Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Past Lives & Reincarnation

Old 14-01-2017, 09:46 PM
Master
The 'challenge' resulting from losing a 'strong' 'connection'

Hello Really -

I thought this merited a separate thread since it doesn't really belong with a discussion of what happens to souls that have committed evil acts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Really!
Davidsun, hopefully, you canclarify this ...
The account by a subject who was angry at his guides for incarnationing him w/the same attributes he had in his previous life that caused him to indulge in drugs (?) or suicide (?) again ...
I don't recall which issue it was or if it was both ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsun
Hi, Really.
What is the context of "The account by a subject who was angry at his guides for incarnationing him w/the same attributes he had in his previous life that caused him to indulge in drugs (?) or suicide (?) again ..."?
From what I have gleaned from Michael Newton's case histories as well as from other sources like Jane Roberts' Seth character, guides just serve as 'guides', souls pretty much make their own choices, including the situational settings and attributes of the body-personalities they (next) incarnate into - they choose or 'select' one out of a series/range of 'scene' options they are pre-cognitively 'shown'. Without knowing more facts regarding the 'instance' that you cite, my guess is that the personality involved was just feeling frustrated and angry and projecting responsibility for the difficulties he was experiencing onto scapegoat 'targets' instead of availing himself of whatever 'guides' and 'guidings' he may have access to and creatively dealing with his 'problems' himself - which (not assuming and exercising personal responsibility) soul-inclination/tendency may well be what 'led' him to resort to drugs and/or suicide in 'escapist' fashion the first place.
Quote:
Hi Davidsun,
Thanks for responding ...
The info came from a Michael Newton book, I can't remember which one, but I thought it was the following chapter to the one you posted ...
I've been searching for my Newton books, but I have so many books strewn throughout the house it's impossible ... Arrrrgh!
It may not be what you were referencing, but it is what I ran across in the run up to the transcript of Case 29 in the following chapter:

" . . . 1860 . . . Amy drowned herself in the local pond because she was two months pregnant and unmarried. Her lover, Thomas, had been killed the week before in a fall off attached to roof he was repairing. I learned the two were deeply in love and intended to marry. Amy told me during her past life review that she thought when Thomas was killed her life was over. . . . When Amy crossed over after killing herself, her guide, Likiko, and the soul of Thomas were there to comfort her for a while. Soon she was alone with Likiko in a beautiful garden setting. Any sensed the disappointment in Likiko's manner and she expected to be scolded for her lack of courage. Angrily, she asked her guide why the life didn't go as planned in the beginning. She had not seen the possibility of suicide before her incarnation. Amy thought she was supposed to marry Thomas, have children and live happily in her village to old age. Someone, she felt, had pulled the rug out from under her. Likiko explained that Thomas' death was one of the alternatives in this life cycle and that she had the freedom to make better choices than killing herself.

Amy learned that for Thomas, his choice to go up on a high, steep and dangerously slippery roof was a probable one—more probable because his soul mind had already considered this "accident" as a test for her. Later, I was to learn Thomas came very close to not accepting the roof job because of "internal forces pulling him the other way." Apparently, everyone in this old group saw that Amy's capacity for survival was greater than she gave herself credit for, although she had shown tenuous behavior in her earlier lives.

Once on the other side, Amy thought the whole exercise was cruel and unnecessary. . . .
"

Quote:
I gave up that way of thinking (i.e. "The victim becoming the victimizer and vice versa thing never sat right with me. The every time you are taking advantage of you raise higher theory never made much sense. Surely learning from the experience is the ultimate goal. You learn, you move forward.") after my husband was killed by a road rage driver on his way home from work late one evening ...
The thought of learning lessons caused more anger than necessary as well as resentment for which I have never felt to the core of my being ...
I beat myself up constantly from thinking I was responsible for his death for the purpose of growth (?) - we learned to suffer in unimaginable ways ...
I constantly thought about karma wanting revenge, then it enraged me more knowing I would never see justice after he seriously injured 2 men a few years later ...
The first year after my husband's death was the hardest ...
Everyday, I was on my hands & knees 2-3xs screaming, vomiting, begging for God to take away my anger & resentment at the man who killed my husband ...
The following years, I did it less per week ...
I'd always been a non-hater, all I learned was I could go insane for years including my kids ...
My 2 youngest each attempted suicide, they still have difficulties 9 1/2 yrs later ...
When faced w/the reality of death or serious injury or victimization, your beliefs can get tested to the point of wishing & praying for death ...
Believe me, no one is going to get brownie points for telling a grieving family they get to learn lessons from their loved one's death or someone who is seriously injured or actively dying or a victim ...
Best response for that is, W-T-F!!! ...
JMHO ...

