Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Films

Old 11-02-2019, 10:07 PM
Master
Movies that tell the truth about spiritual matters

Ok what I am going to say is gonna be a surprise to most lol, but the most honest and insightful movies that I've found in that regard are from the 80s and are cartoons.

They are Care Bears and Rainbow Brite, which they also have tv episodes but these two movies in particular reveal a lot I think. Rainbow Brite and the Star Stealer and then Care Bears Movie II: A New Generation. The Care Bears In Wonderland movie is also awesome..
Anyways, I started noticing how true it was some years ago when I was admittedly smoking quite a bit of pot.. but I guess that my increasing awareness in general and age had more to do with my realizing how real it was.

Some of it has to do with the bad things going on in the movies. and then the ways that they are able to defeat the evil and overcome the struggles. I guess that the New Generation name is sort of telling, especially since it's said that the 80s are when indigos and other such individuals were populating the Earth more. Color is prominent in both movies and color holds a lot more value than we realize. There's some science about chromotherapy or color healing, but obviously color penetrates much deeper than just effecting us through eyesight.

Nature is big in both of the movies, and Rainbow Brite is known for her color crystals and the important role they play in power. The reality of crystals is only being gradually uncovered and understood. On a negative note, one of the most telling things or scenes in Rainbow Brite is when Spring doesn't come to Earth because they eventually find out someone is trying to steal one of the bright planets by wrapping it up in rope. If you know anything about geoengineering or pay attention to the sky now, it's clear that the sun isn't able to shine as much as it used to, and it was eery how long Spring took to spring when I lived back in Wisconsin still, though now I live in Alabama in the southern U.S. so the weather here is much better, and actually less of the 'climate-changing' activity is centered here. but anyways that's a digression. well there is a character who literally makes rain and storms too.. there's also the fact of technology playing a role in the movie, and it being nasty giant robots that are doing the covering up of the shiny planet. Another yucky part of the movie is this blobby murky creature in the movie which gets created by numerous smaller parts combining.. which parallels realistic biotechnology unfortunately. but I don't want to focus on the bad, And Rainbow Brite and her crew of color kids do win out in the end.. there's even one called Indigo, as well as the other colors which have their own special gifts.

To be transparent I can't think of all the revelations I had before because it was some years ago I really put thought into and wrote about this, but there were just a lot of random little and big things that rang true.

As for the Care Bears movie, it is about some kids at camp and ultimately the evil character shape shifter plays primarily as a boy attending the camp.. and he gets saved by one of the girls and at the end of the movie he returns to good, with the help of the Care Bears and lots of love and caring lol.. and magical color beams sent his way of course. Many people here are probably familiar with and use color healing, visualization and sending light etc.. so I suppose I am preaching to the choir on this. It's depicted in the movies as fantasy yet it has power and validity in actual life, and even some scientific evidence supporting its efficacy.

Well I guess that you have to watch the movies (again or for the first time) to see what jumps out at you, but I thought it was pretty cool anyway, that my childhood beloved classics and my growing consciousness caught up with each other. I suppose as children we may have already been more aware of these things at the time than we realize though.

So this thread is also about sharing other movies that you've found interesting spiritual truth in, whether they are modern or from before you were born. I spend a probably embarrassing amount of time watching tv and movies nowadays lol and while I see some truth or value in most of the things I watch, I've been wanting to find out other shows or movies which are enlightening, because that'd be a better use of the time, and may be even more entertaining.
Old 05-04-2019, 01:12 PM
Knower

Whenever I’m feeling contemplative and am not in the mood for a Drama, Comedy, or Sci-Fi flick, I love to watch one of the following five films listed herein-below – each one of which is, in my opinion, a truly unique audio-visual experience like none other within all of filmdom.

These movies are without words. They are without characters. They are existential “travelogues” if you will and, personally, are immensely rewarding on a spiritual level. For me, they are best viewed in solitude and uninterrupted. To truly appreciate their aesthetic qualities, they seem to require of a viewer patience and his/her undivided attention. (These cinematic masterpieces are not for moviegoers who are easily bored by thoughtful, meaningful entertainment.)

In the midst of my watching one, it’s as if time slows to a standstill; I lose myself in the enchanting soundtrack and the often stunning imagery of various exotic landscapes from around the world; some of these pristine and untouched by man and absolutely picturesque and awe-inspiring to behold.

Their cinematography is unparalleled in all of cinema! The movie camera, for instance, at times ascends into the clouds, glides over canyons and deserts, zooms over lakes and cityscapes, sometimes with the aid of time-lapse photography, which makes it all the more exciting.

These extraordinary films were made as if to get their audience to slow down and to think about the deeper things of life and their relationship to the prehistoric past and their precious planet. They often interject to show herds of people scurrying about, scenes that seem to comment on our fast-paced way of life (one “out of control”), one of increasing speed and efficiency, and how – as I for one interpret it to mean – this keeps people distracted from attending to their spiritual nature and from thinking about what humankind is doing to Mother Earth as the result of the modern omnipresence, specifically the less positive aspects, of “rational” science and technology in the world.

Although I cherish them all, I here list them in preferential order...

