Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 23-11-2012, 09:29 PM
Experiencer
Why am I thinking about death so much?!

Hi
I am a 31 year old male (32 next month) and over the last few months I have been thinking about death alot. I have no idea why. I am a very spiritual person and keep thinking something is going to happen to me. I am generally always in a good mood and enjoy my life. I have no idea why I experience these thoughts.

I have a few theories why this could be -

1) I am going to die
2) I feel maybe I need to research the topic of death to increase my understanding of spirituality. As I have studied many other aspects of spirituality except this.
3) That maybe I am coming to the end of certain part of my life and I am coming into a new beginning.

I am not going to lie that the thought of death does scare me. Maybe I need to learn to accept it as a part of life in order to further grow!

Any feedback would be much appreciated :) Thanks
Old 23-11-2012, 09:33 PM
Master
Those who don't know how to live will think of death a lot more, when you know how to live death is realized as part of life, when death comes, it is welcomed.
Old 23-11-2012, 09:39 PM
You didn't mention any depression...good.

Check out the wonderdul NDEs at www.nderf.org.

Near Death Research Foundation.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 23-11-2012, 09:46 PM
peacegarden

It sounds like you are going through an awakening and it is all part of the process, to think about these things. They are working themselves out in your mind. I would say, your understanding of death is deepening and changing whether you know it or not. This is just my opinion, but it sounds familiar.

I have really looked at death over the last couple of years, in fact I stared it right in the face 3 years ago. I believed death was the end then, now I know it is not. In fact a part of me, like psychoslice says, welcomes it.

I'd say, don't let it worry you, allow yourself to contemplate it, it's healthy to, so long as you're not suicidal.
Old 23-11-2012, 10:44 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by peacegarden
It sounds like you are going through an awakening and it is all part of the process, to think about these things. They are working themselves out in your mind. I would say, your understanding of death is deepening and changing whether you know it or not. This is just my opinion, but it sounds familiar.

I have really looked at death over the last couple of years, in fact I stared it right in the face 3 years ago. I believed death was the end then, now I know it is not. In fact a part of me, like psychoslice says, welcomes it.

I'd say, don't let it worry you, allow yourself to contemplate it, it's healthy to, so long as you're not suicidal.

Thanks for the reply! I am not suicidal or depressed. Do you think I should study the topic to gain a greater understanding of it?
Old 23-11-2012, 11:03 PM
Henri77

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonySG
Hi

I am not going to lie that the thought of death does scare me. Maybe I need to learn to accept it as a part of life in order to further grow!

This is all the explanation needed.
It's inevitable and the sooner one deals with this, comes to some understanding, spiritually. the less fearful life becomes.

Many many others are very curious about this as well, myself included.
It's really the ultimate unknown (frontier) for most of us, but we generally put off looking into it as life seems more fun.

Many cultures accept death-transition as part of living, but our materialistic culture avoids the issue.

I highly recommend this beautiful film, to gain some insight, perspective on the transition. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Whv7HDqDLEs
Old 24-11-2012, 02:33 AM
Enlightener

Could be it's time for you to face death head on?
Old 24-11-2012, 02:36 AM
Master
Quote:
Thanks for the reply! I am not suicidal or depressed. Do you think I should study the topic to gain a greater understanding of it?

Maybe it's just because it interests you and you are curious about it. I reckon everyone thinks about it a lot more often than they let on and you just happen to mention it.

32... maybe the bullet proof period is ending. I got skin cancer around 32, and I didn't know if I'd be ded in 6 months or ded in 50 years, and that was weird man, disturbing, and screw welcoming it, I much preferred to live on. It's like over a decade on now, so it all worked out OK.
Old 24-11-2012, 09:47 AM
Master

Quote:
Hi
I am a 31 year old male (32 next month) and over the last few months I have been thinking about death alot. I have no idea why. I am a very spiritual person and keep thinking something is going to happen to me. I am generally always in a good mood and enjoy my life. I have no idea why I experience these thoughts.

I have a few theories why this could be -

1) I am going to die
2) I feel maybe I need to research the topic of death to increase my understanding of spirituality. As I have studied many other aspects of spirituality except this.
3) That maybe I am coming to the end of certain part of my life and I am coming into a new beginning.

Any feedback would be much appreciated :) Thanks

It could be just that you're becoming spiritually aware.
When you're spiritually aware you see the 'long game' of life.
Life is a continuum, we do not die at 'death'. However, we are here (in our present earthly incarnation) for a purpose. There is the general overall purpose - to learn (through experience) and to advance the soul. But also a more individualised purpose i.e. some lesson we need to learn or some mission we are charged to perform.
One should certainly be very aware of what is to be one's allotted earthly lifespan, not in any way out of fear or anything like that, but because you are as I said here for a purpose and your time to fulfill that purpose is limited. So the wise counsel to one and all is make the most of now...

On the personal level I would recommend reading up on books on NDEs. This will help iron out any fears about death - which usually are a throwback to exposure to misteachings of organised religion.
There is nothing to fear.

http://holy-lance.blogspot.com
Old 24-11-2012, 12:10 PM
Ascender
I totally concur with the above. I also urge you to follow the excellent link suggested by Miss Hepburn.