In response to all of the above, I just wan't to say that I think that 'issues' associated 'learning from experience' may be underappreciated because the idea of 'learning' is often thought of as simply being an 'intellectual' ("Oh, now I understand it!" kind of) process. The fact, IMO, is that the kind of 'learning' that occurs (or doesn't ) in the course of experiential life-'lessons' is more like 'learning' to become more courageous, stronger, more resourceful, more resilient, more trusting, hopeful, loving, joyful, etc., etc., etc. In other words, instead of simply 'learning', it may be more appropriate to think about 'discovering' and 'developing' - as in spiritually developing - capacities which are inherent/potential, but presently dormant (because as yet undeveloped), in one's soul. This cannot happen unless a soul experiences the 'challenges' of abandonment and adversity, IMO, the more 'ruthless' the 'abandonment' and the more 'adverse' the 'adversity', the greater the potential for developmental 'growth' (assuming said 'challenges' are met and overcome, that is). Which is why many 'take on' and ultimately benefit from 'taking on' hard sports, for instance.

Of course, taking on 'too much' at once can result in 'drastic' failures and so be counterproductive. One hopes that there is some kind of wisdom contained in sayings such as "God never gives one more than one can emotionally handle" therefor. Whatever the actual case, in view of earthly life being so incredibly 'challenging' in so many ways, it seems to me that adopting the attitude that (one's, anyone's!) 'spirit' has the capacity to 'handle' whatever it encounters in such a way as to 'come out' 'just fine' is better than not doing so. Hence the appeal of Psalm 23: "The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want. He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters. He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake. Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over. Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever." for example.

I use the above sayings for illustrauve purposes even tho I personally don't believe in a traditional God-figure, mind you.
Old 16-01-2017, 03:34 PM
Suspended
Guide

Dear Davidsun,

I appreciate your interest in addressing my issues w/karmic lessons...
I do understand all of what you have written, however, my 8 long years of deep suffering & insanity is/was not worth the price my kids & I paid for any new knowledge or the belief in karma ...
I was well on my way to learning it when my nephew was murdered 10 months prior to my late husband's murder ...
Eight months prior to Bob's death, our very good friend's 21yr old daughter died, 6wks after Bob's death his best friend commit suicide, a month after him my cousin's husband commit suicide, 2 months later our friend's brother died ...

My kids were young when Bob was killed, they will have a second round of grief/loss from an adult perspective sometime during maturation ...
I keep careful watch on them & listen to every word they say, in the hope, that I will be able to detect it again due to both being hospitalized when they were younger from attempting suicide ...
It's a controlled fear b/c I know what to look for ...

During grief, one's religious/spiritual beliefs are challenged & reviewed from every angle -mind, body & soul ...
I became closer to God through hard work ...
I came to the realization it's okay to let go of beliefs that cause more harm than good; it's my reality ...

Blessings ...
Old 16-01-2017, 11:07 PM
Master
Quote:
Dear Davidsun,

I appreciate your interest in addressing my issues w/karmic lessons...
I do understand all of what you have written, however, my 8 long years of deep suffering & insanity is/was not worth the price my kids & I paid for any new knowledge or the belief in karma ...
I was well on my way to learning it when my nephew was murdered 10 months prior to my late husband's murder ...
Eight months prior to Bob's death, our very good friend's 21yr old daughter died, 6wks after Bob's death his best friend commit suicide, a month after him my cousin's husband commit suicide, 2 months later our friend's brother died ...

My kids were young when Bob was killed, they will have a second round of grief/loss from an adult perspective sometime during maturation ...
I keep careful watch on them & listen to every word they say, in the hope, that I will be able to detect it again due to both being hospitalized when they were younger from attempting suicide ...
It's a controlled fear b/c I know what to look for ...

During grief, one's religious/spiritual beliefs are challenged & reviewed from every angle -mind, body & soul ...
I became closer to God through hard work ...
I came to the realization it's okay to let go of beliefs that cause more harm than good; it's my reality ...

Blessings ...
Wow, Really ... all I can say is congrats on what you have managed to come through and continue to aim to make the best of. As I said, I think souls undertaking 'challenges' makes more sense (to me) as a description of such a 'course' of experience than seeking to learn 'lessons' karmic or otherwise.

I'm guessing (really just hoping because I have no basis for surety in this regard) that your kids are up to a similar level of 'challenge'; even if not, I know that you will do your best to throw them a rope and/or give them a 'leg up' (so to speak) if, when and as they experience further inundational 'crises'.

This may come across as a totally inadequate attempt at being supportively encouraging, but its what comes to mind as the best I can possibly say to someone in your position:

“You never know how strong you are until being strong is your only choice.” ― Bob Marley
Old 19-01-2017, 01:59 PM
Master
In further response to what you shared, Really, in the spirit of "there's always being two sides to a story," ...

to my having quote-shared “You never know how strong you are until being strong is your only choice,” (Bob Marley) ...

because 'ego' is so prone to becoming delusional in ways that suit 'itself', for whatever stimulus-value it may have for any reader, I wish to add ...

"There was given to me a thorn in the flesh, the messenger of Satan to buffet me, lest I should be exalted above measure. For this thing I besought the Lord thrice, that it might depart from me. And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness." (as written by The Apostle, Paul in II Corinthians, 12)