Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Judaism

Old 17-01-2012, 08:30 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by slave of Allaah
Hi psychoslice,

I don't know.

I added a comment in the previous post, I hope you see it again.
Thanks slave of Allaah, i have read the Quran, but don't remember that verse in those words, but that might be because of the English translation, I'll have to find my Quran and have another look, thanks again.
Old 17-01-2012, 09:33 AM
slave of Allaah

psychoslice!

I understood your question as if all muslims interpret that verse the same, but if wondered whether all muslims accept it as a Quranic verse, then the answer is yes of course.

Old 17-01-2012, 01:37 PM
Ascender
Quote:

Verily! Those who believed and those who are Jews and Christians, and Sabians, whoever believes in Allâh and the Last Day and do righteous good deeds shall have their reward with their Lord, on them shall be no fear, nor shall they grieve. (62) [Quran:Ch2]

This verse is very true. We will be judged on what we were given, not by what we were not given. And we shall surely be judged by our deeds. It is God that reveals all things in this world. The Jews will be judged by the Torah, the Christians will be judged by the Gospel and the Muslims will be judged by the Qur'an. These three faiths are all brothers in God. God married the Jews to the Torah, but does not reveal the Gospel and the Qur'an to the Jews. God married the Gospel to the Christians and the Christians will be judged by what they do for or against the Gospel. The Christians will not be judged by the Qur'an because God does not reveal it to them. They are cut off from it. And God married the Muslims to the Qur'an and by the Qur'an shall the Muslims be judged.

God gave all of nature to know Him by and many other prophets to those outside the Abrahamic faiths. God seals His faith in every persons hand. We believe or we do not believe.

mj
Old 17-01-2012, 02:20 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Peter -
IIt is kind of you to answer this Q:
What is the result of disobeying/refusing the messengers of God?

Now your answer is not a decision you make against people. yes?

SOA -

Rather than engage in a dance of words, why not simply make whatever point you are trying to make?

B'shalom,

Peter
Old 17-01-2012, 09:11 PM
AngelicOrin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathew James
This verse is very true. We will be judged on what we were given, not by what we were not given. And we shall surely be judged by our deeds. It is God that reveals all things in this world. The Jews will be judged by the Torah, the Christians will be judged by the Gospel and the Muslims will be judged by the Qur'an. These three faiths are all brothers in God. God married the Jews to the Torah, but does not reveal the Gospel and the Qur'an to the Jews. God married the Gospel to the Christians and the Christians will be judged by what they do for or against the Gospel. The Christians will not be judged by the Qur'an because God does not reveal it to them. They are cut off from it. And God married the Muslims to the Qur'an and by the Qur'an shall the Muslims be judged.

God gave all of nature to know Him by and many other prophets to those outside the Abrahamic faiths. God seals His faith in every persons hand. We believe or we do not believe.

mj

Beautifully said, Matthew.
Old 21-03-2012, 02:48 PM
sbjazzman

The Jews are not person centric. They are Torah centric. Everything starts and ends with the Torah which is revered above all things. This is why the Koran calls the Jews the "People of the Book".
Old 27-03-2012, 03:28 PM
mistogan

hello everybody,

Maybe the question was asked before, but I can't search the whole forum for that, so...

I was wondering why muslims can eat halal and kacher, whereas Jews eat only kacher ?
As the animal is sacrified for one single God, why is there a difference between halal and kacher ?

advance thanks for your answer,

bye bye
Old 27-03-2012, 05:47 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistogan
hello everybody,

Maybe the question was asked before, but I can't search the whole forum for that, so...

I was wondering why muslims can eat halal and kacher, whereas Jews eat only kacher ?
As the animal is sacrified for one single God, why is there a difference between halal and kacher ?

advance thanks for your answer,

bye bye

Your comment that "the animal is sacrified for one single G-d" makes no real sense since meat for eating is not an animal sacrifice. We Jews have been out of the animal sacrifice business for a very, very long time.

Jews and Muslims have different holy scriptures - and a number of rules are different. Muslims believe that Jewish scripture has been corrupted, Jews do not accept the Qu'ran as scripture.

Your comment that Muslims can partake of hala and kosher is not quite accurate. First of all there are restrictions on Muslims regarding products that are kosher. I have seen, for example, Muslim authorities who forbid the eating of kosher meat because the animal has not been slaughtered in the name of Allah.

B'shalom,

Peter

Last edited by RabbiO : 27-03-2012 at 09:56 PM.
Old 30-03-2012, 12:01 AM
Present

Matthew James,

Perhaps these statements do not hold water, so to speak. Perhaps you have been led to believe these things without ever questioning whether or not it is true.

Last edited by Present : 30-03-2012 at 02:43 AM. Reason: controversial
Old 30-03-2012, 03:00 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by Present
Matthew James,

Perhaps these statements do not hold water, so to speak. Perhaps you have been led to believe these things without ever questioning whether or not it is true.

not following which statements you mean.

mj