Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 05-12-2016, 05:53 PM
Master
Time slows down = precursor or perhaps partially leaving the body?

So I think we have all experienced this. Something bad like a car accident happens and some how time seems to slow WAY down.

I never put two and two together till last night when I was really relatively calm when it happened.
The trigger was cognitive dissonance and my reality was being questioned which seems to be my biggest trigger to leave my body. It happened once before but I got much farther before coming back because I was upset so it took longer to "recollect" myself.

It felt exactly like when time slows during trama but I had the calm/ish ability to notice the snap/break noise and suddenly I was viewing my facial features from higher up and behind my head,.... Hard to explain but I remember my cheek bones and my nose seemed farther away.

It didn't last long so I didn't get far from my body, I realized I should just leave the place so it ended quick.

I remember reading I think in L.O.O. that the soul sometimes leaves the body during extreme trama, and if time is only of this illusion it would make sense our perception of time would change when we separate from the material.

Maybe most of the time we don't get to the "crack/snap/separate stage" and actually leave our body but perhaps the time difference feeling is a precursor to the out of body experience.

Thoughts? Other than "you crazy" :)
Old 28-12-2016, 08:46 PM
Knower
In my experience (speaking generally) time can slow down if you have the willpower to make it so, for example I could watch someone walking and sort of "imagine" them to walk slowly, I think it might be something to do with slowing your thought processes down which gives you the illusion that time is slowing down, maybe.

Speaking astrally, and taking that part of my post into account, it would make sense that time would slow down in the beginning stages of astral projecting, but I don't have the experience to share a personal story!
Old 28-12-2016, 08:57 PM
Knower

I think there's merit in exploring the idea. How do you think the state of being might be provoked?
Old 30-12-2016, 02:13 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armadodecadron
I think there's merit in exploring the idea. How do you think the state of being might be provoked?
I was hopeful. One of you guys would have ideas.

I just bought an absolutely gigantic book on astral projection because I can't find anything about just willing yourself out while fully awake. There is always some mention of your body falling asleep. Maybe there is something in that book.

Otherwise i wonder if I couldn't just focus with my eyes open on really denying group conscious reality and see if I can pop out again. Both times my eyes were open and I guess when the big things happen(trama) and times slows down you are really trying to deny the reality that is taking place.

My only hold back has been wondering if I get to good at dropping this bond with this reality will I eventually not be able to function here because it won't feel "real". I still like have a few things to do here. :)
Old 30-12-2016, 05:12 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGlow
I just bought an absolutely gigantic book on astral projection because I can't find anything about just willing yourself out while fully awake. There is always some mention of your body falling asleep. Maybe there is something in that book.

Otherwise i wonder if I couldn't just focus with my eyes open on really denying group conscious reality and see if I can pop out again. Both times my eyes were open and I guess when the big things happen(trama) and times slows down you are really trying to deny the reality that is taking place.

My only hold back has been wondering if I get to good at dropping this bond with this reality will I eventually not be able to function here because it won't feel "real". I still like have a few things to do here. :)
I don't think it is possible (or at the very least, not easy) to AP when "fully" awake, from what I gather you have to feel drowsy which fits into the common assumption that it is easier to AP when you wake up in the morning than at night which you risk falling asleep. As for keeping your eyes open, I have not come across guides saying that but I would imagine it would be more difficult to AP with them open than shut unless you are very experienced in AP :P

It's very unlikely to become unable to function with reality after becoming very experienced with Astral I'd say.
Old 30-12-2016, 02:13 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armadodecadron
I was hopeful. One of you guys would have ideas.

Old 29-12-2016, 08:41 PM
Master

Yes it does slow down so you can face your life. You are very conscious.
Old 30-12-2016, 06:40 PM
Master
I guess that my issue.
I'm not sure it's astral projection I've done when awake eyes open and upright.
It seemed I was just leaving my body, like a near death out of body experience only my own risk of death was that I let go of the body to leave.

It was absolutely incredible though and I'd like to explore in this way.
I'm just not sure how to do it, and if in fact the way out is to drop my grip on my egos perception of reality then that's where I wonder if it will gradually make it harder to hold that reality I've learned is only partial/illusion.

I guess this is why I'm not finding much guidance on the issue.
It not really astral projection more quasi-near death.

Thank you for your insight it furthers my own.
Old 31-12-2016, 10:53 AM
Knower
It wouldn't have been an NDE, unless you are currently suffering from a life threatening illness of some sort. AP has no risk at all of death and during the AP there is a silver cord connecting you to your body (although not all can see a physical cord) which means you can always come back to your body and the physical world after your AP. The cord only severs at the point of physical death in said world.