Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astrology > Astronomy

Old 20-01-2019, 11:57 PM
Master
Total Lunar Eclipse Tonight

https://www.timeanddate.com/live/

The large "Blood Moon" is in Leo.
The portents are for a very difficult time ahead.
Full cloud cover in this location will obscure my view.
Please go out and look if you have the time.
Old 21-01-2019, 12:58 AM
Master
Very difficult times, according to who?
I got a very good energy report from a reliable source. Nothing "very difficult" about it. If you believe in doomsday stuff, you will attract into your life.

The energies of this moon and the eclipse offer wonderful opportunities for growth, as per usual. It is up to the individual to go for that.
Steering clear from ppl/sources who spread negative B-S is a good start.
Old 21-01-2019, 01:13 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by FairyCrystal
Very difficult times, according to who?
I got a very good energy report from a reliable source. Nothing "very difficult" about it. If you believe in doomsday stuff, you will attract into your life.

The energies of this moon and the eclipse offer wonderful opportunities for growth, as per usual. It is up to the individual to go for that.
Steering clear from ppl/sources who spread negative B-S is a good start.
Maybe only difficult times for those who have contraindications for this in their Natal chart?

I have just experienced more antagonism, annoyance, touchiness, grouchiness, contrariety, passive-agressive behavior, self-righteousness, intolerance, argumentative discussion etc since the beginning of this year than I have at any other time in my life and "looking within" is not providing me with any answers whatsoever, so I tried looking up and thought "doesn't the moon have something to do with people biting others' heads off for no reason?" but maybe it could have something to do with another planet entirely... suffice to say, where is all the compassion and empathy spiritual people talk about having? because they sure as hell never show it.

This is why I reached the conclusion that I did..
Old 21-01-2019, 01:35 AM
Deactivated Account

I always love a full moon event. I am excited for it but it won't be visible in my area, cloudy skies ;( According to a multiple sources, the theme seems to be centered around change and opportunity.

As far as the icky feelings, A lot of folks are probably coming off the wonky Capricorn/Saturn energy from the past few weeks (including Capricorn solar eclipse). I was seeing a lot of folks feeling worse than good for the New Year. Cap energy brings up a lot of gunk from the surface, which is a good thing, take that awareness of what doesn't feel good and with this Leo energy coming in, manifest what you want.

Sidenote: This is a source from the Astrology King. He gets very deep into the logistics of astrology, very comprehensive his inquires than your average romanticized web sight . The quote below is a result of the planet Uranus coming in for the Full moon, which Uranus is the planet of rebellion ( hence the anxiety).
Quote:

Lunar Eclipse Square Uranus
Moon square Uranus causes rapid mood swings and impulsive reactions. You may feel jumpy and have little patience for anything requiring commitment or focus. If anyone tries to tie you down or forced you to do something you are likely to rebel. Your normal routines may become boring and you could be easily distracted by anything new and shiny. You may have trouble relaxing because of an unsettling feeling or anticipation of something new just around the corner.

This is not a good eclipse for making sudden changes, especially in close relationships. New encounters may meet your need for a thrill but would cause a great deal of upset to your life and have a negative effect on loved ones. You may experience emotional outbursts from friends or family that would need extra patience and sensitivity.
He goes more into detail if you care to read more.

As for myself, I am feeling great and optimistic , but I am a person constantly open to change and new things ( I am a traveling goat). I do find change can be very uncomfortable and destabilizing to many people, so I can see the energy coming in not working well for everyone. Not to mention, moon energy can feel very intense
Old 21-01-2019, 02:08 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clover
I always love a full moon event. I am excited for it but it won't be visible in my area, cloudy skies ;( According to a multiple sources, the theme seems to be centered around change and opportunity.

As far as the icky feelings, A lot of folks are probably coming off the wonky Capricorn/Saturn energy from the past few weeks (including Capricorn solar eclipse). I was seeing a lot of folks feeling worse than good for the New Year. Cap energy brings up a lot of gunk from the surface, which is a good thing, take that awareness of what doesn't feel good and with this Leo energy coming in, manifest what you want.

Sidenote: This is a source from the Astrology King. He gets very deep into the logistics of astrology, very comprehensive his inquires than your average romanticized web sight . The quote below is a result of the planet Uranus coming in for the Full moon, which Uranus is the planet of rebellion ( hence the anxiety).

He goes more into detail if you care to read more.

As for myself, I am not feeling anything but good, but I am a person constantly open to change and new things ( I am a traveling goat). I do find change can be very uncomfortable and destabilizing to many people, so I can see the energy not working well for everyone
Thank you so much for explaining it, Clover.

I was starting to take it all personally, when I just knew their had to be another reason, when I see friends at each others throats as well...So this isn't just confined to my own personal environment.

Also, my arthritis started flaring up out of nowhere two weeks ago...

