Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Wicca

Old 05-11-2014, 04:46 AM
Knower
Dreams Pulling Me Toward Wicca!?

I was born and raised a Spiritualist, but I never found much solace in it. My soul always longed for more, so I started exploring religion and philosophy during high school. I was primarily drawn to Neoplatonism, but I was also pulled to Wicca. Without a teacher, I had no clue what I was doing, so I resorted to grabbing every Cunningham and Buckland book I could find. I had mixed results after several months of exploration, so eventually I moved on. During the following decade, I have become quite the accomplished mystic in the Rosicrucian tradition, however, part of my heart is still attached to Wicca for some reason. In the past few days, I have had several interesting dreams. In the first dream, I encountered a strange goddess, sitting on a throne of antlers, in a wintry forest. She told me to, "prepare thyself this winter." In the second dream, I found myself standing in front of an altar, with a pentacle (just like the one you see in the Tarot) and a curled up snake on it. Snakes, as far as I know, are initiators, so that is very interesting.
Old 05-11-2014, 01:55 PM
Master
we are our own teachers...and have to follow our own path...
Old 06-11-2014, 04:55 AM
Master

Wonderful dreams, Lamaas, I think they're very deep and meaningful for you.
Old 06-11-2014, 06:02 PM
Experiencer

Very interesting dreams, Lamaas. I would take them seriously. What do you think the Goddess wishes you to prepare for? I don't mean to intrude on your privacy, but did you examine that command?
Old 12-01-2015, 12:17 AM
Pinkfox

RHello, Lamaas

I was brought up in the Spiritualist Church, too. I started going with my Dad and sister when I was 5 or 6. We liked going as Dad would take us for a knickerbocker Glory. For those who don't know this gorgeous feast, it's a tall glass with fruit cocktail at the bottom then layers of different ice cream topped with a syrup of your choice and nuts on top of a big dollop of thick real double cream and a cherry on top. That was in a Wimpy bar. Macdonalds hadn't come here yet! Sorry, going off track! I still believe in it all but I, like you and many others felt a call to 'something' else. At eighteen and a lone, single, white, very gullible female, I met a guy who said he was a Warlock, Witch as I now know. He read my Tarot with the Celtic spread. I can't remember all he said those forty �� years ago but he did say I had much power. I bought a Waite Tarot pack and started teaching myself. The very first reading I did was for my boss' daughter in the hotel I lived and worked in. It was so accurate, I surprised not just her but myself as well. Throughout my life I've had odd things happen.e.g. Asking spirit, God, Universe, anyone who was listening, to bring back my man and clutched his picture. This was at three am. (Twenty years ago.)Three fifteen he called me! I hadn't seen him for over three weeks. I've learned since finding Wicca that it's not a good thing to do, as your making someone do something against their will. I know now that it's why we had a very stormy relationship and short marriage. He was a cheater. Also, he gave his ex wife my car and said he sold it. I saw her in it a few days later and was furious. I said I hope the damn thing blows up. The very next week it was outside her kids school with the bonnet up and steam coming out!
I've been single eight years and Wicca found me two years ago. Like you I went nuts buying books. I read bits here and there in my nearly thirty hard copies and about the same in Ebooks. I often said I was a witch. Felt drawn to the moon. Called it My Moon and talked to it. I found Wicca by happy chance. I read an email late at night and there was a tiny advert about kitchen herbs and luck. It was a course. I bought it. It was very good and even cried in places, as I new that this was what I'd been looking for all my life.
I've dreamed and 'seen' snakes this past couple of nights. As clear as a sleek black cat with golden eyes that sat on my bed in America last year. I don't have a cat. My dogs didn't notice it. We stared into each other's eyes, I looked at the dogs, snoring, looked back it was gone but I felt it walk along the bed.
I don't think these snakes are a threat to you, they are warm creatures and some are quite loving as are Wiccans.

