Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Films

Old 12-02-2016, 04:44 AM
Master
How can you lunkheads forget Inuyasha? :p

Anywho--also Utena is a good one--swords, roses, and a girl-prince oh mai
Old 14-02-2016, 05:55 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinsoo
How can you lunkheads forget Inuyasha? :p

Anywho--also Utena is a good one--swords, roses, and a girl-prince oh mai

Yes, Inuyasha is a very popular costume in all the conventions I attend. Personally, I love Zelda ( Legends Of Zelda Nintendo). I know thats not technically Anime, but very popular in those events.

I forget to mention. I do like to buy Domo prodcuts. I have a few stuffys and a collectors coffee cup [nerds unite!]. Domo is a popular short skit they in between shows/ commericals. Airs only in Japan.

Domo skit
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rmzUto6f6ys
Old 19-02-2016, 03:10 PM
Deactivated Account

I just wanted to let you all know that Parasyte -the maxim on adult swim or Anime planet is two thumbs up!

My son got me hooked on it. It about humans battling against with parasites. The organisms are basically trying to take over the world. It makes you think, what if the human species were taken over by bacteria/parasites ... lol. Very suspenseful

Old 26-05-2019, 05:00 PM
Deactivated Account

Still anime strong here. I have been at an Anime convention all weekend, 'Fanime'. While there, I binged on the series The Promised Neverland Its a bit of a mystery & psychological thriller. Quite brilliant but a bit disturbing. Provoked a lot of emotion out of me...I absolutely LOVED it!

The Promised Neverland Trailer

commentary if you want to get a more indepth opinion
The Promised Neverland is WAY Better Than You Think

I love this duo!

The series has received the green light for a second series. There is an English version of this series which I find much easier to follow. I even purchased the whole manga series for my daughter because we loved it so much and wanted to know what happens next.
Old 28-05-2019, 03:58 AM
Knower
I've enjoyed Pokemon and Yu-Gi-Oh since early childhood, but I haven't kept up with either of them. I'm very interested in catching up on the newer generations of Pokemon, not so interested in the newer Yu-Gi-Oh though. InuYasha and Yu Yu Hakusho are some more childhood favorites; like the others, I need to finish watching InuYasha, but I've watched and read Yu Yu Hakusho several times over. I also like Hayao Miyazaki's work and Avatar: The Last Airbender, although I don't believe the latter technically counts as anime. My husband and I intend to cosplay as Yusuke and Keiko from YYH at some point. :)

"The universe is random. Not inevitable. It's simple chaos." -- Walter White

"Of course it is happening inside your head, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?" -- Albus Dumbledore
Old 29-05-2019, 07:01 AM
Master
I've never really gotten deep into anime, at least I mostly watched the standard shows like Dragon Ball, and Naruto..
I'm a bit mainstream with this topic..

I was a big Naruto fan (only sub, with the Japanese voices!!). The anime had so many filler episodes I started reading the manga in summer 2005 and until its end in 2014 I was treating myself with a new chapter every week. Good times! I remember all the speculation floating around in the 2000s about who would be the Akatsuki leader, how the series would end, etc. It was so exciting because we knew so little and had to wait a week for a new chapter..

The music of the anime was very good, I sometimes still listen to some tracks. There are some very emotional tracks as well as energetic tracks..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1INMeJahcg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=POiPxbErnpw

Also enjoyed Avatar, The Last Airbender. The last part (''book 3'') is very well written..
Old 02-07-2019, 02:03 AM
Master
My son left me a list of anime to watch while he was at University and now I am a bit behind. So wish me luck catching up. We have gone to the anime convention with him in the states twice! Amazing cons play! I am more of a steampunk kind of girl, myself!

I am looking forward to watching a silent voice. My son brought home the British version. :-)
Old 12-09-2020, 12:43 AM
Master
Watched “A Silent Voice.” All I can say is WOW! So many dynamic characters and so much emotion. I forgot it was animated.

I was really impressed!

Thought my son said I could have started with an anime a little more light hearted.

So funny, tables reversed, him worrying about my heart.