Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Vegetarian & Vegan

Closed Thread

Old 15-01-2007, 10:13 AM
Suspended

vegan

i am taught by the people of turtle island (america ) before the whites invaded .that animals were our brothers and sisters and NOT to eaten they were put here to teach us different lessons ,what lesson depended on the animal person you were watching .
when they were in harmony with the earth they NEVER ate buffalo or any other brother and sister ,but could sit by a tree and wait for an apple to drop .when it is on the tree it is still living but , the second it starts to fall its is dieing so it can be eaten, but you all have free will .
when we started to eat are brothers and sisters thats when we lost our way, tho we think we are on the right path we have so much to learn about how wrong we are .
also it is common knowledge that animals poison there own meat just before they die , this poison you digest and in turn throws your vibrations out .
if you could only realise just how wrong it is to eat the animal people you would learn so much from spirit . but you shouldnt try to do it in one go as you will get withdrawal symptoms .
but as i say you all have free will
love and light
whitewing
Old 15-01-2007, 05:29 PM
Vajra

Smile Thank you Everyone

I am very sorry if this post has caused any bad vibrations, it was most definitely unintended, but i hear all points of view and never label anyone with negative thoughts i, myself, feel disgusting eating the meat of anything, and i don't really enjoy the taste at all anymore, because i know where it comes from and it makes me sick to know i am devouring another innocent being who went through such horrible happenings so that we could eat their flesh, it just seems so disrespectful to the animals, so wrong, but i eat it because i feel weak physically when i don't, but i did quit eating it all in one go, so that is most likely why, i am feeling physical withdrawal, so i have decided to see a doctor about changing over to vegetarian and how to do it safely, so i don't damage my system with deprivation of certain vitamins, i need to know what foods will have those nutrients and i will be set thank you everyone for your wisdom and knowledge on this subject i respect all views and will take each point posted into consideration.
*~Love and Light~*
Old 16-01-2007, 10:31 AM
rose

oh vajra...you haven't caused anything bad at all!

it was a great topic to bring up for discussion. it's all healthy debate to give people different ways of looking at things. so thankyou.

please don't be so hard on yourself. guilt does harm to your good self and you deserve better than that. don't be ashamed if you eat meat now and then until you get used to the new lifestyle. love yourself and your body and it will all go well with the transition.

good luck with your journey of vegetarianism. it's very wise of you to seek nutritional guidence first.

if you want any ideas or recipes, maybe we could start a new thread.
Old 30-01-2007, 06:27 AM
pure

I was thinking about some of the posts that were writen. We are talking about if its right or wrong to eat meat. Well i look at it this way, what i have noticed for a long time was that i couldn't understand why we ate meat and killed animals so that we could survive. I have learned through experience that if something is so barbaric, and we feel like its ok to do these things. most likely we are probally wrong.

Do you feel 100% that its right to eat meat?

because if there is that slightest chance of doubt in your heart then you need to really think it over, maybe even pray or ask what is right.

Only you know the answer

I still eat meat, but i am also having a problem stopping, money is tight and i cant afford to buy all the fresh vegetables. But i do know in my heart it is wrong to kill and eat animals. They suffer from pain, and it doesn't make it right to sacrifice their life so that we could enjoy a meal. I mean think about it would you kill your dog or cat? pets or livestock there is no difference. THEY ARE LIVING BEINGS AND IM SURE THEY DONT WANT TO DIE. but that is a decision for you to come up with.

I'm just here to give my point of view.

Wish you all LOVE and PEACE.

Have a great day/night..

~Pure~
Old 02-02-2007, 07:31 AM
Moonflower

Angel1 Hi

Hi Pure

I have never to my knowledge maybe as a very small child eaten meat & it has always been a conscious decision for me I do not have dairy either you can get all of the protein you need from pulses & nuts they have a higher protein content & are relatively cheaper than meat & are high in fibre which is very good for the digestive system, I do not believe that we have evolved with our digestive system it has been proven that meat eaters have a higher chance of getting cancer of the bowels as meat is not processed as well & putrifies in the system & hence creates toxins that the body cannot deal with. Not only the meat is putrifying in the system but we are also bombarded with goodness knows what with regard to chemicals, hormones that they are fed to make them grow quicker, mass production on a huge scale .

