Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Past Lives & Reincarnation

Old 18-06-2016, 05:06 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeronknight
I'm quite confused on this one.
Are you saying that, the person who you are now. Does NOT reincarnate, but another spirit does, as you?

Hi Zeronknight - I do understand why this concept is a bit counter intuitive on the surface and appreciate your thoughtful question. To answer your question directly and to the point. Sort of but not exactly. You aka "Zeronknight" does not reincarnate <--- (I don't like this word because it's misleading for exactly this misunderstanding); however, another spirit does incarnate through your higher self.

Perhaps I can explain it a little better if I clarify the semantics I used. First and foremost, your soul is eternal. It has always existed and is sourced from what is considered original source -- commonly referred to as God or the Creator. Accordingly, this soul co-exists with the incarnate life you are currently experiencing. As a matter of definition in understanding - I call this a soul or a higher self. It is the source of the "Whole You".

Conversely - the conscious awareness that exists as "Zeronknight" I simply refer to as a conscious or spirit. This is simply a distinction of the two competing ideas but the over-riding difference between conscious thought and your soul is that your consciousness (the spirit of who you are) is the sum of all your living experiences in this life just as your soul (higher self) is a super consciousness that is the sum (a collection) of all your different incarnate experiences that have ever existed. I bring this up because I believe it is important to make the distinction between these micro and macro states of existence.

Having said that - it is true that it is possible to tap into another incarnate experience through what is called a past life regression. In fact I have done it numerous times into several different lives. What I have learned is that each of these lives were independent of this life "Semper" is living. More to the point these past lives are not my life. What I mean is they do not belong to "Semper" per se. The spirit or consciousness of that life is unique unto itself just as this life I am experiencing now is "My Life" -- not some future life of a past life. What ties these different and unique incarnate experiences is they belong to the same higher self that sourced you in the here and now. Accordingly - you don't regress to a past life directly. Instead you gain access by proxy through the soul or your higher self. Ultimately, for me, the key to understanding is not done by connecting to past life but by making that connection to your higher self. The truth is - in most cases past lives are irrelevant to this life and you should not get hung up on them. Past life regression is more of a perk than it is or should be a goal - it's a little reward for having a closer connection to the "Whole You".

A man who has not passed through the inferno of his passions has not overcome them.

-- Carl Jung

Last edited by SemperVI : 18-06-2016 at 06:34 PM.
Old 18-06-2016, 06:47 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by SemperVI
Hi Zeronknight - I do understand why this concept is a bit counter intuitive on the surface and appreciate your thoughtful question. To answer your question directly and to the point. Sort of but not exactly. You aka "Zeronknight" does not reincarnate <--- (I don't like this word because it's misleading for exactly this misunderstanding); however, another spirit does incarnate through your higher self.

Perhaps I can explain it a little better if I clarify the semantics I used. First and foremost, your soul is eternal. It has always existed and is sourced from what is considered original source -- commonly referred to as God or the Creator. Accordingly, this soul co-exists with the incarnate life you are currently experiencing. As a matter of definition in understanding - I call this a soul or a higher self. It is the source of the "Whole You".

Conversely - the conscious awareness that exists as "Zeronknight" I simply refer to as a conscious or spirit. This is simply a distinction of the two competing ideas but the over-riding difference between conscious thought and your soul is that your consciousness (the spirit of who you are) is the sum of all your living experiences in this life just as your soul (higher self) is a super consciousness that is the sum (a collection) of all your different incarnate experiences that have ever existed. I bring this up because I believe it is important to make the distinction between these micro and macro states of existence.

Having said that - it is true that it is possible to tap into another incarnate experience through what is called a past life regression. In fact I have done it numerous times into several different lives. What I have learned is that each of these lives were independent of this life "Semper" is living. More to the point these past lives are not my life. What I mean is they do not belong to "Semper" per se. The spirit or consciousness of that life is unique unto itself just as this life I am experiencing now is "My Life" -- not some future life of a past life. What ties these different and unique incarnate experiences is they belong to the same higher self that sourced you in the here and now. Accordingly - you don't regress to a past life directly. Instead you gain access by proxy through the soul or your higher self. Ultimately, for me, the key to understanding is not done by connecting to past life but by making that connection to your higher self. The truth is - in most cases past lives are irrelevant to this life and you should not get hung up on them. Past life regression is more of a perk than it is or should be a goal - it's a little reward for having a closer connection to the "Whole You".

