Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Crystals & Gemstones

Old 29-06-2018, 12:40 AM
Experiencer
Advice needed before crystal show.

I am seeking advice in a few different forms before attending a long trek to a crystal, gem, and mineral show in the next few weeks. A group of us are car pooling and it is suppose to be a pretty huge show drawing many from all over the country. Between 100-150 vendors. I have read that for many that are open they can feel the energy pulsing by just walking into the building. At least that is the talk online.

Anyhow, the knowledge I am seeking before going there is that I know certain crystals can be strongest coming from different areas across the globe. Some must have termination points (don't know if I said this correctly or not). So I'm wondering if anyone can advise me on what to seek out when I view them and hold the crystals or which ones should be from what areas or regions to have the strongest energy. I know I would like to obtain a few for repelling negativity as well as protection, something for calmness and balance, to keep any anxiety in check, a few to help open the root, throat, and crown chakras, and something as well for hope and prosperity.

Any advice would be appreciated. I know many of you on here are very seasoned in knowing what to look for and what is best, as well as what areas of the country they should be mined from to hold the greatest energies in them. And your knowledge is greatly appreciated. I am still a novice at crystals and still avidly learning.
Old 29-06-2018, 03:56 AM
Experiencer

Amethyst or flourite for anxiety sweety.
Black Tourmaline is the best, but black onyx will protect and dispel negative energies as well as help with anxiety.
Green Adventurine and citrine for abundance.
Throat chakra should be blue i like angelite or celestite these both double for the higher chakras as well, root chakra, red carnelian is great for the root chakra in my experiance.
As for hope The Amethyst will work so will the citrine and the green adventurine.

When it comes to choosing the crystal will choose you. If you are not able to feel energy then it is usually the crystal that attracts your eye and you will get this I HAVE TO TOUCH IT, HOLD IT, DONT WANT TO PUT IT DOWN VIBE! If you are sensitive to energy then place it in your receiving hand or put your receiving hand above it if it has a point and think about what you want it for and see if the crystal resonates with your purpose or intention.

As far as chakras you need to work from the root up. Itis like building a house the roof will collapse if the foundation is weak. You need to work on the lower chakras and balance them. Then the heart chakra because it connects the lower with the upper. The seventh chakra or crown will automatically open with the strengthening of the 6th chakra but you cant do that without working on the lower. After that then you use the crown chakra stones to strengthen it. The basic crystals to use will match the color of the chakra it works with. There are some exceptions that are easy to remember.

Root-red/black
Sacral- orange
Solar- yellow
Heart- green/ pink
Throat- blue
Third eye- purple
Crown- white/ some yellows/ some blues /and some purples anything to do with angels and purity ex. Selenite, celestite,angelite,charoite.

You may go and come home with things you didnt think you needed or different crystals all together lol. Keep your phone hopefully you have service and google the name of the crystal and add the word meaning. You will get some great info and it is right in tap. If you only want natural crystals you can even look up how its made. If you have anymore questions feel free to PM me or ask here.

Maybe Lynn will come along she is a wealth of information too.
Old 29-06-2018, 07:31 AM
Experiencer
I think Compendium has a good point to let the crystal choose you. Personally I wouldn't get too hung up on where it was mined. IMHO if a crystal has the same chemical formula it shouldn't matter too much which soil it was taken from. After all, the techtonic plates are always shifting anyhow.

As far as power is concerned, I would think that bigger is better, although many would not agree with me. If it were me, I would get the prettiest, most impressive ones, something you will get a lot of joy from.
Old 29-06-2018, 10:30 AM
Master
I think you should just go there without any premeditated 'plan'. That's the best way to go about it when it comes to crystals since it is something you have to feel and that is different for everyone.
I can tell you a few places where powerful crystals are found/mined, but that doesn't mean to say you resonate with these crystals at all.
So just go there, let yourself be surprised, try to get out of your head, and feel what calls you.
Then you will find the right crystals for you right now.
Old 29-06-2018, 04:14 PM
Guide

Another piece of advice is to not pay too much. Take a mobile phone with you so you can compare prices. Not so much a metaphysical tip, more like a practical one.
Old 29-06-2018, 05:59 PM
Experiencer

Everyone above is sooo right! Especially practicality on price. When you compare prices of crystals do not use ebay. Ebay takes a lot of research to make sure what you are buying is authentic. If you pic up a crystal and your heart says this feels like glass follow your heart. I know it is a show but even the best buyers can end up with junk, though it is rare. Also I feel compelled to tell you when it comes to moldavite which is a green tektite found only in the Czech republic and surrounding area. This can be faked and often is. It should not be all one color each peice should have a variation of green throughout. I would google how to spot fake moldavite on google as there are a plethora of knowledgeable articles regarding this issue.
Old 29-06-2018, 07:19 PM
Master
My advice to you before going is... hide your wallet. Once all those crystals come out, I'm always ready to buy, buy, buy... LOL.

There isn't much of a right or wrong when it comes to crystals. As everything is debated, and not many things are completely agreed one. Some say size doesn't matter. Some says it does. Some say raw is stronger than polished. And so on, and so on. I think really, you will be your best gauge for what you need and are looking for. Outside of the typical standard answers of this, and that crystal is for this and that. Each crystal will react differently to different people.

One of the good things about attending things like this, is that you are able to feel and experience their energies/looks/etc before you take it home. Which you don't get to do when buying online. And all your questions, and concerns, ask the vendors themselves. If they can't help you with answers like that then you probably don't want to be buying from them.

And above all else. Have fun with it. And do let us know what you pick up and buy.
Old 30-06-2018, 02:33 AM
Experiencer
Thank you everyone for all the advice. I believe I will follow most all that you gave me and definitely go with what seems to resonate the most. I do agree that it is a definite advantage to buying over the internet in being able to see them up close and feel the energy from each by being there. I will definitely share what I wind up coming home with from that event and maybe try to get some pics to post as well. You guys are a wealth of knowledge in here and it is very much appreciated because I am still learning about crystals.

My only experience in having a crystal speak to me (and I never really knew what that meant until this experience), was when I was benched at a local art/craft show and the lady next to me happened to make crystal jewelry. She had all her pendants hanging on a free standing rack and every time I would look over at a gorgeous amythest geode pendant she had that was about the size of a silver dollar it would start swinging and moving on the rack. There was no air flow or current in the room whatsoever but it was the only pendant that would start moving when I looked over. It would stop swinging when I looked away. It happened so much that day I honestly felt it was communicating to me so I bought it, and have been wearing it ever since.
Old 30-06-2018, 03:06 AM
Experiencer

Yeah that one was speaking to you all right. I have a raw amethyst and when I was making my pendulum I knew It needed an amethyst point. When I picked it up and held it with my hand slightly open and I was just holding it. It turned on its side while I was holding it which was odd considering i didnt move and the crystal was laying flat in my hand. Strongest crystal communication ever. Usually when I am holding the right crystal it will pulse in my palm like a heart beat almost. Have fun at your show. :)