I personally believe that it is wrong to kill or cause any suffering to any living thing it is not Karmic. I am a strong believer that as humans we are capable of making choices we have the grey matter our thought process with regard to eating meat or not, another animal does it for survival apart from the fox who may do it in a frenzied state just for the sake of it.

Just my humble opinion Pure but I am sure if you decide to go Vegan, Vegetarian or Macrobiotic your energy levels, health & vitality for life will only improve the list goes on whatever your choice do what you feel is right.

Moonflower x
Old 03-02-2007, 10:57 PM
pure

Lightbulb

Thank You Moonflower

I just started reading and trying to understand how religions differ. When i came accross Buddism, as i read more and more i really understood this is what i was looking for all my life, i know this isn't a spiritual topic. But i was reading about how they do not beleive in killing any living thing. It really makes alot of sense. I too beleive in karma, and i think you are right that killing anything living can lead to bad karma.

I have a few questions:

Im not to bright at times so you will have to bear with me.

I was wondering what pulses were?

And also what is a vegan?

Have a great day/night..

~Pure~
Old 04-02-2007, 12:22 AM
rose

hey pure. you are bright! just open to learning as most of us are here

pulses are beans, lentils, chickpeas etc. a good source of protein when combined with grains and seeds.

a vegan is a vegetarian who also doesn't eat ANY animal products like dairy or eggs as they are firm believers that these cause the animals too much suffering (and they have a point...mass dairy farming is harmful to the animals and the environment).

a lacto-ovo vegetarian is actually a vegetarian who eats dairy.

a fruitarian only eats what falls naturally from a tree such as fruit and nuts. they believe tearing a vegetable out of the ground causes needless suffering.

apparently there are people who claim to have heard carrots scream when pulled out of the ground. whilst i do respect their beliefs i can't help thinking of harry potter and his botany classes when they had to deal with the baby mandrakes that screamed so loudly it could kill.

and then there's people who claim to live off light only. they had a couple of cases in australia where people died trying out this diet.

hmmmm. food for thought (excuse the pun :) )
Old 04-02-2007, 12:33 AM
Deactivated Account
do you know what gets me about some people who don't eat meat (some not all) they wear leather shoes or have leather sofas???????????????????
i do eat meat, because i like it but i don't like the idea of killing animals either.
Old 04-02-2007, 12:50 AM
rose

good point daisy :) but you accept that you eat it right? and respect what you do eat? having issues about little cute lambies being killed in sight and then going off to the supermarket to buy some anonymous lamb chops wrapped in comforting plastic is just as hypocritical as vegetarians evangelising their cause and then...like you said wisely...sitting their behinds on their new leather sofas! LOL

i think to evangelise you have to be pure. but otherwise it's ok to have your own beliefs.

i have a pair of leather shoes. i am trying to phase them out. but then i just don't eat flesh. it's my choice. my beliefs are my own and personal really and vege vs. meat debates can be just as intolerant of each other as religions.

and well. i applaud people who don't preach and just do what they can. something is better than nothing. being a food nazi just encourages bingeing and then self abuse, guilt etc. we can't all change the world but we can start small and build up as our personal ethics grow and change.

that is what i would like to share as food for thought for people (arghh there's that pun again!)

Last edited by rose : 04-02-2007 at 12:53 AM.
Old 04-02-2007, 04:25 AM
pure

Thank You

Daisy i never thought of it like that makes you think.

Rose i appreciate the info im not sure exactly what im going to do yet but you kind of paved a path for me. theres some light at the end of the tunnel so to speak. The question i kept struggling with was nutrition and getting the required vitamins. LOL yeah them mandrakes squeling goes right through you. kind of like scratching your nails across a chalk board ; ) Harry Potter movies are great loved them all.

Have a great day/night..

~Pure~

Last edited by pure : 04-02-2007 at 04:27 AM.
Closed Thread