Nice post, SemperVI and a great reply. There are a lot of very interesting experiences on this thread.

Thanks to you and all for sharing.

Peace & blessings,
7L

Here we must be unafraid of what is difficult.

For all living beings in nature must unfold in their particular way

and become themselves despite all opposition.

-- Rainer Maria Rilke
Old 18-06-2016, 06:49 PM
Master
Quote:
No - and here is why I believe this. Just as God is the sum of ALL experience. Your soul (higher self) is the sum of all incarnate experience. When your spirit (conscious) leaves your body it will return to your eternal soul. A soul or higher self that existed before this incarnation and will continue to exist after this incarnation. While it is certainly possible that you and by proxy your soul will observe another incarnate experience - it will not be the same spirit or consciousness that you are experiencing now. It will be completely different, with a different purpose. The point is - this incarnate life you are experiencing now will become part of a bigger picture if you will and will exist in conjunction with your higher self both as part of the sum of the soul as well as the unique conscious experience.

I like this very much...the bird's eye view of the soul.
It's all You in the meta sense...just not in the separate incarnation sense, which makes perfect sense -- as far as all this sensing goes

Peace & blessings
7L

Here we must be unafraid of what is difficult.

For all living beings in nature must unfold in their particular way

and become themselves despite all opposition.

-- Rainer Maria Rilke
Old 18-06-2016, 07:43 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7luminaries
It's all You in the meta sense...

Exactly 7L!!!!! This life is a chapter in the book of a soul that exists in the library of the verses of existence. Shared expressions, similar context - different stories -- all in an effort toward obtaining a greater universal understanding of "Who Am I"?

A man who has not passed through the inferno of his passions has not overcome them.

-- Carl Jung
Old 18-06-2016, 08:08 PM
Ascender

Quote:

This is very similar to what Bob Olsen says in his book about The Afterlife.

The you, that is the entity that is having a subjective experience now, does not return so you don't have to worry about enduring this ****ty planet again. Neither do you cease to exist as that 'you'. That 'you' best described as your POV in this life carries on in a higher level of consciousness in an environment most suited to you, that is thought responsive. And 'you' will be able to reacquaint with all the other POVS that you knew in this life ie family & friends. All individuality is still retained
Old 18-06-2016, 08:22 PM
Administrator
I have lived many lifetimes but now i walk my final path i didnt want to be born into this life,i have seen much suffered much more.more than some people will ever understand,i have no desire to ever reincarnate ever again.

Namaste
Old 19-06-2016, 06:21 AM
Seeker

Quote:

So me. "Zeronknight" does not incarnate into another incarnation. What happens to me then? I become with my higher self, for example. I talk to my higher self, but I am NOT my higher self? If that makes any sense.
Old 19-06-2016, 10:17 AM
Experiencer
Sure it makes sense! That's a really good question and I am certain there are many answers to this question depending on who you ask. I do know that you will be one with your higher-self. I also know you will remember everything you have forgotten before you entered this life and it will reveal a much higher understanding than you can even imagine. I believe that what ever you wish to happen to you - will happen to you.

Take Native Spirit's response above for example.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Native spirit
I have lived many lifetimes but now i walk my final path i didnt want to be born into this life,i have seen much suffered much more.more than some people will ever understand,i have no desire to ever reincarnate ever again.

While I certainly don't speak for her - I can certainly relate to what she said and even speculate that perhaps she and her higher self is ready to return to the original source or maybe Native Spirit's divine soul is preparing to contribute to a higher calling from another realm. The point is - Native Spirit already recognizes the nature of this cycle and she is prepared for these transitions and it's evident from the majority of her contributions to this forum. I have heard others say they would like to slumber or maybe become a guiding spirit or a divine healer. The one thing I do believe is certain - you will have options and will manifest what you believe you deserve, is capable of and where you higher purpose can be best served.

