Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Films

Old 29-08-2016, 10:54 AM
Deactivated Account

Strangest Movies

What is the strangest movie that you have seen ?

You are not limited to only one, as there are several that I think belong in this category. Taking into consideration, of course, that everyone has different likes and dislikes. share with us .....

"Effie Grey" is definitely the strangest movie I have ever seen !
A very slow moving movie, and it felt like one was always waiting for someone to say something. Definitely in the odd duck category !

Adrienne

ps just a fyi, lol .... I didn't choose the movie
Old 29-08-2016, 12:33 PM
Master

Picnic At Hanging Rock

Never did work out what happened in the end

http://holy-lance.blogspot.com
Old 29-08-2016, 02:40 PM
Master
Nothing - Vincenzo Natali (producer).

Quote:
Surreal buddy comedy about two crazed roommates (David Hewlett, Andrew Miller) who suddenly find themselves living in a void. Miller co-wrote the script with Andrew Lowery, who costars as Crawford. Directed by Vincenzo Natali.

My favourite movie due to the total strangeness of it!
Old 30-08-2016, 03:20 AM
Guide
The Machinist with Christian Bale...psycho thriller, one of those you can only watch once because it'll be too predictable after that as it took all your emotions the first time :p
Old 31-08-2016, 12:46 AM
Master
Clockwork Orange for starters...
Old 31-08-2016, 02:12 AM
Newbie ;)

About Picnic, check out the wiki entry on "The Secret of Hanging Rock."
Old 31-08-2016, 02:32 AM
Master
Eraserhead (1977)
Old 31-08-2016, 04:53 AM
Master
If I am not limited to one, let's also try Zardoz (1974).

The name comes from The Wizard of Oz.

If the sight of Sean Connery dressed in a skimpy flouro orange G-string with thigh-high leather boots don't freak you, the huge floating rock head with glowing eyes will!

I don't know what they were on when they wrote and directed that one!

Another will be any/ALL of the H.P. Lovecraft films, especially the Re-Animator series and that movie where a crazy guy traps people in a place and they have to kill each other to escape it. If I heard "Seven Nails Fails" one more time, I felt like throwing a brick through the TV set.

I also enjoyed A Clockwork Orange, in fact ALL of Kubrik's work too is pretty much 'out there on a limb'.

Then, there are my personal 'weird', but not totally 'strange' movies I like...Firestarter and The Langoliers (Stephen King), Jacob's Ladder, The SAW and Hostel series (I like my gore as well), Altered States with William Hurt, The original Lawnmower Man, Donnie Darko, Soylent Green....

Anyway, I'm pretty much 'strange movies R us' and I just like writers and producers with imagination leading to a totally unpredictable plot.
Old 31-08-2016, 06:28 AM
Suspended

One of the strangest movies I've ever seen is a French animated film made in the 1970s called Fantastic Planet...Just look up the trailer on Youtube and you'll get an idea of how bizarre the movie is...

Even though it's strange/bizarre, it's definitely one of my favorites for animated films...
Old 31-08-2016, 06:36 AM
Suspended
Quote:
Originally Posted by H:O:R:A:C:E
Eraserhead (1977)

Yep, that's definitely strange.