Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Past Lives & Reincarnation

Old 26-10-2016, 06:17 PM
Deactivated Account
Pining

Have you ever experienced a profound longing for something or someone you can't quite place? Perhaps something related to a past life?
Old 14-11-2016, 11:38 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebeautifulsacred
Have you ever experienced a profound longing for something or someone you can't quite place? Perhaps something related to a past life?
This may not be what you were looking for when you posted your query, beautiful one, but this is how the spirit in me responded. I hope it gives you something you can play with.

Whether what you reference is a 'longing' to again feel (in the sense of re-experience) the 'connection' you had with something/someone experienced in a past life, or maybe in this one, say, with your mother (maybe 'in utero', or as 'a suckling'), or with your 'spiritual friends/family' who you hobnob with in 'the spirit world' in between lives, ...

... simply on the basis of your reporting that you are experiencing such pining/longing, I would guess and so suggest the possibility that at least one of the purposes or task/challenges undertaken by your soul in its choice of your present incarnation is to 'transcend' or 'dissolve' such feeling(s) of aloneness/neediness whereby/wherein you experience a sense of incompleteness without the 'prop' of such connection with something/someone 'outside' of 'yourself'.

In my case, my experience of such 'longing', 'missing', 'needing' etc. led me to want, seek and engage in 'outside' relationships, which resulted in temporary surceases of the feeling, only to reexperience it (in spades!) when and as 'limitations' in said relationships became apparent and /or they completely 'failed'.

Rather than seeking (as your OP suggests you are doing) to more specifically identify the prior-memory associated 'sources' of said pining/longing which, I would suggest, will only serve to keep you 'caught up' in (at best) here-today-gone-tomorrow satisfaction loops, you might consider really 'going for the gold' by praying for and focusing on developing/experiencing an 'inner' connection with and consequent feeling of being 'whole' in relation to the SPIRIT of 'Life' ITSELF (and so no longer 'miss' and 'need' anything or anyone 'else' to fully be and experience being 'in' a state of 'love' and 'belonging', this having become your 'normal', i.e. 'base', state in consequence).

For that to happen, you would of course have to first believe that such a state of being is possible for you to experience, and then (as a next 'step' or series of 'steps', you would have to) persist in hopefully proceeding with faith that it will experientially eventuate as a result of your proceeding on an "Ask, and ye shall receive" basis.

I am finally, at 74!, at a point when I can say I 'succeeded' in getting my heart's 'desire' this way - 'pining' and 'longing' has 99.9% stopped, echoes thereof down to .01% at most I would say. I have no regrets relating the path I took to get 'here' since that is what it took to get 'me' 'here', albeit I recognize that I well might have gotten 'here' sooner if I hadn't spent so much time (unsuccessfullyl!) trying to get 'here' in other ways.
Old 15-11-2016, 12:10 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsun
This may not be what you were looking for when you posted your query, beautiful one, but this is how the spirit in me responded. I hope it gives you something you can play with.

Whether what you reference is a 'longing' to again feel (in the sense of re-experience) the 'connection' you had with something/someone experienced in a past life, or maybe in this one, say, with your mother (maybe 'in utero', or as 'a suckling'), or with your 'spiritual friends/family' who you hobnob with in 'the spirit world' in between lives, ...

... simply on the basis of your reporting that you are experiencing such pining/longing, I would guess and so suggest the possibility that at least one of the purposes or task/challenges undertaken by your soul in its choice of your present incarnation is to 'transcend' or 'dissolve' such feeling(s) of aloneness/neediness whereby/wherein you experience a sense of incompleteness without the 'prop' of such connection with something/someone 'outside' of 'yourself'.

In my case, my experience of such 'longing', 'missing', 'needing' etc. led me to want, seek and engage in 'outside' relationships, which resulted in temporary surceases of the feeling, only to reexperience it (in spades!) when and as 'limitations' in said relationships became apparent and /or they completely 'failed'.

Rather than seeking (as your OP suggests you are doing) to more specifically identify the prior-memory associated 'sources' of said pining/longing which, I would suggest, will only serve to keep you 'caught up' in (at best) here-today-gone-tomorrow satisfaction loops, you might consider really 'going for the gold' by praying for and focusing on developing/experiencing an 'inner' connection with and consequent feeling of being 'whole' in relation to the SPIRIT of 'Life' ITSELF (and so no longer 'miss' and 'need' anything or anyone 'else' to fully be and experience being 'in' a state of 'love' and 'belonging', this having become your 'normal', i.e. 'base', state in consequence).

For that to happen, you would of course have to first believe that such a state of being is possible for you to experience, and then (as a next 'step' or series of 'steps', you would have to) persist in hopefully proceeding with faith that it will experientially eventuate as a result of your proceeding on an "Ask, and ye shall receive" basis.

I am finally, at 74!, at a point when I can say I 'succeeded' in getting my heart's 'desire' this way - 'pining' and 'longing' has 99.9% stopped, echoes thereof down to .01% at most I would say. I have no regrets relating the path I took to get 'here' since that is what it took to get 'me' 'here', albeit I recognize that I well might have gotten 'here' sooner if I hadn't spent so much time (unsuccessfullyl!) trying to get 'here' in other ways.
YES! I burst out laughing when I read this, because without realizing it, that's exactly what I've been looking for. Incidentally, that's what I am currently working on. Thank you for the insight!