I too have often wondered - what will "Semper" do. First and foremost - I want to look after my children, my extended family and my friends that are still living and help in any way I can. I know if the opportunity presents itself - I am going to mess with them... lol. I want to watch the next generations and if I am lucky - maybe even stay in there memories. However - In time I am certain the living will forget who I am and when this happens -- I hope to continue to learn and grow. Maybe offer some insight in some future incarnation of my higher self - maybe offer my experiences as a past life regression. I am confident - I will figure it out when I need to. For now - I am content living in this place and time. I am exactly where I need to be doing exactly what I need to do.

Perhaps the question you should consider pondering is - what do you want to happen to yourself?

-- Carl Jung
Old 20-06-2016, 04:39 AM
Guide
I do not believe a neat, linear progression of lives. I do remember many, many other lives, but I don't technically consider them "past" lives so much as the experiences that other parts of my being are having simultaneously (which my conscious mind can't fully comprehend due to the mind being divided). Due to the unfathomably vast nature of our universe and of our very souls, I cannot be at peace with anything so simple, so cut-and-dry as the belief that we reincarnate on Earth (of allllllllllllll places in the universe, of all realms in which there are unlimited expressions of will and love and consciousness) infinitely, over and over until we've met some arbitrary ideal or standard that grants us access beyond it. What I remember of death is, primarily, a dissolution of the illusion of separateness. I remember that there can be resistance, there is a choice; we can remain within the lower-vibrational realms, and retain a shadow of our earthly selves, and dwell within the "astral plane" (the layer that humanity's collective unconscious dwells within and creates continuously). And, not only does the illusion of separateness dissolve-- but also, our consciousness finally becomes unfettered and reconnected with the collective consciousness of the universe, with every cell and being and spirit within, so that we can move with it in unison above this place if we so wish and unfurl into our true, boundless forms. On Earth, we are simply condensed and compartmentalized forms of this, of spirit and light and shadow.

(Erm... Sorry, as usual, my post was gibberish but I tried to stay somewhat on topic! Short answer: Nope, not gonna reincarnate here again. I find it limiting. '..For stillness brings death and slowness brings fear..')
Old 20-06-2016, 07:45 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unseelie Queen
I do not believe a neat, linear progression of lives. I do remember many, many other lives, but I don't technically consider them "past" lives so much as the experiences that other parts of my being are having simultaneously (which my conscious mind can't fully comprehend due to the mind being divided). Due to the unfathomably vast nature of our universe and of our very souls, I cannot be at peace with anything so simple, so cut-and-dry as the belief that we reincarnate on Earth (of allllllllllllll places in the universe, of all realms in which there are unlimited expressions of will and love and consciousness) infinitely, over and over until we've met some arbitrary ideal or standard that grants us access beyond it. What I remember of death is, primarily, a dissolution of the illusion of separateness. I remember that there can be resistance, there is a choice; we can remain within the lower-vibrational realms, and retain a shadow of our earthly selves, and dwell within the "astral plane" (the layer that humanity's collective unconscious dwells within and creates continuously). And, not only does the illusion of separateness dissolve-- but also, our consciousness finally becomes unfettered and reconnected with the collective consciousness of the universe, with every cell and being and spirit within, so that we can move with it in unison above this place if we so wish and unfurl into our true, boundless forms. On Earth, we are simply condensed and compartmentalized forms of this, of spirit and light and shadow.

(Erm... Sorry, as usual, my post was gibberish but I tried to stay somewhat on topic! Short answer: Nope, not gonna reincarnate here again. I find it limiting. '..For stillness brings death and slowness brings fear..')

I don't think is is gibberish at all! More importantly you're probably right about the whole non-linear chronology of incarnate experience from the perspective of the natural state and home of the "Whole You". But that is not what's happening in the here and now. In this 3 dimensional construct of space and time we are materialized -- it is linear and chronological and we are trapped in it's current with no physical way to escape. I don't know why this is, but I know it is by design and we do not have a choice but to endure it. In this context - It is important we acknowledge it and recognize past lives as the past for the sake of clarity...

-- Carl Jung