Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 20-10-2019, 08:30 AM
Deactivated Account

There Is Only One God.

Reading through some of the posts here, there is an understanding that there is God in the middle, and on one side there is Jesus Christ, and on the other hand there is the Holy Spirit which looks like a bird.

The Jews believed in one Creator and so did the Gentiles. Thomas doubted that Jesus had come back to life, I mean who does that? And he tested Jesus and saw that indeed He was alive and he exclaimed, "My Lord and my God!"

Saul, a zealous Jew was going to deal with this strange sect they called The Way, and all of a sudden a Bright Light appeared and he fell to the ground and he said, "Who are you, Lord?" to which the Lord replied, " I am Jesus..."

Stephen an Apostle of Jesus Christ during the sentence handed to him had this mentioned;
And as they stoned Stephen, he called upon God saying... "Lord Jesus, receive my spirit."

That which is Absolute cannot be divided.
Old 20-10-2019, 09:01 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aknaton
Reading through some of the posts here, there is an understanding that there is God in the middle, and on one side there is Jesus Christ, and on the other hand there is the Holy Spirit which looks like a bird.

The Jews believed in one Creator and so did the Gentiles. Thomas doubted that Jesus had come back to life, I mean who does that? And he tested Jesus and saw that indeed He was alive and he exclaimed, "My Lord and my God!"

Saul, a zealous Jew was going to deal with this strange sect they called The Way, and all of a sudden a Bright Light appeared and he fell to the ground and he said, "Who are you, Lord?" to which the Lord replied, " I am Jesus..."

Stephen an Apostle of Jesus Christ during the sentence handed to him had this mentioned;
And as they stoned Stephen, he called upon God saying... "Lord Jesus, receive my spirit."

That which is Absolute cannot be divided.

One God with different facets...
Old 20-10-2019, 11:57 AM
MAYA EL

They are allegorical characters that represent something and were by no means ment to be taken at face value originally.
Old 20-10-2019, 02:10 PM
Master

The God(s) of the Bible are the Elohim, which is plural for Eloh (or Allah in Arabic). They have children. Clearly, they are a species to their own, who can procreate. Biologically, that makes sense, since we are unaware of any species that has only one existing member. We were made in their (not his!) image, so they must resemble us biologically. The information is there, not just in the bible, but in the Enuma Elish as well, on which much of the Bible was based. The book of Enoch also contains several hints. That does not preclude the existence of One original creator, even though it does seem unlikely based on our current understanding of how the universe came to be.
Old 20-10-2019, 03:37 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoOne
The God(s) of the Bible are the Elohim, which is plural for Eloh (or Allah in Arabic). They have children. Clearly, they are a species to their own, who can procreate. Biologically, that makes sense, since we are unaware of any species that has only one existing member. We were made in their (not his!) image, so they must resemble us biologically. The information is there, not just in the bible, but in the Enuma Elish as well, on which much of the Bible was based. The book of Enoch also contains several hints. That does not preclude the existence of One original creator, even though it does seem unlikely based on our current understanding of how the universe came to be.
If you look at the first creation account in Genesis 1:1-2:3 the English word for God is the Hebrew word is אֱלֹהִ֑ים which is transliterated as Elohim. Greek has no word for אֱלֹהִ֑ים (Elohim). When the scriptures got translated from Hebrew to Greek, they should have translated אֱלֹהִ֑ים Elohim as a share word but instead translated the word as θεὸς which can mean God(s) and/or god(s).

In Genesis 2:4 the transliterated word Yahweh is introduced which is translated into English as LORD. In Exodus 6:3 in the King James Bible reads: "And I appeared unto Abraham, unto Isaac, and unto Jacob, by the name of God Almighty, but by my name JEHOVAH was I not known to them." In virtually all English Bibles, Yahweh, Jehovah has been translated as LORD which causes more confusion. Then there are other words such as El, Adonai, etc. which at first seems confusing but in reality makes it apparent there are several people with different belief systems who are commenting on the subject. The material resonates with the Talmud which is a collection of opinions.

I suspect Genesis was written by the Jews during their diaspora in
Babylon and that Genesis probably was written before the Talmud.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 20-10-2019, 07:48 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123

I agree very strongly!
Old 23-10-2019, 03:06 AM
Experiencer

"And I appeared unto Abraham, unto Isaac, and unto Jacob, by the name of God Almighty, but by my name JEHOVAH was I not known to them."

Jehovah is what I call my Father in Heaven. :)
Old 23-10-2019, 05:41 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawaiian Dreams
"And I appeared unto Abraham, unto Isaac, and unto Jacob, by the name of God Almighty, but by my name JEHOVAH was I not known to them."

Jehovah is what I call my Father in Heaven. :)
THIS IS PROBABLY THE MOST POWERFUL AND LEAST UNDERSTOOD SCRIPTURE IN THE BIBLE!

The above cited scripture is from the King James Bible. The verse is Exodus 6:3.

The New King James Bible, like most new Bibles, alters this scripture so it reads
"I appeared to Abraham, to Isaac, and to Jacob, as God Almighty, but by My name LORD I was not known to them."

To the casual reader, the difference may not be noticed, but the difference is very important. Here is why.

In Hebrew the word used for Jehovah or Lord is
יְהוָ֔ה
which is normally transliterated as Yahweh.

But the scripture cited claims the name 'was not known to them' but you do not have to study the scriptures very long to realize the name was used for a long time before this conversation happened. Why the irregularity? Actually there is no irregularity: certain words were seriously mistranslated. For example look at the first usage of the word Yahweh. The word id found in Genesis 2: 4 where it reads "This is the account of the heavens and the earth when they were created, when the LORD God made the earth and the heavens." In Hebrew the word for LORD is transliterated as Yahweh but on careful examination of that word, the word in Hebrew is
יְהוָ֥ה
which if you look closely with the word used in Exodus 6:3, the words are slightly different.

This word is pronounced as Yǝhwāh.

Genesis 4:1 reads "Adam made love to his wife Eve, and she became pregnant and gave birth to Cain. She said, “With the help of the Lord I have brought forth a man.”"

In Hebrew, this Lord, is
יְהוָֽה׃
which is commonly transliterated as Yahweh but if you look closely at the Hebrew word, it is slightly different from the other two words commonly transliterated as Yahweh and translated as LORD or Lord. The 3 Hebrew words mentioned, are all slightly different.

The Hebrew language was a lot more complicated then we could imagine. I have found 8 of these variations. Each variation gets transliterated as a separate word with a new meaning! For some odd reason, translators decided to not bring these words over as share words but instead substitute the words which diluted the words till it has today almost no meaning..

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 24-10-2019, 06:54 PM
Experiencer

Thank you BigJohn. I cannot read Hebrew, but I can see that the format of those words seem very similar, except the little accents that are attached around them.

One day I prayed and asked what God wanted to be called. I cycled through a few different names that I have heard, and the one that he answered me with was Jehovah. I'm glad that verse was shared. It affirms that is what he wishes to be called. 63 has been a number that is significant to me; the fact that Exodus 6:3 was quoted means so much more.
Old 30-10-2019, 02:29 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123

ékaṃ sádvíprā bahudhā́ vadanty "One Truth the sages call by many names" - Rig Veda 10.164.46