1. Chronos (1985). Directed by Ron Fricke, underscored by hauntingly dulcet music, composed by Michael Stearns. (My favorite of the five. Deeply moving and profound.)
2. Baraka (1993). Directed by Ron Fricke. (Examines various polytheistic and pantheistic religions throughout the world.)
3. Powaqqatsi: Life In Transformation (1988). Directed by Godfrey Reggio. (I love the opening song: “Serra Pelada.”)
4. Samsara (2012). Directed by Ron Fricke. (I especially like an opening scene of the Balinese Tari Legong dancers, of Indonesia.)
5. Koyaanisqatsi (1983). Directed by Godrey Reggio. (The first one of its kind.)
Old 05-04-2019, 02:03 PM
Master

I haven’t really found any movies that depict spiritual matters with any degree of accuracy, but there are several TV franchises that do. They all contain episodes, usually deeply buried among less profound ones, that reveal surprising spiritual truths. These are:

- Buffy the Vampire Slayer + Angel
- Sabrina the Teenage Witch + The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina
- Most of the Star Trek series, but particularly DS9, TNG and TOS
- All of the Stargate series, but particularly SG-1
- Battlestar Galactica

Don’t let the entertainment value fool you, many ancient epics are similarly entertaining, not to mention implausible, but there are many profound truths and outright disclosure interwoven within the storyline.
Old 28-09-2019, 02:00 PM
Knower

Within religion there are both self-appointed intermediaries claiming to be God's channel, be they individuals or organizations, as well as phony teachers. And so it is within the world of spirituality as well. This extraordinary film, a documentary by Vikram Gandhi, concentrates on the latter.

Kumare (2012) shows Vikram Gandhi, an American-born man, playing the part of a guru from India. With the aid of two lovely assistants, two young women, Vikram Gandhi travels to Phoenix, Arizona, where his guru-playing role of “Kumare” begins.

Remarkably, Gandhi, as Kumare, goes onto attract a devoted following of about a dozen people quickly, easily. Among them, a woman who tells him that she can see a highly positive aura about him. These men and women don't go so far as to deify Kumare, but they certainly revere him.

One of the mystical-minded persons Kumare befriends is a woman with a Law of Attraction-esque philosophy; another describes himself as an acoustic theologist, and the scenes that show him teaching Kumare a few of his own rituals – with the help from a didgeridoo – made me chuckle. We are also introduced to Gabriel, albeit not of Kumare's circle, but rather the co-leader (along with his wife) of the Urantia movement.

Gandhi, as Kumare, is not out to deceive anyone for the sake of deceiving. As I watched it, I recalled another documentary I enjoyed, called Marjoe (1972), about a bogus evangelist who spent years of his adult life exploiting those who paid to come listen to his enthusiastic sermons only to give up the racket on account of a troubled conscience. The deception that Gandhi engages in, as the mumbo-jumbo-spouting pseudo-guru and faux yogin, Kumare, is done in all honest sincerity, as a means of teaching, in the end, a vital lesson.

As for the manner in which Gandhi chooses to reveal his true identity (returning to Phoenix, Arizona, from New York City, after about a month-and-a-half absence), I thought the demystification process was handled thoughtfully. At the moment Vikram strolls into the meeting-place as himself, in regular street clothes, clean-shaven and groomed, looking every bit as common as the next person, to reveal to his followers of his Kumare persona having been a mask, Gandhi's heart must have been beating fast and his palms sweating. (This scene I found to be absolutely riveting.) He appears calm and of cool composure, nevertheless. Following the unveiling, a few in the room are seen to get up and leave. Understandably, some must have felt like the proverbial rug had just been pulled out from under them. Whereas, others take Gandhi's revelation as being the crux of his teaching.

Kumare is an exceptional documentary (one that I recently watched for the third time), whose purpose for existing is to show just how unnecessary spiritual intermediares are, and how foolish it is for people to look up to them with awe (considering that most of them may be no more than charlatans), that improvement, development of self – and possibly even transcendence – comes from within.
Old 23-11-2019, 09:16 PM
1337_d00d

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoOne
I haven’t really found any movies that depict spiritual matters with any degree of accuracy, but there are several TV franchises that do. They all contain episodes, usually deeply buried among less profound ones, that reveal surprising spiritual truths. These are:

- Buffy the Vampire Slayer + Angel
- Sabrina the Teenage Witch + The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina
- Most of the Star Trek series, but particularly DS9, TNG and TOS
- All of the Stargate series, but particularly SG-1
- Battlestar Galactica

Don’t let the entertainment value fool you, many ancient epics are similarly entertaining, not to mention implausible, but there are many profound truths and outright disclosure interwoven within the storyline.

And what kind of spiritual truth is being conveyed here?
Old 17-12-2019, 01:38 PM
Master
There are some lovely movies that have spiritual truths in them here is a short list of ones that come to mind.
1) The peaceful warrior
2) Powder
3) The legend of bagger vance
4) Field of Dreams
5) The Celestine chronicles
6) Little Buddha

to name a short few.
Old 21-02-2020, 06:30 AM
Deactivated Account

Billy Jack 1971 - Billy is like a Zen Master ex Military
Hair 1979 - Ending will blow you away. Great music and story.
Little Buddha - Finding a reincarnation of a Master
Thunderheart 1992 - He discovers his past life...
Defending Your Life 1991 - Funny take on the after life with some very profound truths thrown in.

Watch these 5 movies and you will be changed!

Lion (2016) is pretty good, you will cry at end. All about love and loss.
Old 26-03-2020, 03:13 PM
New to this thread - off the top: I agree with so many already!

Revolver
The Fountain
Lucy

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru