Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Crystals & Gemstones

Old 01-07-2018, 10:34 PM
Newbie ;)
Seeker

Color Help identifying some crystals?

Hello all!

So, the other night I found some healing crystals which belonged to my sister.
She's passed away, so obviously I can't just ask her what they are, and there was nothing with them to indicate what they might be, they were just in a case with some of her oils and other things.

I'm pretty certain one is a Rose Quartz, and I think one may be a Tektite, but the others I'm unclear about.

I've done a little research and I have some guesses, but I'm very new to crystals and not experienced at all, so I was hoping someone a bit more educated in this might be able to tell just by sight. :)

(hopefully these images show up, this is my first time trying to attach pictures lol. Also ignore my gross dry hands lol :P p.p.s had to edit to put the photos in, sorry guys I'm such a newb. )

Here is the one I believe to be Rose Quartz:

It's a bit pinker in person than it's showing up on camera. Not sure if there's anything else it could be?

This one I think may be Tektite?

At first glance I thought maybe Jet or Obsidian, but the rough texture is what's making me think Tektite.

The rest of these, I've got NO clue. I gathered some guesses from google-image deep diving, which I'll include, but I really am unclear on what they might be. But again, I'm not experienced at all and my guesses are just from google image searching, so forgive me if I'm way off base. :p

First we have this blue-green one:

My guesses from research are perhaps either Amazonite, Prehnite, or Aventurine?

Then this orange one, Which I ran out of photos for this thread to use so maybe I'll post the others in a reply below. But it's more reddish-burnt orange onthe first side, then you can see when you turn it to the side it has a sort of line down the center:

Which then connects to the other side with a more white type orange.
This was probably the toughest. I didn't find any in my image search that matched exactly. My best guesses of what looked the closest were maybe Carnelian, orange Sunstone, or orange/Fire Agate? But again none of those seemed like a 100% match to me.

And lastly, this little white sort of marbled one:

Again, I'm super uneducated here, but my best guess based on my research would be maybe Magnesite?

Any help would be much appreciated if anyone recognizes these stones!
Also, if you know what they are and know of their properties and ways I can use them would also be super helpful!
Thank you in advance!
Old 01-07-2018, 10:43 PM
Newbie ;)
Seeker

Sorry about that, I had to update to get the photos in there correctly. I told you I didn't know what I was doing lol :p

Anyways, here's a better look at the orange on, since I couldn't fit all the photos in the original post:

Old 01-07-2018, 11:02 PM
Master
If the orange looks like this, it's fire calcite (other images on Google won't look like this photo, but they CAN look like this, I know as I got a few. The ones you find on Google is likely lower quality).

If not that, it's orange aventurine, I do think it's that

The others you already got right: rose quartz, tektite, I think indeed green aventurine, and magnesite.
Old 02-07-2018, 03:23 AM
Experiencer

I love FC, but I have to respectively disagree regarding the orange stone.it isnt calcite as it lacks the white matrix often seen in the stone. I did find another possible match which is orange jade due to its solid color

Rose quartz is for the heart. It helps to heal hidden emotions that may be holding you back. It also helps to open the chakra and allow your emotions to flow. The heart chakra also connects the lower chakras and the upper together and the heart is the seat of the soul (in my belief system).

Tektite may be a little on the advanced side depending on where you are in respect to your chakras.Tektite Meanings. Tektite Crystal Healing Properties: Tektites are ideal meditative tools, helping one to expand the consciousness into the highest frequencies. They have an empowering effect on people and can help to increase synchronicities and connections.

Green adventurine is the stone of luck, money, and the heart chakra. Physically, Green Aventurine is an all-around healing stone with benefits for the lungs, liver, sinuses, and heart. Use Green Aventurine to loosen and release negativity and energy blockages, including disease. Some wear or carry Green Aventurine to increase intelligence, perception and creativity.

White Magnesite Metaphysical Properties. White magnesite is known for its calming properties, helping to improve creative visualization and imagination. It is also commonly believed to bring deep peace and silent relaxation during meditation, stimulate passion in the heart and help strengthen bones and teeth.

Im going to provide the three possibilities for the stone.

Because of its color it resonates the Sacral Chakra is the second chakra and is known to be the center of pleasure, enjoyment and creativity. ... The color associated with the second chakra is orange, which stands for warmth and emotion. Someone with a balanced second chakra radiates warmth and is able to speak openly about emotions.

Orange Jade brings joy and teaches the interconnectedness of all beings. It is energetic and quietly stimulating.

Orange Calcite helps integrate the spiritual realm with the physical body, enhances creativity, and is helpful with emotional issues. ... Those experiencing depression will benefit from Orange Calcite's infusion of bright vibrations into the lower chakras. Calcite is a powerful energy amplifier and cleanser.

Orange Aventurine is an all around healer to bring joy into one's life. Works with the second chakra, dissolving creative blocks and healing sexual trauma. Aids in independence and originality. stimulates creativity & enhances personal power. Enhances intellectual powers & promotes communication

Most of this info is not mine I would like to credit google for being the all knowing LOL I always use google i just plain can not remember it all.
Old 02-07-2018, 04:29 PM
Guide

Hmm my two cents are that it might be Orange Calcite. Judging from the photos it has white 'clouding' on one site and that is something I recognise from some of my own Orange Calcite stones. Almost like tiny white bubbles. I took a picture of my own tumbled piece so you can compare.

Old 03-07-2018, 02:00 PM
Master

The green one could be amazonite
Old 04-07-2018, 12:45 AM
Newbie ;)
Seeker

Thanks everyone! I will say that orange jade seems maybe the closest so far, but even still doesn't seem like a 100% visual match. I wonder if however it was tumbled is what's making it tough to see which stone it is? It's driving me mad lol.

The green/blue one I do think from my own research is either amazonite or aventurine, looking at it in person I'm more prone to say amazonite?
But again, I know nothing about this stuff yet lol. I'm surprised and proud that I was able to match up the quartz and tektite haha.
Old 04-07-2018, 01:12 AM
Experiencer

You could perform a streak test also known as a scratch test.

Perform A Scratch Test
Jadeite is very hard; it will scratch glass or even metal. Nephrite, however, can be much softer, so performing a scratch test improperly may damage a genuine piece. Use the blunt end of a pair of scissors and gently press down and draw a line on an area on the jade piece that is not visible (bottom or end of the piece). Avoid any weathering surfaces because these are much softer and can be easily damaged. If the scratch makes a white line, gently wipe it off (it might be metal residue from the scissors). Is there still a scratch? If so, it’s probably not authentic jade.

If it scratches glass or steel, it could still be many of the alternatives to jade as well, including the various forms of green quartz and prehnite.

Perform this test at your own risk. The piece may be very valuable, even if it’s not made from jade, and can lose significant value if scratched.

Calcite has a Mohs of 3 so if scratched against the surface of a hard rough surface of a known strength will produce a white streak. If it can be scratched by stainless steal which has a Mohs of about 5.5 then it is more probable that it is calcite. If it is harder than the stainless steal knife it could also be Orange Adventurine as that has a Mohs of 7. The choice of trying to scratch it is entirely up to you as it could damage the stone though not by much usually it is just another informal method of finding out what it is and is usually as a feild test when rock hounding.

Namaste`

Ps the green on is green adventurine not amazonite. I have a bunch of green adventurine and a lot of them look like yours. I also have a bunch of amazonite and non of them have such dark green flecks. It is more of a teal or aqua blue. Amazonite can also be scratched with the steel knife as opposed to adventurine.