Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Non Duality

Old 02-10-2016, 03:34 PM
Experiencer

Duality is a forming concept after birth. What was initially a transparant stimulus moving through the infant, eventually becomes a someone there now having experiences in separation. Attachment to this process is enivitable as it is a physical necessity in this reality. With the conditioning which follows, fundamental ignorance is firmly set in place. From this, one may begin to become more awake but usually the play of "hide and seek" (between mind and no mind) perpetuates and the former identity takes on another label, this time spiritual. And now this spiritual seeker is "on the path", for the most part, governed by the same conditioning which keeps it unconscious. Perhaps, a final shift happens, totally spontaneous.. and liberation is there. This source, pure consciousness ...or whatever you want to label it, is asleep, awakening and liberated...all at once. And all you truly are is in this moment.

Non duality is usually something only percieved and understood by its counter-part, duality. Thats not it. It has nothing to do with what you can think, believe or reason it to be. You cant find it in books or in steps or stages to enligtenment because Its knowing is not a concept. So conceptualizing it is mute. Thinking about what is beyond these extremes is mute. You, or the identity you believe yourself to be becomes a futile process once liberated.
Old 02-10-2016, 03:41 PM
Experiencer

Old 03-10-2016, 06:34 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1wakesup
Duality is a forming concept after birth. What was initially a transparant stimulus moving through the infant, eventually becomes a someone there now having experiences in separation. Attachment to this process is enivitable as it is a physical necessity in this reality. With the conditioning which follows, fundamental ignorance is firmly set in place. From this, one may begin to become more awake but usually the play of "hide and seek" (between mind and no mind) perpetuates and the former identity takes on another label, this time spiritual. And now this spiritual seeker is "on the path", for the most part, governed by the same conditioning which keeps it unconscious. Perhaps, a final shift happens, totally spontaneous.. and liberation is there. This source, pure consciousness ...or whatever you want to label it, is asleep, awakening and liberated...all at once. And all you truly are is in this moment.

Non duality is usually something only percieved and understood by its counter-part, duality. Thats not it. It has nothing to do with what you can think, believe or reason it to be. You cant find it in books or in steps or stages to enligtenment because Its knowing is not a concept. So conceptualizing it is mute. Thinking about what is beyond these extremes is mute. You, or the identity you believe yourself to be becomes a futile process once liberated.
I like very much what you have shared here, and it seems you may be speaking from experience or at least insight. In my out-of-body experiences this human life is perceived as a faint dream; like it never really happened. I agree that duality is a "forming concept which happens after birth," as you have stated.

When we are in our natural translucent state things pass through us and we do not necessarily hang on to and grasp labels and distinctions of what is around us. I have definite experience of seeing radiant light within all things; experiences like this I've found after doing a lot of quiet meditation. When the mind and all of its chatter is not present we can view things as one and there is no this and that. When we silently dwell in the eternal moment all there is, is this everlasting moment in quiet stillness with a kaleidoscopic motion seemingly taking place therein.

For me it is not one thing or the other as I view it as one with various facets. We are born with our eyes wide open and from there the potential/urge is strong to get caught up in the drama. But as you have stated, would we even know non-duality if not for duality, and this also begs the question, how differently would we know the one if we had never experienced the seemingly many? Thank you for sharing.
Old 06-10-2016, 01:52 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starman
I like very much what you have shared here, and it seems you may be speaking from experience or at least insight. In my out-of-body experiences this human life is perceived as a faint dream; like it never really happened. I agree that duality is a "forming concept which happens after birth," as you have stated.

When we are in our natural translucent state things pass through us and we do not necessarily hang on to and grasp labels and distinctions of what is around us. I have definite experience of seeing radiant light within all things; experiences like this I've found after doing a lot of quiet meditation. When the mind and all of its chatter is not present we can view things as one and there is no this and that. When we silently dwell in the eternal moment all there is, is this everlasting moment in quiet stillness with a kaleidoscopic motion seemingly taking place therein.

For me it is not one thing or the other as I view it as one with various facets. We are born with our eyes wide open and from there the potential/urge is strong to get caught up in the drama. But as you have stated, would we even know non-duality if not for duality, and this also begs the question, how differently would we know the one if we had never experienced the seemingly many? Thank you for sharing.

Well said and thanks.

That which experiences the many from an identification in form cannot know
Its true transparant nature from the same mechanism that can only manufacture experience. We attempt to find the infinite from finite means and look for the nothingness from the comfortable safe haven of somethingness. There is no such thing as detatchment from that state, only replacement.

And so, the opposite of the many is not the one. In the mind its just another opposing idea or concept about it. So there is no opposite. The one is not even the "first" thing. It never began yet can appear to begin in separation as the material world unfolds. The mind, usually, cant see that because it is saturated with beginning and end. Its fundamental process revolves around targeting, grasping and coveting. Whether an infant does that with space, a child with time or in a fully mature egoic mind looking for its next "search for meaning" fix

What is percieved as linear time and relational form is an investment too great, be it conceptual, to simply set aside. So we are not here to negate separation but instead to see it* as play. The challenge, instead, is to reconcile an illusionary identification with a separate form. And by reconciling I mean to re identify. Not a recognition that could only further interpret and intellectualize ...but an awareness which can further endure and expand until it itself is realized as primary (aka..authentic natural state)
Old 11-10-2016, 08:54 PM
Knower

no1wakesup... well said!!! good read,,,starman is definitely a good dude :)

I have this image in my head when I think about creation ...the sense of I Am-ness

creation is a recipe that changes....the first recipe has one ingredient in it...singular consciousness
with the advent of a body....the recipe changes...singular consciousness & body consciousness or maya....which creates duality...or the illusion of separate-ness
The universal I...and the personal I..( the personal I is a doupleganger )

love
acorn

that probably doesn't help ...but thats how works
Old 11-10-2016, 08:55 PM
Knower

thats how it works for me I meant to say
Old 03-10-2020, 07:32 PM
Newbie ;)
Master
Book1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
I prefer the term 'distinction'.

