Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Past Lives & Reincarnation

Old 22-04-2011, 02:00 AM
S.Daughter

Tired

This is my first ever step into this sort of forum. I've been playing around with with the idea of reaching out for awhile now, I believe i'm finally old enough to listen. So please excuse the naivety and sometimes wording.

I'm tired; I feel like i'm having a silent battle within. Me vs. Me and i'm splitting into two; to put it blatantly. I have "quirks" that i'm sure aren't from this version of me, or well that don't fit into this life. I feel as if my past is poisoning the present because those Quirks aren't nice. I see everything from all perspectives and think to much, I don't feel like I have my own opinion. I'm starting to feel like no-one, and everyone. I'm not quite sure what i'm asking; advice, understanding, maybe? I don't want stop it, I just want to know how to filter it, because after all; it is a part of me.

Maybe i'm even in the wrong place, but like most Humans I want to fit in somewhere and label it. I'm sorry if this makes no sense, it's kind of hard to pull a tennis ball out of a tornado.
Old 22-04-2011, 02:17 AM
Master
incorporate the "two" into a whole??
"Not Christian or Jew or Muslim, not Hindu, Buddhist, Sufi, or Zen. Not any religion or cultural system. I am not from the East or the West, not out of the ocean or up from the ground, not natural or ethereal, not composed of elements at all... I belong to the Beloved, have seen the two worlds as one and that one call to and know, first, last, outer, inner, only that breath breathing human being."
Rumi
Old 22-04-2011, 02:25 AM
S.Daughter

Try and make Black n white, Grey. That is a thought, I guess i'm overly caution as to what the final result would be. Maybe it's just a question of waiting some more? "Good things take time."
Old 22-04-2011, 02:27 AM
'Tennis ball out of a tornado' - great image.
I'd have to understand more to offer much.

Just an idea - could you ground yourself more by reading an inspiring book of your choice?
Something you could really sink your teeth into to take the focus off yourself and your quirks and splitting and thinking too much?

Not a novel - a self-help type book?

It's just a start. If you tell us your interests a bunch of us can recommend books.
Stab in the dark - inspiring words from teachers help me.
Miss Hepburn

I'm glad you came here.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 22-04-2011, 02:43 AM
S.Daughter

Books, books, books, oh wonderful things ^^ I read quite a bit. Thought they tend to be of the Fantasy variety. I'm waiting on the latest book from the library from one of my favourite authors. I think music tends to quell the thoughts more thoroughly and plateaus feelings. Though curling into a ball with a good book on a rainy day; can't beat that. I'm never able to finish a self-help book, I'd be willingly to give any a go however, i'm open to any suggestions and thoughts or topics.
Old 22-04-2011, 02:47 AM
Knower
Weird for a leo though don't know the whole birth report for ya ~ Virgos/Gemini's are the ones mainly with this .. however most gemini's don't realize it :X ~

That being said, there is a few routes. Meditation is by far the best route to go and would overall help you in the end.

Doing stuff that you are attune to helps, For me its music and actually able to trance out and sort out my mind while listening to it... there is other types of music to that helps this specifically .. can search out store.unexplainable.net/

On the good note, you realize its there and keep control over it. if attune with crystals can use them as well to damping and keep out negative energy and thoughts.
Old 22-04-2011, 02:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by S.Daughter
Books, books, books, oh wonderful things ^^ I read quite a bit. Thought they tend to be of the Fantasy variety. I'm waiting on the latest book from the library from one of my favourite authors. I think music tends to quell the thoughts more thoroughly and plateaus feelings. Though curling into a ball with a good book on a rainy day; can't beat that. I'm never able to finish a self-help book, I'd be willingly to give any a go however, i'm open to any suggestions and thoughts or topics.
Sometimes a couple paragraphs from the right book can lift my spirits and get me thinking better thoughts - more in the direction I want.
I couldn't presume what to suggest .
There are spritual books, then the Wayne Dyer, Marianne Williamson, A Return To Love or Ekhardt Tolle types --- I was just thinking uplifting
words of truth and wisdom would be great.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 22-04-2011, 03:08 AM
Master
I've seen cartoon characters pull a tennis ball out of a tornado, well not a tennis ball but another cartoon character when ya see them fighting in a crazy tornado. I've always loved that image, lol.

Perhaps if you could give an example or two of the kinds of quirks that you are bothered by having could help others know which way to point.

Old 22-04-2011, 03:11 AM
S.Daughter

Quote:
There are spritual books, then the Wayne Dyer, Marianne Williamson, A Return To Love or Ekhardt Tolle types --- I was just thinking uplifting
words of truth and wisdom would be great.

I'll give them a look over and hopefully the library has a few. Thank you ^^

Quote:
Weird for a leo though don't know the whole birth report for ya ~ Virgos/Gemini's are the ones mainly with this .. however most gemini's don't realize it :X ~

That being said, there is a few routes. Meditation is by far the best route to go and would overall help you in the end.

Doing stuff that you are attune to helps, For me its music and actually able to trance out and sort out my mind while listening to it... there is other types of music to that helps this specifically .. can search out store.unexplainable.net/

On the good note, you realize its there and keep control over it. if attune with crystals can use them as well to damping and keep out negative energy and thoughts.

I believe I've been told I have a good mix of things, My Leo is still a Cub. It grows with me, I think its the rest of the mix that has been the strongest up till now.
Meditation, that word has sprung up so many times to me. I should seek it out and research a little more on the subject. Thank you.
I do have a small crystal box and they seem to come and go in my life, I just spent the last of my wages on one thats been waiting for me. ^^
Old 22-04-2011, 03:33 AM
S.Daughter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvergirl
I've seen cartoon characters pull a tennis ball out of a tornado, well not a tennis ball but another cartoon character when ya see them fighting in a crazy tornado. I've always loved that image, lol.

Perhaps if you could give an example or two of the kinds of quirks that you are bothered by having could help others know which way to point.

Oh! That is fantastic! I must see that. Cartoons are wonderful. The purely impossible are made "real."

Quirks, quirks and quirks. Anger. Anger is one that blocks me everywhere. Weather it be at myself or others, or people in general. It just doesn't fit. I've had a peaceful life, nice in fact, I've been blessed with my parents whom I adore, and love and vice versa. And, yet. Its there. I'm not outwardly angry or outspoken anger, never have been. And also anger towards anything sexual, and a general disgust for it. Though I have suffered no abuse of any kind. Another one is my age, I dislike being young. Anything about youth annoys me.

Though these things, might be able to be explained somehow and I understand that. And i'm not willingly to fully go into detail. But they just don't feel right. Right picture, wrong puzzle pieces.