Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Buddhism

Old 06-05-2020, 07:38 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by LightAngels
Of course ,I had felt some differences. I believe that that area close to the river is filled with very positive energies .

To comment on what I said, I think one of the things you begin with in Buddhism is detachment from the world ,at least once a day. By that I mean go back to our roots ,to nature. Modern times made it so that it's actually a challenge now days to find a quiet place in nature.

How to detach it's a hard question. I think first you have to see through the smoke of illusion .Nothing is what it seems. What we see at first as pleasure can very well turn into it's opposite later on,which is suffering..
As you walk the road towards Truth you start to find it all less and less interesting,the mundane things. Then you start paying more attention to how people feel,rather than how you feel. Detachment can be thought as sacrificing the world and all it's illusory pleasures ,and once we learn how important is sacrifice,we learn to sacrifice ourselves for others. Not in a silly irrational way ,but in a healthy way that somehow is decided by someone or something else.

We don't have much control of the outside world, so all we can do is gain control of the inside world, which is ourselves.

' Buddhism is detachment from the world ,at least once a day '

I think Buddhism is about Non-attachment to the world rather than Detachment.

' Non-attachment is essentially a practice of presence and mindfulness. It is not allowing your sense of wellbeing to rely upon anything other than your own presence of awareness. It means to be in the world, but not of the world.

Detachment however, means to distance oneself from the world out of total disinterest. It’s an aloofness that separates oneself from the rest of the world. Essentially, it is escapism—which is a form of suffering.'

Zenthinking.net