Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astrology

Old 19-07-2017, 01:56 AM
Master
What are some Misconceptions about your Zodiac sign?

What misconceptions and stereotypes are associated with your astrological sign that you would like to clear the air about (at least in your case) it's not written in stone and applicable to you?
also, feel free to also clear up rumors about signs other than your own that you feel is just hogwash.
I'll start with my sign it really is hard being born under this sign sometimes because people automatically assume I'm a prude and I'm aloof when it comes to my sexuality .

The Virgo is so often mistakenly taken as the Virgin, depicted as a nun or chaste woman. The real representation of the star sign Virgo is the Maiden, who carries an ear of corn. The word "virgo" is Latin, meaning "self-sufficient".Virgo often gets a poor astrological report in my opinion.
Old 19-07-2017, 03:20 PM
Master
The Virgo is so often mistakenly taken as the Virgin, depicted as a nun or chaste woman. The real representation of the star sign Virgo is the Maiden, who carries an ear of corn. The word "virgo" is Latin, meaning "self-sufficient".Virgo often gets a poor astrological report in my opinion.
Old 19-07-2017, 08:40 PM
Pathfinder

Hello Searching Girl,

According to http://www.latin-dictionary.net/defi...virgo-virginis
virgo in latin means:
1.maiden, young woman, girl of marriageable age
2.virgin, woman sexually intact

But I'm not here to debate latin.

What is it that you are searching for? Astrology is much more than just sun signs at personality traits. Within astrology is the history of religion, the journey of the earth around the sun, numerology and more. But none of that will help you find you are looking for. What you are searching for can only be found within you.
Old 20-07-2017, 11:28 AM
Deactivated Account

I recommend doing a full natal chart if possible, it will given you a broad sense of your position in the zodiac, not only will it debunk misconceptions, but it will give you a greater understanding that the moon, and rising signs and your position around the planets play a big part in all aspects in your personality.

I feel I am a typical Capricorn (earth elemental) it suits well, however, I have a Cancer Moon and Pisces Rising, both water elements that really drown out the goat and humanize me. In short,I can be a cesspool of emotions not really typical for Capricorn who traditionally has a reputation for being aloof and detached from emotion. However, I have no problems playing that card, that is one purpose our Sun sign serves to do, pulling out traditional traits as a tool to getting to your desired goals.

GirlSearching, I would look to see where your Moon or Venus falls in. Sexuality and our relationships with people can be more found in this area.

Last edited by Clover : 20-07-2017 at 03:16 PM.
Old 21-07-2017, 05:32 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clover
I recommend doing a full natal chart if possible, it will given you a broad sense of your position in the zodiac, not only will it debunk misconceptions, but it will give you a greater understanding that the moon, and rising signs and your position around the planets play a big part in all aspects in your personality.

Ditto.

The greatest misconception of my sun's zodiac sign is that it can accurately define me.

Unless someone has a stellium in the same sign as their sun (aka, all their eggs in one basket for being that energy!) they are going to be a melting pot of different--and sometimes conflicting--energy signatures based on all the different placements of planets in their natal chart.

For example, I have an Aries Sun but a Pisces Moon and Cancer Asc... I am also 46 years old so I have MELLOWED in my Aries fire from when I was young (you can see this in secondary progressed charts, my progressed sun is in Taurus which mellows Aries out), so you would be very hard pressed to find any Aries labels that fit me 100%.

All the Aries definitions say that the Ram is self-focused... but my Cancer Asc squares my Aries Sun, it is hard for me to be selfish when my first reaction is to nurture other people!

Other Aries definitions paint the Ram as very action oriented like every Aries is a weekend warrior climbing mountains... but my Pisces Moon can be LAZY (I mean, REALLY lazy!)! I do spend some time hiking, but I spend just as much time doing lazy things like reading, watching TV, meditating, etc.

I just think that Sun-sign definitions miss the mark by a mile, UNLESS you are talking about someone with a stellium in that sign (or other compounding factor for that energy).
Old 19-10-2017, 06:10 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clover

I feel I am a typical Capricorn (earth elemental) it suits well, however, I have a Cancer Moon and Pisces Rising, both water elements that really drown out the goat and humanize me. In short,I can be a cesspool of emotions not really typical for Capricorn who traditionally has a reputation for being aloof and detached from emotion. However, I have no problems playing that card, that is one purpose our Sun sign serves to do, pulling out traditional traits as a tool to getting to your desired goals.

GirlSearching, I would look to see where your Moon or Venus falls in. Sexuality and our relationships with people can be more found in this area.
i have signs similar to yours. Scoripo rising, virgo sun, cancer moon, but my next 3 signs are all the same "libra" which i feel helps too mellow out the others. Is it odd to have 3 of the same signs in them positions?
Old 26-10-2017, 12:44 AM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by hallow
i have signs similar to yours. Scoripo rising, virgo sun, cancer moon, but my next 3 signs are all the same "libra" which i feel helps too mellow out the others. Is it odd to have 3 of the same signs in them positions?

Hey Hallow, not odd at all. I have three planets in Virgo.I would say the most intriguing planets are Venus and Mars, both which have a lot do with how we communicate and extend love. I' am content my Venus is in Aqua ( Air elemental) I feel it explains my free spirit & unconventional nature however, not so good when people want more from me though as Aqua can be inflexible, and with Capricorn Sun, tough luck.
Old 21-07-2017, 01:32 PM
Pathfinder

Hello im a gemini!

And I wanted to share that I am not 2-faced and back stabbing.

I believe I am a 100% fair person and sometimes when a person is not satisfied with my honestly they try to act like I have maliciously hurt them when all I have done is be honest which is exactly what we or I agree to being when communicating.

A relative of mine actually said recently that even though I'm honest not everyone likes it and kinda hinted that I shouldn't be my true self.

Which of course I ignored as this does not resonate with me.

Gemini's are passionate in everything we do the best description I give of myself to others is: I am an enigma. And I'm very happy with that
Old 22-07-2017, 03:22 AM
Master
Quote:
CosmicWisdom323
Hello Searching Girl,
According to http://www.latin-dictionary.net/defi...virgo-virginis
virgo in latin means:
1.maiden, young woman, girl of marriageable age
2.virgin, woman sexually intact

But I'm not here to debate latin.
What is it that you are searching for? Astrology is much more than just sun signs at personality traits. Within astrology is the history of religion, the journey of the earth around the sun, numerology and more. But none of that will help you find you are looking for. What you are searching for can only be found within you.

Quote:
Clover

[

I probably worded my sentence wrong but I was trying to say some of the stereotype associated with being born under a certain sign that people who aren't the same star sign might have of you. Just because my sign is "virgin" didn't mean all people born under the Virgo are chaste and prides and conservative. @CosmicWisdom323 for mentioning religion when it comes to astrology I'd like to read more about the subject. Considering that some religious folk view astrology as witchcraft . @Clover my follow Earthy brethren (Virgos, Capricorns, Taurus, are all earth signs). Thanks for the suggestion of getting a natal chart reading done that will better help me understand myself and why I can be my own worse enemy and critical of my shortcomings in life.
Old 22-07-2017, 05:20 AM
Master
Nope no misconceptions here.