Much love and light to you

Pinkfox56 ❤️

Last edited by Pinkfox : 12-01-2015 at 03:12 AM.
Old 16-01-2015, 11:42 AM
Master
@Pinkfox/Lammas.
Personal point of view - reading book after book is a mistake in my opinion. Books will not impart knowledge of wicca, just opinions of others. It is the nature of wicca that you are missing. Wicca is not knowledge-based, it is more emotions and experiences. I moved onto the deeper levels some time back but it still applies to wicca [the junior partner ]
Wicca is an individual belief system which has Witchcraft at the core. That sums it up. British Traditional Witchcraft, wrapped in a quasi-religion made up of deep respect for the natural world and aspects of earlier fertility religions. The key word is INFORMALITY ! You need to develop your own set of beliefs based on your own EXPERIENCES - book knowledge does not come into it, neither does learning rituals.
Another thing to consider are the differences between British and American Wicca. Consider this. Wicca, based on British Traditional Witchcraft, grew out of British Pagan culture, history, lore, etc and British Traditional Witchcraft still thrives in Britain - so the roots are still alive and healthy.
Notice I am very careful not to offer advice, no "how to do". It's a path where you have to find your own way.
Best of luck
Old 19-01-2015, 04:08 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by norseman
@Pinkfox/Lammas.
Another thing to consider are the differences between British and American Wicca. Consider this. Wicca, based on British Traditional Witchcraft, grew out of British Pagan culture, history, lore, etc and British Traditional Witchcraft still thrives in Britain - so the roots are still alive and healthy.

norseman, how would you describe American Wicca? Can you point out the differences between American and BTW? Is it just the eclectic aspect of American or do you see a deeper divide?
Old 20-01-2015, 06:44 AM
Master

I'm not answering for Norseman here, but wanted to answer your question from my point of view.

Please don't be offended with what I'm about to say but I don't know how else to say it:- I would describe American Wicca, on the whole, as a watered-down, fluffy-bunny, eclectic, mixed up version of B.T.W.

Due to all these Llewellyn books flooding the market containing different versions of what the authors believe to be Wicca and all the misinformation on the internet I believe there are very few people practicing anything close to the original tradition. All the time I see people posting on different forums and sites that they don't like to to follow instructions or follow the traditional way of doing things, which is OK to a point, but how much can you change or leave out of a tradition before it is not that tradition any longer? I feel that it shouldn't be called "Wicca" any more - maybe neo-Wicca. I realize you can tread a spiritual path of your own making and have it work well for you but unless you're following the rites don't call it Wicca.

There are pockets of people who practice the old tradition but they mainly keep unto themselves and rarely is an outsider invited in which unfortunately makes it difficult for anyone to get trained in the old ways.
Old 20-01-2015, 09:35 AM
Master
Jenny knows my thoughts
However, I do have something to add. Wicca was born out of British Traditional Witchcraft which was born out of a pagan culture, history, lore, and traditions. America was born out of an extremist christian sect !
It is a mistake to think of Britain as a christian country. Christianity was only ever a thin skin in Britain, mostly the rulers and their entourage in the Anglo-Saxon courts. The "common folk" remained pagan and consulted their Cunning Folk over most aspects of rural life.
People tend to ignore Culture but it is THE most important aspects of any society - mostly unwritten but widely understood on a deep emotional level. It's in our blood and bones. When I roam the moors and dales, I walk in my ancestors footsteps all the way back to the Neolithic and I become them. As Jenny has said before, I am a primitive pagan Cunning Man

Just one thing where I don't agree with Jenny. You cannot be taught the Old Ways, you have to live and experience them.
Old 20-01-2015, 09:21 PM
Knower
Thank you, Jenny Crow and Norseman. I appreciate your replies.

Jenny, I am not offended by what you said at all, and I am an American. I completely understand and agree with what you said. Maybe it's my age that makes me WANT to respect tradition and follow the old ways. I think it's rather arrogant for someone to say they want to follow a tradition but only pick and choose and rearrange things to their own liking. Being solitary, I only have the written word to gain knowledge from. Are there books/authors that you recommend?

Norseman, I envy your freedom. Were did you learn the Old Ways?