Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Past Lives & Reincarnation

Old 16-02-2012, 02:30 PM
Ambermay

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuriousSnowflake
many different people may resonate with the experiences of a certain life (say, Joan of Arc) and call it their own. This is how many people may claim the same person as their "past life", because every experience is there for everyone to choose from, and certain ones are simply more popular.

That is where I tend to comber in and just not trust some of my experiences.
Because I believe that my current live is not to do with famous people in history, which is NOT. No, I'm not Joan of Arc, or such - I know that fully...
I'm just me in this time of being.

I also have issues with the idea of spiritual evolution. The whole idea invites in all kinds of value judgments and ideas of "better" and "worse" ways to live. There is no better and worse, there's just our preferences, based upon who we are, who we wish to be, and what we see as the best way from point A to point B. But beyond that, evolution implies that Time exists as a spiritual function. Yet science proved over a century ago that Time is a function of physicality. How can one "evolve" if Time is nothing more than an experiential field of context, a table upon which we can spread out our experiences and examine them one at a time?

Time means nothing to me so to speak. Yes, as I am in my physical body - I have certain time for that body to function until it dies.
And I don't know what is to come after that - I was not meant to know I guess.
But our spiritual evolution counts big deal so to speak. That is what we gained and experienced in this given incarnation.

Sorry, the site said that my message is too short - I just posted my message in-between the quote in red-like color. Hope this works.
Old 16-02-2012, 04:42 PM
CuriousSnowflake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambermay
That is where I tend to comber in and just not trust some of my experiences.
Because I believe that my current live is not to do with famous people in history, which is NOT. No, I'm not Joan of Arc, or such - I know that fully...
I'm just me in this time of being.

Not trusting your experiences is a sure way to short-circuit your progression as a human being. Experience, IMHO, is the whole point of all of this, and if you don't trust that, what can you trust? If you feel a closeness to a certain historical figure, don't deny that. Use it, observe it, see what it brings to your current situation. But if you feel it brings you nothing important in this moment, release the idea and move on.

Quote:
Time means nothing to me so to speak. Yes, as I am in my physical body - I have certain time for that body to function until it dies.
And I don't know what is to come after that - I was not meant to know I guess.
But our spiritual evolution counts big deal so to speak. That is what we gained and experienced in this given incarnation.

"Not meant to know" is a fear-based idea, one that implies a cop-out somewhere along the line, usually by some spiritual authority who doesn't like the implications of something or other. Western Monotheism is a big one for this: "God works in mysterious ways His wonders to perform" and all that rot. Just look within and see what your soul has to say on what lies beyond the life of the body.

I agree also that our experiences are a big deal. I just don't see it as evolution, a progression from one state to another "higher" one. Experience serves no purpose other than itself, IMHO.

Quote:
Sorry, the site said that my message is too short - I just posted my message in-between the quote in red-like color. Hope this works.

I'll teach you a neat little formatting trick. When you quote someone in a reply, you'll see a openbracket-quote-equalsign-name-closebracket at the beginning and an openbracket-backslash-quote-closebracket at the end of their quote. That's HTML coding, telling the site to break up the formatting into individual quotes. If you copy and paste those two formats at either end of each phrase you will get the neat individual paragraphs like I have in my reply to you. Quick, easy, no more website yelling at you for having too short a reply, and it makes replying to you much simpler.

CS
Old 16-02-2012, 04:48 PM
CuriousSnowflake

Quote:
Oh, I checked on your link and it's amazing - truly amazing!!! So, so, so true what you wrote there... I totally loved it and I see now your point of view on oneness. You must publish a book on that to my opinion.

But... Science against religion - that is where all the problems come...
Science AND religion should be hand in hand to display the truth as it is to my opinion... They can not be separate for true knowledge...

Glad you liked it so much. Like I say there, share share share it with everyone. Word of mouth is the only advertising that fits my budget. As for publishing, it's a work in progress. There is a way to get it now, but SF rules say I can't post it on a thread (got in trouble for it once already). If you really want to know, PM me and I will give you the info.

All ideas of conflict and "I'm right you're wrong" do not aid us in creating the world we truly desire, one of love and hope. Science and religion just have been at each other's throats for so long now it's a knee-jerk reflex. There's some real hope for integration, however. Look up a book called "The Field" by Lynne McTaggart for more info on this. Great book.

CS
Old 17-02-2012, 04:04 AM
Ambermay

Quote:
Not trusting your experiences is a sure way to short-circuit your progression as a human being. Experience, IMHO, is the whole point of all of this, and if you don't trust that, what can you trust? If you feel a closeness to a certain historical figure, don't deny that. Use it, observe it, see what it brings to your current situation. But if you feel it brings you nothing important in this moment, release the idea and move on.

Whilst I like what you are saying, I probably would go mad if I trusted all my experiences. Throughout my life they were nothing less than very weird and confusing. At times I had to work on ignoring them so I can continue with my current life.

Then again, there is certain time period of long ago I'm drawn to, but nothing famous. All it gives me that I watch a film about that period over and over again, just because I like the music there, the way they dress and the manner of speech, nothing more. Just because of that I can't say that I was someone from there in my past lives, but it is a possibility that I lived then (many people did of course). I just can't see how that would help me to progress if I knew who I was then.