I appreciate that article, just read it and went on to read another:

https://cafeastrology.com/saturn-in-...-transits.html

Suffice to say, I will be checking the skies with a lot more attention before I go and accuse others of acting "crazier than usual" now.
Old 21-01-2019, 02:57 AM
Guide

For me, much has come to the surface to be resolved right at the start of the new year, so personally I feel this full moon eclipse energy is significant of the positive change I'm about to embark on. I'm sure it's different for everyone in different stages. A friend of mine has been working diligently at clearing old muck and this full moon has got her releasing a lot on the physical level. I really think it affects different astrological signs differently, but more importantly where you are on your path right now.
Old 21-01-2019, 03:47 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky
For me, much has come to the surface to be resolved right at the start of the new year, so personally I feel this full moon eclipse energy is significant of the positive change I'm about to embark on. I'm sure it's different for everyone in different stages. A friend of mine has been working diligently at clearing old muck and this full moon has got her releasing a lot on the physical level. I really think it affects different astrological signs differently, but more importantly where you are on your path right now.
Thank you for replying.

In my case also, it seems the change needs to also come in totally letting go and saying goodbye to stubborn habits that no longer serve me or that I don't find useful anymore...like old, favorite clothes that no longer fit...but I just keep them around, trying to squeeze my rump into them until I find something else that DOES..but nothing else will...unless I trash all of those old clothes FIRST and go "sky-clad" for a while...All metaphorical, of course.

Certain garments, tested, tried and true still fit and I still enjoy wearing them, but I have also learned very recently, that if we are just not emotionally up to dealing with others anger, negativity and emotional outbursts, we shouldn't HAVE to and the best thing to do is to politely excuse yourself and say "I am sorry my dear, but I have PTSD and I just can't deal with this right now" and then move on until you arrive somewhere... somewhere where a "soft landing" has already been prepared for you because they knew you were coming.
Old 21-01-2019, 03:29 PM
Knower
Got up this morning 5:30 am. (exact eclipse time in this locality).
Saw the moon in the sky from the kitchen window.
It was red !

https://www.euronews.com/2019/01/21/...-wow-skygazers

total fullmoon eclipses are great for spiritual practices. A mantra practiced at this time is worth hundreds of mantras..

https://www.facebook.com/DrRobertSvo...1660296955585/
Svoboda tells what his guru said:
Vimalananda explains:

Quote:
"Eclipses are excellent for people like you and me because their gravitational effects multiply the effect of our sadhana. If you do one hundred repetitions of your mantra during an eclipse it is like doing one hundred thousand repetitions on an ordinary day.

Fullmoon eclipses can draw forth intense emotions sometimes....

I like the astroking quote from Clover, insightful....

here is more from one of my favourite astrologers Julia Swanson (Neovedic astrologer)
http://astralharmony.com/blog/great-...2017-part-one/
Quote:
As above, so below…as within, so without, thus the Sun and Moon correspond to our higher chakras (cakras), which are also being activated, as in rebooted, during eclipses which stimulate not only our sublime energetic systems but also our endocrine and neurological systems. The pituitary “master endocrine gland” of the body is connected to the Moon per yogic astrology (and to “the third eye” ajna chakra), and produces a series of hormones that either control most of the other glands in the body or have a direct effect on specific organs. The pineal gland is the “seat of the soul” and is connected to the Sun according to yogic astrology (as well as to the Sahasrara “crown” chakra), and regulates mood, sleep, and energy levels. During eclipses, the electromagnetic shields go down allowing higher cosmic energies to come in and reset all these systems. So you can see why it is such a sensitive time and why wise spiritual masters suggest we use it to our advantage.

Old 21-01-2019, 03:33 PM
Guide

Yea, getting rid of the old first certainly makes room for the new to come in...even when it comes to your old clothes Shivani! I wasn't a huge believer in this until I put it into action myself. Especially when it comes to old behaviors and thoughts. It has been said that what we choose to hold onto actually has a greater "hold" or grip on us, keeping us from moving forward.

I spent the past few years being angry and resentful about circumstances that were beyond my control and not from my doing. It really wasn't until the new year that I made a choice to just not let it consume me anymore and not to put my energy and focus on the problem, as I can't change other people or the situation. Instead I can put that energy towards myself and see it all through a different lens...that it's a test and a lesson for me, and unless I choose a different way to respond to it, nothing will change. I definitely feel more free since making that choice at the start of the new year.
Old 22-01-2019, 02:46 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivani Devi
Thank you so much for explaining it, Clover.

I was starting to take it all personally, when I just knew their had to be another reason, when I see friends at each others throats as well...So this isn't just confined to my own personal environment.

Also, my arthritis started flaring up out of nowhere two weeks ago...

I appreciate that article, just read it and went on to read another:

https://cafeastrology.com/saturn-in-...-transits.html

Suffice to say, I will be checking the skies with a lot more attention before I go and accuse others of acting "crazier than usual" now.

Same experience of friends going for the Jugular over the past few days while they're engrossed in the political and social upheaval in the US. It is funny to see the flare ups and how they pass and everyone is better for it 'usually'.

The Eclipse was beautiful, clear skies, but the 14 degree temps in 20mph winds made it a bit chilly outside. One of those moons where the energy was strong days ahead.
“Once you realize that the road is the goal and that you are always on the road, not to reach a goal, but to enjoy its beauty and its wisdom, life ceases to be a task and becomes natural and simple, in itself an ecstasy.”
― Nisargadatta Maharaj