Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Music

Closed Thread

Old 18-01-2007, 11:12 PM
ljepotica

Color Aha!! What kind of music do you like?

Hey all

I'm simply curious as to what kind of music you folks like...
Are there specific genres/artists you like at specific times?

I gotta say that I'm really into music-need to hear it every day hence that's why I bought my mp3 last year.

Anyhow I reckon I will start off-you know just to give you an idea what I'm talking about

I love minimal electro, minimal house, minimal techno, I love electro-house and also some techno-electro...I'm especially keen on Ivan Smagghe, Audiofly, Black Strobe and Miss Kittin is real good as is Dj Magda-as I recently discovered.
Tiefschwarz and Damian Lazarus oh and Tiga and (T) ekel.

I discovered Aimee Mann last year and fell in love-she's just brilliant and has such a brilliant voice-I listen to her when I want to relax and enjoy life, her and also the old Jack Johnson...

I'm also into world music: Sigur Ros are absolutely amazing:) Oi Va Voi are great I was in Budapest few years back and OVV were playing, not only is the lead singer incredibally handsome but he has one of the most beautiful voices I've heard:)
I love Goran Bregovic and general Serbian brass band music.
Kalyi Jag-a Hungarian Romany folk band are great too:)
Suba, Bebel Gilberto and Fernanda Porto are the Brazilians I like a lot as are Dj Marky and Fabio...
Gotan Project are classic:)

Classical-always have time for classical-I a;ways use classical to help me to meditate-I'm the one who lives in the noisy area remember!!!

Plus a small side helping of indie, drum n bass and 60's in general also help me at times:)

How about you?
Old 19-01-2007, 03:25 AM
Enlightener

Perfunctory Almanac

I'm really into progressive rock, progressive rock has to be my alltime favourite music to listen to as it simply is in mould with who I am. Bands such as Yes, Jethro Tull, King Crimson, ELP, Pink FLoyd. I also have an affixion(?) with 60's pop...singer/songwriters...like the Beatles, CSNY, Seals and Crofts.
I also like select classical, dance, world; anything that sounds good.
Good modern bands: Gorillaz, Wolfmother, Jet, Radiohead.

I could list at most 100 bands/artists that I like, and could probably come up with a few more.

Music is fantastic!!! If you can reach a certain state of heightened awareness when listening to music it can be a very joyful thing. The other day I was listening to some buskers on the street, I was in a very heightened state and I could feel my heart chakra expand as my ears picked up their beautiful melodies. It was not even music that I would normally listen to, but I was just in such a headspace that almost anything was beautiful to me.

eNLIGHTENER

Last edited by Enlightener : 19-01-2007 at 03:29 AM.
Old 19-01-2007, 05:58 AM
rose

i swear i get high on the song Glosoli by Sigur Ros. that song has to be supernatural it has such a powerful affect. same with All is Full of Love by Bjork.

i love Peter, Bjorn and John at the moment too. a swedish band. highly recommend them.

i think i need a holiday near the north pole and get some midnight sun.

i might go look up aimee mann and oi va voi ljepotica... :) and take a break from my scandanavian music fetish.

i just can't do prog rock. maybe it was years listening to the radio eating my saturday lunch of mashed potatoes and sausages ( i ate the real thing when i was 3) and being bored staring at orange carpet and squidging mashed potato through my teeth. but i know plenty of cool people who love it so you're in good company enlightener.

i am also listening to joanna newsom at the moment. a harpist and singer a friend has recommended. very nice and dreamy. just how i like my music.

with a small obssession forming with Mr Loco...a 70's mexican band...thanks to watching Nacho Libra :)
Old 19-01-2007, 07:23 AM
Vajra

Color

I like classical, i love cellos, flutes, harps, pianos, tribal drumming, world music, meditative chakra clearing music, tibetan bowls, chimes oriental, enya, lorrena McKennit, and other celtic types, acoustic, folk, reggae, drum n' bass, techno (not the super fast stuff though) rock, i still enjoy a bit of speed metal here and there (used to be heavy into it) industrial- VNV Nation is great!!-, blues, ambient, indie, I don't usually listen to the radio unless its CJSR- our local university station- because they play all underground music :)I, myself play guitar (acoustic and electric) and piano, and I am also learning drums and cello at the moment

Last edited by Vajra : 19-01-2007 at 07:27 AM.
Old 19-01-2007, 03:05 PM
ljepotica

Vajra I also love harps-they have what I'd call a certain magical quality about them and they always remind me of unicorns:)
Drums are very powerful and hypnotic.
Sigur Ros certainly remind me of Fjords and such...Rose let me know when you're going on a holiday in the North pole as I may join you;)
If you look up Oi Va Voi look up "Laughter Through Tears" it's an amazing album.

Another dreamy group I find is Telefon Tel Aviv:)

And of course: The Doors.

I was watching Stray Dogs yesterday: a film set in post-Taliban Afghanistan and the music was so amazing that it nearly made me cry-it went beautifully with the scenery and it was simple but so powerful and evocative...

I love music that is played with simple instruments but is powerful-it really takes you away to another place:))

Enlightener: isn't it wonderful that something like music can make you reach a hightened state-and what's more you don't even need to prepare at all-just feel the music and close your eyes and you're soul starts to expand and you feel so alive and at one with the universe and beyond...

Oh and PJ Harvey is also amazing:) A few years back I'd listen to her on my discman and walk through this huge park that was kept natural and not too perfect and I'd loose myself completely-oh it was great to let to of all thoughts and concerns and just be.
Old 20-01-2007, 06:03 AM
rose

ooh me thinks we have very similar taste ljepotica. i have adored pj harvey for awhile now. Is This Desire is one of my "escape" albums.

it may be a few years away but i'll be sure to drop you a line when i'm about to head up north ;)
Old 21-01-2007, 12:32 PM
Eduards

I like a different kind of music but i dont like black metal, hard metal, hard rock...
Old 22-01-2007, 12:05 PM
Carsonal1

Quote:
Originally Posted by rose
i swear i get high on the song Glosoli by Sigur Ros. that song has to be supernatural it has such a powerful affect. same with All is Full of Love by Bjork.

Is that the original version or is it the All is full of Love strings mix?
Old 22-01-2007, 09:56 PM
rose

the original off the album. it is the most bare and helps that major chord change at the peak stand out more

welcome to the board by the way
Old 23-01-2007, 03:35 AM
Carsonal1

Favourite Albums:

Seal: 1, 2, Human being and Seal IV
Sting: Nothing Like The Sun, Brand New Day, Ten Summoners Tales
Prince: 3121, Gold Experience, Parade, The love Symbol Album
Scissor Sisters: Orignal Album, Ta Dah
k.d. Lang: All You can Eat, Invincible Summer
Jamiroquai: A Funk Odessy, Dynamite
George Michael: Older
The Cure: Disintegration, Kiss Me x3