Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Healing

Old 17-01-2017, 07:38 PM
Newbie ;)

Red face do we keep other people's energies in our hearts?

Whenever I meditate I find different people inside my heart - people that I've loved. I still keep them in my heart which is not very good because my mind tends to wander towards thinking about them. For example, I feel like my father has had a huge influence in my life and often I don't feel like myself at all - more like him. And this really bothers me because I want to feel ONLY like myself. I have no clue how to cope with this sort of thing. How can I release all of the people that I'm keeping and find myself again?
Old 22-01-2017, 01:49 AM
Pathfinder

Try taking a trip away from other people for a bit and find things YOU like versus don't like. Someone once told me that I feel what others feel and I needed to keep a journal of what I thought verses what others thought. I couldn't figure it out. But maybe you can! :) I only liked things or disliked things because of whomever I was around! Hope I helped!
Old 23-01-2017, 12:45 AM
Newbie ;)

all feelings are generated by a belief, so you have unconscious beliefs creating that reaction... those people are still helping to surface what is unhealed...

and every persons energy is connected directly to source ... if it seems like you have gotten someone elses energy then its simply because you have chosen on an unconscious level to feel them... when you get shaktipat, or kundalini initiation it is not the shaktipat masters energy that awakens you, they urge your own energy to mimic their own and your energy will act like theirs whos awakened.
Old 26-01-2017, 11:10 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by ytho5
Whenever I meditate I find different people inside my heart - people that I've loved. I still keep them in my heart which is not very good because my mind tends to wander towards thinking about them. For example, I feel like my father has had a huge influence in my life and often I don't feel like myself at all - more like him. And this really bothers me because I want to feel ONLY like myself. I have no clue how to cope with this sort of thing. How can I release all of the people that I'm keeping and find myself again?
I'd say this is a curious form of Codependency where others are more important than you. The only thing I ever found to break the patterns of Codependency is with Self-esteem and self respect work. "I matter!" It may feel weird and selfish to begin taking your self seriously and with loving respect but you may soon begin feeling more like you than some other person. Google: self esteem and self respect and get started doing what they tell you. It kind of comes down to "I'm OK!" but it might take a while to actually feel that.
good luck
Old 02-02-2017, 08:27 PM
Newbie ;)

Thank you all so much, I do feel the need to be on my own, to figure out who I am separate from all those people. I've been the perfect child for so long and now I'm failing as an adult... I've always made others happy and never even thought about myself. And even when I do there is this feeling of selfishness involved, as if it's not the right thing to do. I often feel like my mind has been almost hijacked - poisoned with all those beliefs and it's really hard to deal with.
Old 02-02-2017, 08:30 PM
Newbie ;)

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Branflakes0609
Try taking a trip away from other people for a bit and find things YOU like versus don't like. Someone once told me that I feel what others feel and I needed to keep a journal of what I thought verses what others thought. I couldn't figure it out. But maybe you can! :) I only liked things or disliked things because of whomever I was around! Hope I helped!

This is a really nice idea, I'll give it a try!!
Old 03-02-2017, 04:11 AM
Deactivated Account
Oppressive parenting

Quote:
Originally Posted by ytho5
I've been the perfect child for so long and now I'm failing as an adult... I've always made others happy and never even thought about myself. And even when I do there is this feeling of selfishness involved, as if it's not the right thing to do. I often feel like my mind has been almost hijacked - poisoned with all those beliefs and it's really hard to deal with.
OUCH!
Some Tyrant really did a NUMBER on you!
All of that seems like very OPPRESSIVE, TYRANICAL, CONTROLLING parenting to me.
I'd go find a counselor or therapist and get FREE of all that horrible OPPRESSION.
Good luck