Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Films

Old 31-08-2016, 07:55 AM
Master
Naked Lunch (1991)
Old 31-08-2016, 08:45 PM
Master
I just watched a new movie on netflix called Rebirth that was fairly odd, but interesting, and actually horrifying at the end lol. probably not in the way you'd think though.

also..... Tusk.

oh and Perfume: Story of A Murderer
Old 09-09-2016, 04:15 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by taurmel
The Machinist with Christian Bale...psycho thriller, one of those you can only watch once because it'll be too predictable after that as it took all your emotions the first time :p

I got it from my library to watch - I thought it was wonderfully mysterious, and once I figured out what was really happening, I had to watch it a second time to bring all the pieces together. It was a great psychological study.

Old 09-09-2016, 07:06 AM
Suspended
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbow.sprinkles
oh and Perfume: Story of A Murderer

That's a great film. Watched it at least thrice.
Old 09-09-2016, 10:38 AM
Administrator
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarian
Clockwork Orange for starters...

Hello

OMG yes I was going to so put this one down. Watched it like 10 times now still do not freaking get the point of it. Is there a plot line to it I am missing?

Lynn so confused LOL
Old 09-09-2016, 01:25 PM
Gracey

(Pink Floyd)The Wall. That movie was very strange.

donnie darko was a strange movie too.
Old 10-09-2016, 03:37 AM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynn
Hello

OMG yes I was going to so put this one down. Watched it like 10 times now still do not freaking get the point of it. Is there a plot line to it I am missing?

Lynn so confused LOL

You watched a movie 10 times ? WOW !!

Expect Miracles !

Sometimes in the winds of change ~ we find our true direction
Old 10-09-2016, 11:57 PM
Knower
Here Are Two

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrienne
[i]What is the strangest movie that you have seen ?

You are not limited to only one
Several others mentioned, "A Clockwork Orange." That is the first one I thought of too, but it fits in my "terrible category."

The first "strangest film" in the "excellent category" that came to mind is "Mystery Train" (1989). I first watched it in 1990 and absolutely loved it, or most of it, anyway. My best friend and I were flipping the TV channels one evening when we landed on "Mystery Train" just as it was about to start. My friend only liked/likes the simplest shoot-'em-up movies. He did not like most of the films I liked. He had the satellite "TV guide" that evening, so I asked him, "How many stars does this movie get?" He paused for a moment and said, "One." I thought, "Hmmm…" Normally, I would have stopped watching right then, but the beginning of this film intrigued me, so I kept watching. He got bored and left. It intrigued me more and more with every passing minute. I was really liking it. After a while I got suspicious and grabbed the TV Guide. "Mystery Train" had four out of four stars! When he came back later, I said, "I knew this movie was too good to have only one star!" He started laughing.

"Mystery Train" is a very, very slow-paced, almost action-less film (it is rated "R" for good reason in one short scene). It consists of three separate stories, but all of them take place in the same seedy hotel in Memphis, Tennessee, on the same night. They ever-so-slightly overlap. You have to pay close attention to notice some of the overlapping elements. The very moody, slow pace is what makes the film work for me. The very young Japanese man and woman (a couple) in the first story are a hoot, especially the woman. She is just a ton of fun.
Old 11-09-2016, 12:04 AM
Knower

" We are the strange " directed by M dot Strange
Old 11-09-2016, 12:06 AM
Knower

The Begotton is pretty weird too