Silvergirl .... I totally agree

It may be a trifling thing to some, but to a lot of people who come on this site, the lost material matters a great deal.

I personally didn't lose much, but I can still see the loss felt by a lot of members who were here a long time before I was.
Old 17-10-2010, 09:42 PM
Jules

I agree Spiritlite ... and Mac, I couldn't agree more.. well said

The way I'm seeing this now is it's a brand new start for each and every one of us. Matt's dream is still alive, his vision to create a wonderful community where like-minded people can gather, sharing views, as each of us travel our own particular path.

Even though I never knew Matt, his personality was and still is, stamped all over the site and it's though since his passing he's saying we've done it once, we can do it again .. Whilst writing this reply all I keep hearing is Starship's Nothing's Gonna Stop Us ... reading the lyrics I think they're very apt so I hope you don't mind but I'd like to share a chorus with you ....

And we can build this dream together
Standing strong forever
Nothing's gonna stop us now.
And if this world runs out of lovers,
We'll still have each other,
Nothing's gonna stop us
Nothing's gonna stop us .......

With love light and laughter
Jue xxx
Old 17-10-2010, 09:46 PM
iolite

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac

No, I'm not getting snippy... The company clearly advertised redundant systems. I used to work in the computer field and with a federal agency that had fully redundant systems so I know that redundant should mean that you've got more than one backup, so there is no loss of data even if one server cooks off because it is being written across multiple platforms as well as nightly backups. The company is advertising something they clearly don't do or know anything about. It makes me wonder how many other clients have lost data that they thought was protected.

And..I am grateful that Matt had the backup that he did so we didn't loose everything. And I think the Admins did a great job getting the forum up and running from a very old backup. I'm not griping about the admins, I am angry that hosting company clearly dropped the ball.

Last edited by iolite : 17-10-2010 at 09:48 PM.
Old 17-10-2010, 09:50 PM
Master
Fresh starts are wonderful, and I'm pleased as punch that the forum came back at all ~ I know many were on pins & needles wondering and waiting anxiously to see what would happen.
I'm not complaining just to complain, I don't belieev in being namby pamby when something important has occurred. Yes, much of the old can be restored, and all new is wonderful to look forward to and behold. But much WAS lost that can't really be replaced. Unique happenings for its time and place ~ a real part of our history gone. The poems, the grievings and I am being selfish here, all the things I said about the loss of my son, since I didn't know SF would be jettisoned, I did not print out a copy of everything I felt important. Tough luck for me.
And thanks SO much SoulSearching, for backing me up.
Old 17-10-2010, 09:53 PM
iolite

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac

No, I'm not getting snippy... The company clearly advertised redundant systems. I used to work in the computer field and with federal agency that had fully redundant systems so I know that redundant should mean that you've got more than one backup, so there is no loss of data even if one server cooks off because it is being written across multiple platforms as well as nightly backups. That was over 15 years ago, so the technology or even the concept is not new. The company is advertising something they clearly don't do or know anything about. It makes me wonder how many other clients have lost data that they thought was protected.

And..I am grateful that Matt had the backup that he did so we didn't loose everything.
Old 17-10-2010, 10:06 PM
Jules

The poems, the grievings and I am being selfish here, all the things I said about the loss of my son, since I didn't know SF would be jettisoned, I did not print out a copy of everything I felt important. Tough luck for me.
And thanks SO much SoulSearching, for backing me up.

I can't begin to imagine the pain you must have been in at the time of your son's death, or how much hurt is in your heart constantly. Can I say from the bottom of my heart how truly sorry I am for any insensitivity you may feel I have shown. That was far from intentional. The one thing I would like to say though, to you and everyone else (me included) who has lost valuable words in the crash, remember one thing .. all those thoughts, all those memories, the anguish, the wisdom, the knowledge, the joy .. each and every one of those posts will have touched at least one person, and the responses each of us received brought a sense of belonging. A knowing deep within our hearts that even in our darkest days someone out there cared enough to respond, to take the time out of their busy lives to show we are not entirely alone and though we may not have felt it.. we are loved.
Namaste
Jue xxx
Old 17-10-2010, 10:08 PM
Deactivated Account
Didn't we lose the most wonderful part of this forum almost a year ago? It's founder...

Posts can be reposted, articles can be re-written, discussions can continue and flourish,the forum can be rebuilt and made better than ever because despite crashes, glitches and other things the very essence of the forum remains and that is the memory of Matt.

Spiritual Inspiration

The forum for seekers everywhere...