Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Past Lives & Reincarnation

Old 06-07-2016, 10:01 PM
Experiencer

Reincarnation through time

Do we get reincarnated repeatedly into the future, or can we go back into the past?
Old 07-07-2016, 06:48 AM
Master
I don't know but I think everything goes on at once. That's what they say. I think we get glimpses into other lives and maybe participate in them in some way but I don't think it works they way that is commonly believed. I tend to think that it is not necessary to follow the linear timeline.

That is just my belief based on what I was taught. I really know nothing about it except that I personally don't believe the popular rhetoric. It is more complicated then that.
Old 07-07-2016, 08:46 AM
Deactivated Account
Personally, I think that time has no meaning in higher dimensions.

So it would be totally possible to be reborn in the past.

While this seems to be totally illogical...
- What do we know of the past? Definitely not everything.
- In this human body on this planet, there are things we cannot understand.
- If you check quantum physics, math and stuff... even scientists say that in a multi-dimensional universe, in a higher dimension time would have no meaning. Or rather: time would be what a three-dimensional room is here.

This is only my personal opinion, of course.
Old 07-07-2016, 09:08 AM
Master
In higher dimensions the past and the present is happening simultaneously with the future which comes in alternatives and possibilities. It is possible that one can go back in time than the current time we are in and reincarnate there. They say as we are in 2000s others are in the 3000s while others are in the 1000s, etc. But all this is theory.
Old 07-07-2016, 02:09 PM
Experiencer

When I was in that place (the other side, eternity, heaven...whatever you want to call it) when I had a NDE, time meant nothing and seemed different. I felt it was always the present. It was similar to the passage of time here in that events occurred, yet in perception wasn't. Can't explain the feeling any other way. What I saw as my "other" lives were there, seemingly not as a matter of record, I might add, but just...there, almost as if accessible at any time (like movies or DVDs). The "reality" wasn't in any of those lives, but in the place I was during the NDE. There's always the possibility that I may not have fully perceived what was going on in the experience or don't remember (whether incidental or intentional), but that's the way I perceived it then and still do.
Old 07-07-2016, 02:27 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by MARDAV70
When I was in that place (the other side, eternity, heaven...whatever you want to call it) when I had a NDE, time meant nothing and seemed different. I felt it was always the present. It was similar to the passage of time here in that events occurred, yet in perception wasn't. Can't explain the feeling any other way. What I saw as my "other" lives were there, seemingly not as a matter of record, I might add, but just...there, almost as if accessible at any time (like movies or DVDs). The "reality" wasn't in any of those lives, but in the place I was during the NDE. There's always the possibility that I may not have fully perceived what was going on in the experience or don't remember (whether incidental or intentional), but that's the way I perceived it then and still do.

Exceptionally well put.

In my own NDE happening as well as in other well-documented NDE happenings, "time (indeed) meant nothing and seemed different" and it was clear that "the Reality wasn't in any of those lives, but in the place I was during the NDE".

This is not easily put in words, but you did it exceptionally well.

Old 08-07-2016, 01:12 AM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still_Waters
Exceptionally well put.

In my own NDE happening as well as in other well-documented NDE happenings, "time (indeed) meant nothing and seemed different" and it was clear that "the Reality wasn't in any of those lives, but in the place I was during the NDE".

This is not easily put in words, but you did it exceptionally well.

Thank you for the compliment, Still Waters. Lol...I wonder sometimes if I'm making my thoughts clear.
It's reassuring and affirmation to learn others perceptions in their NDEs jibe.

I wish there was a topic heading for NDEs here at SF where we could tell our experiences and compare what we've learned from them. As it is I guess the place to post them would be under "Death and Afterlife", but I haven't seen many there.
Old 08-07-2016, 04:36 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnacle
Do we get reincarnated repeatedly into the future, or can we go back into the past?

The purpose of reincarnation is to grow in consciousness so what would be the point of returning to the past and relearning something you've already learned?
Old 08-07-2016, 02:12 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uma
The purpose of reincarnation is to grow in consciousness so what would be the point of returning to the past and relearning something you've already learned?

That is what they teach the masses in the temples, and it's a good talking point. Ramana Maharshi has unequivocally said: "Reincarnation exists only so long as there is ignorance. " (See link for details.)

http://www.hinduism.co.za/reincarn.htm
Old 08-07-2016, 02:15 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by MARDAV70
Thank you for the compliment, Still Waters. Lol...I wonder sometimes if I'm making my thoughts clear.
It's reassuring and affirmation to learn others perceptions in their NDEs jibe.

I wish there was a topic heading for NDEs here at SF where we could tell our experiences and compare what we've learned from them. As it is I guess the place to post them would be under "Death and Afterlife", but I haven't seen many there.

I think that it's important to have the direct experience, like yourself and myself, to even have a glimpse of this indescribable experience which cannot be expressed in words. Nonetheless, you expressed the inexpressible quite well.

Having said that, I am NOT saying that an NDE happening is the only way to experience this awesome glimpse of the reality.

Start a thread on NDEs and I'll contribute to it.