Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Wicca

Old 17-06-2015, 11:52 AM
Ascender
Devoting my self

Hi every one. I am in need of advice.

You see I have been a solo practicing wiccan for many years and have went through many paths and gods. I have met so many amazing beings on my journey to discover my true path and my god and goddess of worship.
In the begging of this I only just formally met my guide who has been with me cents day one. But just getting into the Wiccan path with some knowledge already acquired, I look for a god and goddess to honour and worship. I have looked very well at all the different gods and goddesses. But none spoke out to me. Even while meditating on them non came. But one day I decided to look up the Egyptian gods and goddesses. The first one to pop out at me was Anubis. I instantly felt a connection with him. So I meditated on him and asked if he would like to be my god of worship. I turn he said no but his father may want to. I looked up his father to see it was Osiris and I agreed. His father also agreed and I asked his wife Isis to be my goddess mainly because,especially after reading their story, I only saw it fit. Next thing I knew the started to come to me in visions and dreams with gifts and one of them was me drinking from a bowl that Osiris presented to me in his throne room. I had so so many wonderful experiences and then I stared to view them more then just a god and goddess. I started to view them like family, a family in spirit that I feel always watches over me. But now came the time I wanted to devote my self to a god and goddess.
I know a lot of people say you could only devote your self to only one. But Osiris and Isis are underrate able in my mind. They are like atoms that you can not separate and if you do it's no longer the same. It's like a flower with out light. It could survive but only that. But when I did some meditation I felt like they wanted me to devote my self to Zeus. Now I see Zeus like a father. I see him as some one I can talk to about almost any thing. He's like a dear friend. He has blessed me and helped me many many times. But that's it. In my heart I feel like I should devote my self to Osiris and Isis but these attached feeling that I have is in the way.
After all I have said, what do you think I should do?
I also wish to add that I decided to do my devotional ritual to Osiris and Isis but I still have this hurt sort of feeling, not strong or bad, but still there.
Old 17-06-2015, 10:07 PM
Master
Dont feel hurt or guilty just let your love and devotion flow where it needs to at the time ,one may suit a situation or moment in time for you better than the other ,for me its just allowing that awesome magical power thats everywhere acknowledgement and giving it a vessel to shine through......
Old 18-06-2015, 12:55 AM
Knower
I have always looked at multiple gods and goddesses as a part of the same whole. To me, choosing a god or goddess to pray to is akin to asking the overall whole to hear your prayer and send the aspects those gods or goddesses embody to you for whatever you are trying to accomplish.

as a side note for example, lately i have felt a pull toward Odin. mainly for his valor and honor among other things he represents. These are things that I feel, need to be mirrored within myself. Odin is not my god, but rather the embodiment of certain aspects of source.

i hope this helps you even just a little bit. much love.
Old 27-06-2015, 08:24 PM
Ascender
Thank you for your advice you guys. This does help me a lot. Sorry for the late reply, life's been hectic lately.