...It does seem bittersweet, though.

Last edited by thebeautifulsacred : 15-11-2016 at 01:20 AM.
Old 19-11-2016, 08:51 AM
Guide

My first experience of love was a very long vision of a past life lover. I fought for days through various task and obstacles in order to see her in this vision. When I finally got to her I held her hands and looked her deep in the eyes and said our good byes. She decided to die with her people and not escape with me. Tears flood my eyes instantly when I think of her.... Seriously I am crying now. I was an ascended master in that life and after that incident I committed suicide in that life and kinda gradually fell from my ascension and had to go through the karmic cycle. With me I feel that my spark of god has to do with love and creation and so in each life time I find myself doing something in this regards. :)
Old 19-11-2016, 03:09 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebeautifulsacred
...It does seem bittersweet, though.
Afterthoughts on revisiting what you said here, beautiful one.

The thing about what I spoke about is at then you are always 'in' love (with the 'Spirit' of Life Itself. which is ever-Present and ever-joy-dancing), and therefore, assuming one really manages to tap into that experiential river-flow, one never 'pines' or 'longs' for anyone or anything or feels 'abandoned', 'separate', disconnected', etc. no matter what one's Life-situation.

One can/may still have specifically focused, personal love-relationships, just that then one is in no way 'dependent' ('addicted'?) in the sense of feeling 'incomplete' without 'needing' said specific other to be present, attentive, responsive, etc. in particular ways or at particular frequencies to get one's 'fix'.

The bittersweet feeling you speak may just be a sentimental 'thought-feeling' associated with the sweetness of the reality-dream (of connection, etc.) which one hasn't yet become fully ensconced in. The poetry of mystics, such as Rumi and Hafiz, suggests that it can become quite a passionate 'romance' at least in the case of souls who have the capacity to totally give themselves to It.

Passionately 'pledge' yourself to the Spirit of Life (however you conceive of It) saying "Take me (please!) in whatever way you wish, I'm yours!" and see what happens, beautiful one. My sense (based on the thoughtfullness of your sweetness or is it the sweetnes of your thoughtfullness) is that you will be ravished and loved and then yourself ecstatically love beyond the measure of anything you have imagined before.

Old 19-11-2016, 03:48 PM
Master
P.S. to beautiful one: Don't be naive, however. There are many who, some quite unknowing of what they do, will 'gadly' take advantage of your givingness. Always be sure to keep your givingness being on your terms, because you love Life (not someone else's need for 'more') knowing that your life expression and experience is a valid/valuable part of Its.
Old 27-11-2016, 11:33 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyGodWarrior
My first experience of love was a very long vision of a past life lover. I fought for days through various task and obstacles in order to see her in this vision. When I finally got to her I held her hands and looked her deep in the eyes and said our good byes. She decided to die with her people and not escape with me. Tears flood my eyes instantly when I think of her.... Seriously I am crying now. I was an ascended master in that life and after that incident I committed suicide in that life and kinda gradually fell from my ascension and had to go through the karmic cycle. With me I feel that my spark of god has to do with love and creation and so in each life time I find myself doing something in this regards. :)
Wow... What a story.
Old 27-11-2016, 11:47 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Afterthoughts on revisiting what you said here, beautiful one.

The thing about what I spoke about is at then you are always 'in' love (with the 'Spirit' of Life Itself. which is ever-Present and ever-joy-dancing), and therefore, assuming one really manages to tap into that experiential river-flow, one never 'pines' or 'longs' for anyone or anything or feels 'abandoned', 'separate', disconnected', etc. no matter what one's Life-situation.

One can/may still have specifically focused, personal love-relationships, just that then one is in no way 'dependent' ('addicted'?) in the sense of feeling 'incomplete' without 'needing' said specific other to be present, attentive, responsive, etc. in particular ways or at particular frequencies to get one's 'fix'.

The bittersweet feeling you speak may just be a sentimental 'thought-feeling' associated with the sweetness of the reality-dream (of connection, etc.) which one hasn't yet become fully ensconced in. The poetry of mystics, such as Rumi and Hafiz, suggests that it can become quite a passionate 'romance' at least in the case of souls who have the capacity to totally give themselves to It.

Passionately 'pledge' yourself to the Spirit of Life (however you conceive of It) saying "Take me (please!) in whatever way you wish, I'm yours!" and see what happens, beautiful one. My sense (based on the thoughtfullness of your sweetness or is it the sweetnes of your thoughtfullness) is that you will be ravished and loved and then yourself ecstatically love beyond the measure of anything you have imagined before.

Ah. That's a wonderful thought.
Old 27-11-2016, 11:51 PM
Master

Yes. Can't talk about it, it's personal.
Old 27-11-2016, 11:51 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
P.S. to beautiful one: Don't be naive, however. There are many who, some quite unknowing of what they do, will 'gadly' take advantage of your givingness. Always be sure to keep your givingness being on your terms, because you love Life (not someone else's need for 'more') knowing that your life expression and experience is a valid/valuable part of Its.
I've been learning exactly that! Thank you for the wise advice. That's a good way to look at it.