Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Past Lives & Reincarnation

Old 19-08-2016, 07:48 PM
Pathfinder
Where do ghosts fit in the reincarnation belief system?

I believe in ghosts, I lived in a haunted house without a doubt so that's inevitable. However, I strongly believe in reincarnation too. I'm not sure how those two believes fit in together... I believe that when someone dies, their energy will remain with their loved ones for as long as they need before moving on to the next life. But an energy form and a person who is there-but-not-there altogether, is entirely different.

Is it a conscious decision to remain on earth as a spirit without any other purpose than to make your presence known?

Are ghosts simply echoes of times past?

When would a ghost move on to their next life form, or is being a ghost a life in itself?

Anyway, I just wondered and if anyone has any ideas that could put my mind to rest I'd greatly appreciate that!
Old 19-08-2016, 08:10 PM
Experiencer
I guess there are different scenarios but I believe the most common is a "someone" who refuses to be helped by higher workers and it is kind of lost here on earth, sometimes looking for revenge and humam pleasures. Sometimes they don't realise they are actually dead, sometimes they want to be around their relatives etc etc
Old 20-08-2016, 12:33 AM
Master

It is my belief that not ever one is redy for there after life . Some dont know there dead , like there young and got in an accdent . Some believe there going to burn in hell and there not in any hurry to get there .
Old 20-08-2016, 12:34 AM
Deactivated Account
-Some of the 'passive' sightings of ghosts/apparitions may be the result of strong residual energy from past events/experiences that could have left an 'imprint' of sorts. In these instances there really isn't any interaction going on with the living (incarnate humans)...

-The hauntings & paranormal experiences where there is some degree of interference with our physical reality and interaction going on - this could be from discarnate spirits who previously experienced human lifetimes here and for whatever reason maintain a strong emotional connection to this physical dimension and simply do not want to let go and crossover to whatever plane or dimension that the natural process of transitioning would take them to. Sometimes theer is a strong attachment to a particular location. In the NDE/Thanatology literature - there is a suggestion that during the 'death' process, one will go through the process/experience of having to fully face one's own nature, that everything will be exposed and made transparent in the light. So perhaps there could be some fear and internal resistance for certain Souls with regards to having to face themselves and go through that...

-It's unclear to what extent and under what conditions other forms of Spirits or Energies can manifest in this dimension and interact/interfere with our physical reality. A bit of a mystery if you ask me...

Just my subjective perspective and speculation...

~WOLF
Old 20-08-2016, 12:44 AM
Guide

From what I've heard and read, reincarnation isn't instantaneous. Soul groups supposedly wait until all or most have passed and then plan the next incarnations so that they can arrange relationships and interrractions with each other. I've heard often it is 20-80 years between death and birth. I see no reason why it couldn't be less or more. I guess someone reincarnates when the time is right, no matter when that might be.

So in that period of time between dying and being ready to give incarnation another go, perhaps some choose to interact with the living. These would be souls that went to the light, and are now in an in-between state where they are able to move between the two realms.

Maybe the want to watch their grandchildren growing up, or try to guide a dear friend who has a rough go of things. Lots of reasons why someone might want to pop in and check on things after passing.

I also believe that some stubborn spirits simply refuse to move toward the light and instead cling to the physical world. Maybe because they want to continue whatever habits or addictions they had in life, or just fear of moving on.

Just my thoughts, though. I certainly can't prove anything.
Old 20-08-2016, 11:34 AM
Master
The ghosts will remain until such time that they are ready to crossover and start with life between life. It takes different times for each ghost to cross over or the residual to disappear completely. Some just need to be told by mediums mostly that they are dead and be helped to crossover while others know they are dead but they refuse to cross over for various reasons like attachment, seeking justice, fear, etc It is only once they have crossed over that they will decide whether they want to reincarnate and when and where and other details pertaining to reincarnation.