Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Past Lives & Reincarnation

Old 02-01-2017, 06:37 PM
Suspended
Guide

Could be ...
My understanding is an old soul is filled w/knowledge & wisdom ...
At the same time, I've read some old souls are just old from continually not learning anything &/or one particular lesson that occurs differently in every life time ...
Old 02-01-2017, 09:59 PM
Master

I might suggest to all of you who think you are old souls to read Ainslie MacLeod's book The Instruction. It defines the different ages and traits of the soul. From young soul to old soul. You will find yourself in there somewhere.

Not only did it define me as an old soul, it also gave me a deep love and understanding for the young souls out there in the world. I used to call them sheeple but now I have a profound respect for where they are (I was there once too!). Now when I see someone immersed in life and happy doing what they do, I almost want to cry I am so happy for them!

I am separated from my family and spend almost zero time away from them. And, I have food allergies that are so severe I cannot attend any function that has food. This is all because I am an old soul and this time in my life I am separating away from society as a whole because this is my last incarnation.

I'd have to respectfully disagree with Westin when he says old souls know they are old from when they are small children. I think you can't set up a bunch of perimeters and say everyone fits in or out of them. I didn't know I was an old soul until I was in my 40's at the least, and I wasn't sure back then, only speculating.

But again I want to recommend Ainslie MacLeod's book The Instruction. It changed me in such profound ways.
Old 03-01-2017, 01:55 AM
Guide

Just ordered the instruction on Linen's advice, only £1 second hand on amazon!

Im not sure what my beliefs are on the old soul concept, i have always felt older than my years for sure, I'm really nosey though and in a mad learning mood at the moment.

Thanks Linen
Old 03-01-2017, 05:35 AM
Knower

I think I might get the book Linen suggested, too.

As for the old soul question, my mom said that I'm one. That's what she felt the first time she held me. I agree with her. I just feel that I've been on this planet for such a long time that it's all transparent to me.
Old 03-01-2017, 06:25 PM
Master

Awesome! I'm excited for you Snow Goose and rosiegirl. I happened upon the book in a thrift store.

I may be an old soul Snow Goose, but I'm still human. A bad temper, impatient on some things, a control freak to name just a few of my negative traits.
Old 05-01-2017, 01:01 AM
Seeker
Some great resources to find out more on Soul Ages and being an 'Old Soul' are the channeled material from The Michael Teachings, past life/life between life regression work of Michael Newton and the research from Aletheia Luna. There's also a great website called "Personality and Spirituality" worth checking out. Its one of my favorite metaphysical subjects
Old 05-01-2017, 06:37 PM
Master

Thank you mdeking! I am already researching your suggestions!
Old 06-01-2017, 02:07 PM
Seeker
Linen - No problem, I have plenty of resources on reincarnation and soul evolution, once I become a full member on this site I will share my website.
Old 20-01-2017, 03:48 PM
Newbie ;)

It's possible. But unlikely.
Old 23-01-2017, 11:11 PM
Seeker
Quote:
Originally Posted by linen53
Thank you mdeking! I am already researching your suggestions!

Hey did you find anything useful?
* My Website covers Spirituality, Metaphysics, Paranormal, Supernatural and Extraterrestrial Topics. I've written over 2 dozen articles and linked thousands of references. Feel free to discuss whatever topic you wish:

https://eternalcircleblog.wordpress.com/

"Understanding True Spirituality and the Metaphysical Realm".