Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Crystals & Gemstones

Old 11-07-2018, 10:44 PM
Newbie ;)
Seeker

Color Help identifying some more stones?

Hello again! So, I've come across some more stones which I can't quite identify. This used to belong to my father, and they were actually in my childhood bedroom for years as just "pretty knick-knacks" (my family was never into crystal healing or anything, my sister and I were the first "weird hippies" lol)
I came across them while unpacking some old boxes after my recent move, and it made me wonder what they are or if they have any uses/healing properties.

Keep in mind, these were seen as just pretty knick-knacks, so they may not even be real and/or they might just be general "rocks" or random minerals for all I know. I'm also very much just a beginner when it comes to crystals, so I apologize if my guesses are way off base.

Just by the looks of the first one I feel might be a raw piece of rose quartz(I also held it next to my tumbled piece of rose quartz in the sunlight for comparison):

Next, there's this purple one, which has a bit of white in it and lots of little sparkly bits:

Then there's this one, which almost looks like a piece of glass? It has a rainbow reflective quality to it wherever the light hits it. My only thought was maybe opalite, but it seems too clear to be opal. (I have an opal pendant, but held next to one another they seem completely different, the opal is much cloudier, it didn't even seem worth it to include):

Then this white one which is strange to me, it almost looks like a piece of bone. It has these odd little ridges all along it:
Old 11-07-2018, 10:45 PM
Newbie ;)
Seeker

Next there's this reddish brown one, the first thing that came to mind for me is possibly Tiger's Eye? Held next to my Tiger's Eye pendant for comparison:

The last two I'm a bit wary of. They seem almost too shiny/glittery to be true, I actually wonder if there's not some type of paint or silver coating on them. You can be the judge:

Lastly, A little bonus. A few years ago, before I was into crystals, I bought this pendant from a girl on Etsy, simply because I thought it was beautiful. She sold from Hawaii and advertised them simply as "Raw Hawaiian Stones" but now that I'm getting into crystal healing, I'm curious what type of stone it actually is. Thoughts?

Again, apologies if any of these are simply random rocks or minerals, I truly don't know what I'm doing when it comes to stones yet! But, if anyone knows what these could be, or if they have any healing uses, it would be much appreciated! TIA!
Old 11-07-2018, 11:49 PM
Experiencer

1st is rough rose quartz
2nd looks like rough lepidolite
3rd iceland spar
5th selenite
5th rough brown or sunset jasper? Definiatly not tigers eye though.
6th looks like iceland spar on matrix
Last looks like pyrite with a titanium aura coating.
Old 12-07-2018, 12:02 AM
Experiencer

Opalite is man made and in my opinion it is junk. It is cloudy/milky white with a blueish reflective color. Dont fall for that garbage. People have called it many things. I have even seen it listed as rainbow moonstone. It has in my opinion zero metaphysical properties and is a waste of money. I have seen the word opal attached to many things and in my opinion it is to elevate the price of another material. Opal is opal it has colorful specs and a mesmerizing bedazzle to it. In my opinion if it doesnt have that then it is not opal.
Old 12-07-2018, 04:49 AM
Newbie ;)
Seeker

Thank you!! These all match up really well!
Someone in another forum suggested the super silvery one(6th stone) might be Galena? Looking at photos of it I think it matches.

What about the 7th stone? Any ideas for what this one might be? It's the only one no one seems to have a suggestion for.
Old 12-07-2018, 03:52 PM
Experiencer

I thought that was the back of the pic above it I am sorry. I will do some research and see if I can find it. You mentioned before they could be just rocks. Well I want to explain something. All rocks contain minerals and silicate some contain organic materials. They all have a vibration and they hold energy from their location. Just because it is not a crystal or specific identifiable mineral do not discount its ability to resonate with you and help you in some way. It drew your attention to pick it up and bring it home so in someway it resonates with you. That alone is where the magic is so never discount it as just a rock. :)
Old 12-07-2018, 04:10 PM
Experiencer

Is it brittle? That silvery sheen it has is that caused by light reflection or is it possibly a clear opaqe mineral?
Old 12-07-2018, 04:52 PM
Newbie ;)
Seeker

Thank you! I'll keep that in mind, like I said, I'm very new to all this so I'm still just learning about all different stones and their energies. I'll have to ditch my "just a rock" mindset haha :)

And no this one doesn't seem brittle at all, it's quite dark and the shimmer is there on top all the time, even without light reflection, which was why I thought perhaps it had paint or some type of coating on it.
I'm not sure what a clear opaque mineral is? Please excuse my ignorance haha I'm such a newbie ��
Old 12-07-2018, 08:57 PM
Experiencer

3rd rock down kinda looks like yours
https://geology.com/minerals/hematite.shtml
Its called secular hematite
Old 13-07-2018, 01:34 AM
Newbie ;)
Seeker

Yes, that definitely looks like a match!! Thank you so much, you've been such a huge help!