All polyhedra --ergo 3D--- have a dual. The tetra{4}hedron is the only polyhedron that is its own dual.

The dual of the cube is the octahedron.

The dual of the icosa{20]hedron is the penta{5}gonal do{2}deca{10{hedron.

Finite, occupied Space Uni-V-erse has dual of the Metaphysical-2, macro-infinite non-occupied Space.

These latter two above, have the complementary dual of Metaphysical-1, mind/intellect/concept.

And with that, were now were back to the Cosmic Trinity Outline/List Ive laid out cleary for some years now.

"G" od or "U" niverse is the Cosmic Trinity Outline/List.

God or Universe or Uni-V-erse is the finite occupied Space.

1} Metaphysical-1

---conceptual line-of-demarcation--------

2} Metaphysical-2

3} Occupied Space

The Cosmic Trinity is eternally existent. Any other ideas are irrational, illogical and lack common sense that attempt to deter from the Cosmic Trinity, as Ive clearly laid out, are futile.

"My education has been of my biggest impediments to my learning"...A. Einstein

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool."...R Feynman
Old 22-10-2020, 05:36 AM
Master
Quote:
I view duality as a necessary requirement of creation; and there are many religions which embrace non-duality, Hinduism, Taoism, etc, but my view is more of a metaphysical point of view.

Any time we talk about the one and the many we are talking about duality; duality is the illusion of separateness. From an esoteric Kabalistic point of view duality is nothing more than reflection; light refracted giving the appearance of opposites.

The human mind is a slave to duality; as the essence of memory (past) and imagination (future) is to compare and contrast. Comparing and contrasting is a function of duality. It basically points out how “this” is similar, or different, from “that,” when in non-duality there is no this or that.

The “Trinity” is looked at in many religions as the Godhead or makeup of God; three in one concept. In Tarot, Numerology, etc. the number “3” is the number of creation, or creative imagination, as is depicted in the Empress Tarot Key, but the number-3 is also embraced by many religions as a symbol of creation.

Creation happens when two dissimilar things are bought together producing a third thing. Childbirth, man, woman, sperm, egg, etc. To paint a picture, or write a note, you bring together paint and canvas, or paper and pencil, which creates the picture or the note. You need at least two things that will produce a third thing.

In my opinion this is the essence of duality; manufacturing opposites that will give birth to creation. Kabbalah states that in the beginning was the word; that word was cosmic “sound,” which became light, and light refracted created duality, which according to Kabalistic thought, gave birth to this creation.
I understand that duality is neccassary in the physical realms such as our own. But it has no place in our true spiritual form because in our true form we just are, different rules apply in the spiritual realms.

Ha ezek lennének az utolsó szavaim, minden jót kívánok az élet során. Ahogy mindent megtettem, hogy figyelmeztesselek. Béke és szeretet mindig - HA

Yes, I spell my alias incorrectly on purpose. To prove I am not perfect. Yet.
Old 17-11-2020, 06:59 AM
Deactivated Account

Sorry star man but this thread is just filled with word salad and speculation, there is a possibility/method to shift to a permanent non dual state of being so I don't know what it is that you are trying to say here.
Old 03-12-2020, 01:31 PM
Seeker

Duality comes from Oneness and integration of duality takes to Oneness

Quote:
I view duality as a necessary requirement of creation; and there are many religions which embrace non-duality, Hinduism, Taoism, etc, but my view is more of a metaphysical point of view.

Any time we talk about the one and the many we are talking about duality; duality is the illusion of separateness. From an esoteric Kabalistic point of view duality is nothing more than reflection; light refracted giving the appearance of opposites.

The human mind is a slave to duality; as the essence of memory (past) and imagination (future) is to compare and contrast. Comparing and contrasting is a function of duality. It basically points out how “this” is similar, or different, from “that,” when in non-duality there is no this or that.

The “Trinity” is looked at in many religions as the Godhead or makeup of God; three in one concept. In Tarot, Numerology, etc. the number “3” is the number of creation, or creative imagination, as is depicted in the Empress Tarot Key, but the number-3 is also embraced by many religions as a symbol of creation.

Creation happens when two dissimilar things are bought together producing a third thing. Childbirth, man, woman, sperm, egg, etc. To paint a picture, or write a note, you bring together paint and canvas, or paper and pencil, which creates the picture or the note. You need at least two things that will produce a third thing.

In my opinion this is the essence of duality; manufacturing opposites that will give birth to creation. Kabbalah states that in the beginning was the word; that word was cosmic “sound,” which became light, and light refracted created duality, which according to Kabalistic thought, gave birth to this creation.

I think, when we discuss any aspect of consciousness we are greatly hindered by limitations of language, that said, I think you've summed up some things quite succinctly here

The Yin/Yang symbol shows us the duality of Oneness.