Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Wicca

Old 21-01-2015, 05:29 AM
Master

Glad you weren't offended Do you know have a particular tradition in mind that you would like to learn about? There are quite a number of them - B.T.W.; Dianic; Gardnerian, Georgian; Pecti-Wicca; North Country; Dianic; Alexandrian; Asatru; West Country; Arthurian; Kitchen Witch; Hedge Witch or Myrk Rider; Hereditary and so on.
Old 21-01-2015, 09:09 AM
Master
Treehugger, my basic "learning" was entirely unconscious. I began roaming the Northern moors and dales at 16 when I bought my first motorbike. I was born and bred in a heavy industrial area on the North-East coast [chemicals, ship building, steel, coal mines].
That first motorbike was my freedom steed ! My first journey up one of the dales was traumatic, I came unravelled at the road side, could not believe such beauty existed and that set the tone for the next 30 years. I roamed and the Land/Nature taught me without my knowing. I became a volunteer National Park warden and got involved in conservation. It was then that I first became aware of Wicca and joined an on-line forum. A "retired" HPS recognised me for what I was - not wiccan but a Cunning Man and then all the roaming and wandering fell into place. My "conversion" was instantaneous, I knew certain things instinctively and was able to commune with Ancestral/Nature Spirits, for example and one Nature Spirit in particular became my guide.
So, Treehugger, that's the tale of my "training". My "temple" is a small valley with a waterfall, my altar is a flat rock in the waterfall. Any rituals are mostly concerned with invoking the Lords of the Powers of the Elements and, for the rest, I make them up on the spot. Purely solitary and Extreme "Green". My "talents" as such are purely local to the moors and dales, I have become part of that Land.
Old 21-01-2015, 03:40 PM
Master

Some people have all the luck, lol - I miss my Yorkshire so much it hurts sometimes!

But really, wherever you are, you need to connect with the land and LISTEN and FEEL. If you take your time the land spirits WILL speak to you, not everyone is as attuned as Norseman obviously was, but it will happen if you're open to it.
Old 21-01-2015, 06:51 PM
Deactivated Account

TreeHugger It's OK to begin with studying and understanding the many current and formal flavors and colors of the Wicca Traditions. Spend some introspection time evaluating an eclectic approach to the path you seek. Honor the Tradition by your demeanor and way of life. Create a permanent sacred space in your home or dwelling for an altar and chest of tools. Practice visualization because this the key to all magick. Ritual words are only tools to facilitate mental imagery. It is the mental image that wafts between worlds to influence probabilities. Spend time in solitary circle in communion with the realm of Spirit to establish an affinity with a Spirit Guide (God/Goddess). Your power and wisdom will be proportionate to sincerity and time and effort invested. The Witch stands in circle with one foot on earth and the other in the heavens. We have become "walkers between worlds", benevolent stewards of all over which we have dominion and an instrument and presence in which Spirit resides.
Old 22-01-2015, 09:08 AM
Master
Shekinah, I agree with much that you say. "Influencing probabilities" - that is a true definition of "magic". The energies come from Earth itself and the adept acts as a channel, directing it to a desired outcome. If you accept that all possible outcomes already exist, mostly in the tails of a normal distribution [The Bell-shaped curve], then influencing the probabilities is the best way to describe what happens. Obviously there are mental disciplines involved - focus, intent, the Quiet Mind.
"One foot on Earth, the other in the heavens". The Cunning Folk are different. We have one foot on Earth [The Mundane Realm] and the other in Underworld [The Spirit Realm]. There are drawbacks, a price to pay. The more times you "stride the hedge"/"walk the wind", it becomes more and more easy to "journey", the downside is that it becomes harder and harder to come back. Most Cunning Folk are eccentric to say the least, a blend of witch and shaman.
Old 26-01-2015, 07:48 PM
Knower
Thank you for your help, Jenny Crow, Norseman & Shekinah. I've read your words over more than once.

I definitely lean toward a nature based path with a deeper connection to a feminine/goddess deity. Gaia and Luna have been the goddesses I feel the most connected to with a hint of Greenman as I love the spirits of the forest. I have never seen them or communicated with any deity, I just kind of feel a presence with me when I'm out walking in nature, gazing at the night sky or even, like today, watching the snow fall. I don't really know how to classify myself, if I fit in to a class at all?

I am still on my (self proclaimed) Year and a Day journey, learning all I can, keeping what speaks to me and setting aside what doesn't. I felt that I might disrespect by jumping in without knowing origins and traditions. I've done a few basic rituals like lighting candles and bonfires on the Sabbats, collecting and cleansing tools and crystals that have meaning to me, but I have not cast a circle yet with a dedication ritual.

I apologize to Lamaas for taking over this thread. I didn't mean to make it about me it just kind of detoured that way.
Old 27-01-2015, 05:00 AM
Master

You're very welcome Treehugger, I have a feeling you will be just fine in your spiritual journey - Goddess bless
Old 27-01-2015, 05:28 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenny Crow
You're very welcome Treehugger, I have a feeling you will be just fine in your spiritual journey - Goddess bless

Thank you, Jenny Crow. That means a lot to me. Goddess bless you too!
Old 28-02-2015, 06:50 AM
bl4z3sh1ft

This was an interesting post to find. Although dreams do not pull me to Wicca, something that I can't explain does and the pull has been intensifying for the last few months. For many years--before I knew that Wicca existed--I've caught myself stepping outside my house, by myself at night and chanting ritualistic affirmations in Latin. Sometimes I would hold a stone or soil as I chanted.

I'd perform my own rituals and didn't realize they were spells--and they worked! Lately though, they've been working much faster and I don't know why.
Old 01-03-2015, 04:32 AM
Master

Probably because you've refined the art of your own special way of spellcasting