Quote:
"Not meant to know" is a fear-based idea, one that implies a cop-out somewhere along the line, usually by some spiritual authority who doesn't like the implications of something or other. Western Monotheism is a big one for this: "God works in mysterious ways His wonders to perform" and all that rot. Just look within and see what your soul has to say on what lies beyond the life of the body.

Well, yes, it is a pity that religion got so organized and so corrupt over the time.
By "Not meant to know" I was saying that when people incarnate again - they mostly don't remember their past lives, and there must be a reason for that, or how would be live fully in current one bearing knowledge of who we were before?
I wouldn't know about fear for myself, because even though I don't feel any, but subconsciously I agree - we might carry some fear from before.

Quote:
I'll teach you a neat little formatting trick. When you quote someone in a reply, you'll see a openbracket-quote-equalsign-name-closebracket at the beginning and an openbracket-backslash-quote-closebracket at the end of their quote. That's HTML coding, telling the site to break up the formatting into individual quotes. If you copy and paste those two formats at either end of each phrase you will get the neat individual paragraphs like I have in my reply to you. Quick, easy, no more website yelling at you for having too short a reply, and it makes replying to you much simpler.

CS

Thanks, I think I got it!
Old 17-02-2012, 04:10 AM
Master
If everything is ONE, and nothing is separate, then where does that leave this concept of Reincarnation, no one dies, no one is born, just drop the concept, it will get you nowhere.
Old 17-02-2012, 02:02 PM
CuriousSnowflake

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychoslice
If everything is ONE, and nothing is separate, then where does that leave this concept of Reincarnation, no one dies, no one is born, just drop the concept, it will get you nowhere.

I don't think it will get you nowhere, but I do believe one can overemphasize it (take India and it's caste system, for example). Everything we believe and experience creates the contextual field from which we make our choices, and too many people (myself included) have had experiences that can best be described as "past life memories" to simply dismiss them out of hand.

If anything, I think the concept of past lives increases one's understanding of Oneness, not diminishes it. Past life awareness shows one that they are not just the distinct individual they currently are, that what they truly are is nonphysical, eternal, and much larger than they are currently perceiving. Getting from that to Oneness is just baby steps, as long as one does not become too attached to things.

CS
Old 17-02-2012, 03:28 PM
Master
Nicely said...I like this CS.

Cheers!
7L

Here we must be unafraid of what is difficult.

For all living beings in nature must unfold in their particular way

and become themselves despite all opposition.

-- Rainer Maria Rilke
Old 18-02-2012, 05:00 AM
CuriousSnowflake

Quote:
Whilst I like what you are saying, I probably would go mad if I trusted all my experiences. Throughout my life they were nothing less than very weird and confusing. At times I had to work on ignoring them so I can continue with my current life.

Then again, there is certain time period of long ago I'm drawn to, but nothing famous. All it gives me that I watch a film about that period over and over again, just because I like the music there, the way they dress and the manner of speech, nothing more. Just because of that I can't say that I was someone from there in my past lives, but it is a possibility that I lived then (many people did of course). I just can't see how that would help me to progress if I knew who I was then.

It's all about context. What context is created in your life by your affinity for that time period? How does it affect your choices, your preferences, your point of view? That's what makes it important.

Obviously, these questions are rhetorical.

Quote:
Well, yes, it is a pity that religion got so organized and so corrupt over the time.
By "Not meant to know" I was saying that when people incarnate again - they mostly don't remember their past lives, and there must be a reason for that, or how would be live fully in current one bearing knowledge of who we were before?
I wouldn't know about fear for myself, because even though I don't feel any, but subconsciously I agree - we might carry some fear from before.

I think we forget so much partly because we don't live in a society that believes in such things. Anything we have in our childhood is dismissed by our parents as immature imaginings. And lets be honest, how much do you remember about being 3 or 4 years old? We only can access so much of our memories. If we could access it all, we would be lost in nonlinear meanderings most of our lives, unable to tell memory from current experience. We need it to be filtered so we can concentrate on the Now Moment. As a side effect, we forget.

Quote:
Thanks, I think I got it!

Congrats, you are officially a forum geek!

CS
Old 18-02-2012, 09:45 PM
Master
Quote:
I don't think it will get you nowhere, but I do believe one can overemphasize it (take India and it's caste system, for example). Everything we believe and experience creates the contextual field from which we make our choices, and too many people (myself included) have had experiences that can best be described as "past life memories" to simply dismiss them out of hand.

If anything, I think the concept of past lives increases one's understanding of Oneness, not diminishes it. Past life awareness shows one that they are not just the distinct individual they currently are, that what they truly are is nonphysical, eternal, and much larger than they are currently perceiving. Getting from that to Oneness is just baby steps, as long as one does not become too attached to things.

CS
Yes but I differ, there is no past life, and trying to remember something that never happened is not going to increase Oneness, in fact it will take you further away from where you are already, Oneness, your there already, forget about anything else.
Old 19-02-2012, 10:12 AM
Deactivated Account

Could other lives be happening all now rather then strung out in a line one after another?