Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 11-08-2018, 03:24 PM
Master

How Many Tears Does It Take To Get Through A Lifetime?

Last night I had a meltdown. I've had one thing knock me down after another for the past 6 months. I'm not looking for sympathy. This is a discussion based on the past 6 months leading up to last nights meltdown.

I just couldn't find something that I knew was there the day before. I get so very tired of things disappearing. This has happened my whole life. Things, minor things, just keep disappearing.

(Please don't tell me to talk to the spirits and ask not to take my stuff. This is way beyond all of that.)

Anywho! The meltdown. The stress of the past 6 months culminated last night. The tears started flowing.

And, last night as I was crying a thought came to my mind. It was how many tears does it take to get through a lifetime. If you are like me, you've had similar experiences throughout your life. You do okay for awhile, keeping that stiff upper lip, as the saying goes, and then one to many stumbling blocks brings you to your knees and all that pent up emotion gushes out.

Yes, I do feel better today. I got over my little hissy fit. And I don't feel bad for breaking down. I really needed that.

But it's nice to know we are in the same boat. We do fine for awhile and then it all has to come out.

This world is hard on a person.
Old 11-08-2018, 04:06 PM
Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by linen53
Last night I had a meltdown. I've had one thing knock me down after another for the past 6 months. I'm not looking for sympathy. This is a discussion based on the past 6 months leading up to last nights meltdown.

I just couldn't find something that I knew was there the day before. I get so very tired of things disappearing. This has happened my whole life. Things, minor things, just keep disappearing.

(Please don't tell me to talk to the spirits and ask not to take my stuff. This is way beyond all of that.)

Anywho! The meltdown. The stress of the past 6 months culminated last night. The tears started flowing.

And, last night as I was crying a thought came to my mind. It was how many tears does it take to get through a lifetime. If you are like me, you've had similar experiences throughout your life. You do okay for awhile, keeping that stiff upper lip, as the saying goes, and then one to many stumbling blocks brings you to your knees and all that pent up emotion gushes out.

Yes, I do feel better today. I got over my little hissy fit. And I don't feel bad for breaking down. I really needed that.

But it's nice to know we are in the same boat. We do fine for awhile and then it all has to come out.

I'm glad you're feeling better today.
The problem is the stiff upper lip and pent up emotions.
When you feel the emotions let them go or it will all build up again.
Old 11-08-2018, 04:24 PM
Master

Depression runs in my family. Depression is focusing on self. I try not to do that. My grandmother told me depression is like a disease and it has to be fought every day. And I do. And I am mostly successful. So rather than focus on myself I distract myself. Well, that is, most times. Last night was the rare occasion that I didn't or wasn't able to. I just needed to vent.

Thank you barrynu.
Old 11-08-2018, 04:36 PM
Master
Quote:

'There is a time for everything,
and a season for every activity under the heavens: '

A time to weep and a time to laugh...... It's your time to laugh.
Great your feeling better
Old 11-08-2018, 04:56 PM
Master
Quote:

Hello linen53,

Glad you feeling better.

I hold things in at times and feel the stress build up in myself.
It is not healthy for me.

This is expressing my view.

A good cry, a good laugh, and at times just talking it out helps in releasing held emotions. This I notice in how I feel mentally and physically.

"How many years does it take to get through a lifetime?" As many as needed.

Thank you for bringing this reminder up for me. Be gentle on myself.
Old 11-08-2018, 05:14 PM
Master

Thank you sky and Moonglow. Wise words from both of you.

As I was crying last night, deep wrenching sobs, I thought of just how many tears have slipped down my face over this lifetime. Bucketfuls.
Old 11-08-2018, 06:03 PM
Experiencer

Hi linen good you're feeling better today!

I always welcome the tears and sobs because I feel so much better afterwards.

In fact I cried just a couple of days ago and kept saying "It's too hard. It's just too hard!" (to be alive) So I totally understand you.
Old 11-08-2018, 07:10 PM
Master

Tomma I sooo understand you. That's where I was last night. And yes, today I feel much better.

Last night I threw a 3 ring binder down the hall and pages went flying everywhere. Today those pages are still on the floor and I relish walking all over them when I go to and from.
Old 11-08-2018, 07:36 PM
Master
Feel better, Linen53.

Sometimes i write things out or lock myself in my room when i'm overwhelmed with darker emotions.
Old 11-08-2018, 10:46 PM
Ascender

Quote:
Tomma I sooo understand you. That's where I was last night. And yes, today I feel much better.

Last night I threw a 3 ring binder down the hall and pages went flying everywhere. Today those pages are still on the floor and I relish walking all over them when I go to and from.

I know how that feels,,I released lots of "stuff" in the past and it feels sooo good to get angry and the important thing is to do it alone so it is not projected or passed on to someone else.

The "hole" that is left when these emotions are felt and freed will be filled again, so fill that hole with peace and love and butterflies and rainbows