Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 08-01-2012, 04:51 AM
Ravenheart

When we dream we are out of body anyway, so we are always OBE every night. I suppose the true term of having or recalling an OBE from a dream though is the conscious understanding that what you are experiencing is beyond just a dream, and if you experience this whilst you are there. AKA a lucid dream, which is becoming aware of yourself -your energy self- during the dream state :)

There are many good methods of achieving a physical OBE aswell though which is a very amazing thing as that leaves no doubt in the existence of a soul or spirit. It takes a long time to achieve (at least in my experience!) but the rewards are beautiful as you are filled with the undying realisation that you are more than just a physical body.
One thing I would say is to read Robert Monroes books as they are a beautiful insight into his own out of body experiences

There are many methods on this site if you do wish to experience it yourself, just ask if you want some links and I will try and find them for you :)
Old 08-01-2012, 07:55 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawn1976
And when I woke up, I was banging my head into the wall.

I've heard of this...but you did it! JK. It's a perfect metaphor.

Isle
Old 11-01-2012, 08:46 PM
Pathfinder
i have lots of dreams that im flying, and the fact that im aware of im dreaming i love the way i can control it.

however i had a nasty dream (or was it more?) i was with a bunch of friends and there was this black mist creature that was attacking us and i remember in my dream i remember saying to my friends "dont worry its a dream it will come to an end soon" and this black mist grabbed my leg and dragged me up a wall, it was soooo frightening, (I was laid in bed on my stomach at the time) and this black mist dropped me from the ceiling and then next minute he came at me from behind as if he was going into my body and my whole body sunk into the bed and i really jolted, i woke up scared to death and went to the bathroom, that dream stayed with me for the rest of the day and really upset me. not sure if it was more than a dream or not, and to be honest the more i read on the forums i dont think i have actually had an Ap. i can change the directions of my dream, or go to the bathroom and return to bed and get back straight into the same dream i interrupted which is pretty good !
Old 11-01-2012, 09:29 PM
Master
I have had very similar dreams as you describe Keiko, both the good and the bad. I too constantly lucid dream and the first thing I do when I realize I am dreaming is blast off from the ground straight up into the air and fly. Sometimes I actually realize I am dreaming and turn it lucid by the fact I am freely flying around. It is now subconscious to me to fly so it pretty much happens almost every time I dream now (Every time I remember my dreams that is).

On the other side of the spectrum I have also had dreams where I was being thrown around, dragged, pushed, and grabbed by an entity. I am dealing with entities on a regular basis lately both in the physical, the astral, and my dreams.

Two nights ago I had a dream that I couldn't stand up something was pushing me over and I was stumbling over knocking over tons of trash cans, it was like I couldn't get my balance. Pretty sure that was this entity yet again messing with me. I have been dragged up a wall and thrown across the room in my dreams as well.

I no longer allow myself to get scared though, sometimes I can't fight the fear but typically I just go with the flow now. The last time I was being thrown around I was laughing and screaming "Weeeeeeee". After the fear goes away it's actually kind of fun being thrown around in a dream. You can't hurt yourself and it's kind like riding a roller coaster or skiing or sledding.
Old 11-01-2012, 10:18 PM
Pathfinder
yes i love the control of the flying ones, although its a luxury when i get those dreams they dont happen as often as you, but ive been able to do that for years now. also like yourself ive had a few dreams where ive been fighting a ghost/entity and im not as advanced as you cause i aint going Weeeeee ha ha ha ha they still scare me abit

havent a clue what type of dreams they are though - my mum always used to say i was warped cause i have the weirdest dreams going, my dad used to aswell, whereas my mum and my siblings never seem to dream or if they do they can never recall them.

am i right in thinking lucid dreaming is where you are "Aware" its a dream as im always aware of my dreams and am often saying to myself wake yourself up girl its not real, but for strange reasons i often continue with it. I love it though when im having a wonderful dream, wake up to go the loo, then go straight back to sleep and get into the same dream.

why do we fight spirits in dreams, i just dont understand it, or is that travelling to a different realm? it really confuses me :-)
Old 12-01-2012, 03:48 PM
Guide
Yes I have had quite a few dreams where I am fighting an entity too!

I had a dream once where God spoke to me, and a bolt of lightning came from heaven and electrified me thru my body, felt amazing. I suddenly woke up, and the space heater I had on was malfunctioning (it was brand new too!). I touched it and the digital read out starting going crazy! It wouldn't turn off so I had to unplug it.

Another time I went to bed early and my husband was still up. I jolted in my dream and woke myself up gasping at the same time. At that exact moment every light in the house flickered. It's like I was connected to everything around me. My husband told me that when I gasped the lights flickered, so that's how I know about it lol.

I was always a dreamer, even more so in that last 10 years than ever. Graphic, detailed, crazy!
Old 12-01-2012, 08:27 PM
Pathfinder
oh my goodness dawn thats a fair bit of action youve experienced ha ha.

i have had the dream of been knelt down and from the sky came down a massive beam of golden light & it went straight through my chest all i can say was it was the most beautiful exilerating feeling ive ever had, ive asked for it since but its never happened. sounds like your bolt of lightening, it was pretty amazing wasnt it :-)
Old 12-01-2012, 09:17 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keiko
why do we fight spirits in dreams, i just dont understand it, or is that travelling to a different realm? it really confuses me :-)

My own personal opinion is that we are being made to face our own fears (in the form of whatever adversary our dreams conjure). To me it is all about fear and conquering it. It is everywhere in many little thoughts--from cancer-causing food additives to fear of invasion by other countries--everywhere. It is a big challenge to even recognize all the places fear hides, much less deal with it. I think our dreams help point out where it is so we can deal with it.

IMHO

IsleWalker - Lora
Old 12-01-2012, 09:35 PM
Pathfinder
Quote:
Originally Posted by IsleWalker
My own personal opinion is that we are being made to face our own fears (in the form of whatever adversary our dreams conjure). To me it is all about fear and conquering it. It is everywhere in many little thoughts--from cancer-causing food additives to fear of invasion by other countries--everywhere. It is a big challenge to even recognize all the places fear hides, much less deal with it. I think our dreams help point out where it is so we can deal with it.

IMHO

IsleWalker - Lora

Hiya - that makes sense & i have thought that myself, so basically im still just dreaming then, thats actually a relief. i would love to AP and travel back in time to see ancestors and places, but im scared to death of trying it incase i cant get back to my physcial body or someone gets there first, well im scared of all the dangers of it really. :-(
Old 12-01-2012, 10:39 PM
Master
We fight spirits in our dreams because at least sometimes when we dream our point of consciousness is no longer in our physical body, it is in our astral body. Some people believe every night we dream and go into our astral body, some believe only sometimes, and some believe an astral body doesn't exist. So for now I will just say sometimes, but I may not be right.

Anyways though when we are in our astral body I believe it is much easier for spirits to mingle with us, both positive and negative ways. That is why it happens in Astral Projection as well, our consciousness is no longer in our physical body. While in our astral body I am guessing we are much more on the same vibrational level with spirits than we are while we are inhabiting our flesh covered vessels we call our bodies. That is my belief.