Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Healing

Closed Thread

Old 08-02-2007, 09:55 PM
VelocityKendo

Healing mantras..

If you feel bad, have a disease (physically as well as mentally), suffer from a malaise, or just feel week, I suggest listening and/or singing at the same time, Hindu healing mantras.. I know four Hindu healing mantras which are: Gayatri Mantra, Shiva Shambho Mantra, Govindam Mantra and Govinda Jaya Jaya Mantra. They will give you much energy. Furthermore, they will help you feel better. In fact, it is a well known fact that mantras are scientifically proven to be very beneficial to the organism.

Sources: if you are interested in reading more about the fact that mantras are beneficial to the organism.. Here are some scientific articles:
_http://www.sanatansociety.org/indian...ra_mantras.htm
_(In french)..
http://www.quebecplus.ca/feature/san...ditation_1.jsp
Old 09-02-2007, 05:55 PM
cweiters

Thank you VelosityKendo this experience was wonderful. My favorite one was the Ganesha mantras I listen to it over and over again very soothing, thank you.

Love to all
cw

Quote:
Originally Posted by VelocityKendo
If you feel bad, have a disease (physically as well as mentally), suffer from a malaise, or just feel week, I suggest listening and/or singing at the same time, Hindu healing mantras.. I know four Hindu healing mantras which are: Gayatri Mantra, Shiva Shambho Mantra, Govindam Mantra and Govinda Jaya Jaya Mantra. They will give you much energy. Furthermore, they will help you feel better. In fact, it is a well known fact that mantras are scientifically proven to be very beneficial to the organism.

Sources: if you are interested in reading more about the fact that mantras are beneficial to the organism.. Here are some scientific articles:
_http://www.sanatansociety.org/indian...ra_mantras.htm
_(In french)..
http://www.quebecplus.ca/feature/san...ditation_1.jsp
Old 09-02-2007, 06:15 PM
kundalini

Hi VelocityKendo,

Thanks for the links. I shall be looking over these, thanks again, Kundalini.
Old 09-02-2007, 08:06 PM
VelocityKendo

You are both welcome, I am glad you like it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cweiters
Thank you VelcsityKendo this experience was wonderful. My favorite one was the Ganesha mantras I listen to it over and over again very soothing, thank you.

Love to all
cw
There is one mantra that I can sing and/or listen to all day long, it is "Shiva Shambho".
Old 09-02-2007, 08:18 PM
cweiters

Are you able to sing with consistant volume control? This just amaze me, I often try to maintain the same volume when I chant, easier said than done. Harish Johari is an amazing person, so the same for you VelocityKendo.+

Love to all
cw

Quote:
Originally Posted by VelocityKendo
You are both welcome, I am glad you like it.

There is one mantra that I can sing and/or listen to all day long, it is "Shiva Shambho".
Old 09-02-2007, 08:43 PM
VelocityKendo

I am able to sing with a constant volume control; yes. Nevertheless, I have been into buddhism, Taoism and Hinduism for years.. Thus I have also been chant mantras for a long time as well.
Old 11-02-2007, 12:52 AM
deltawaves

I saw Deva Premal perform recently in Australia and her Gayatri Mantra was deeply moving and enchanting. She encouraged us all in the audience to join in all her songs and I found myself intuitively knowing what sounds to make and the inflection, tone etc. Group chanting and singing is so powerful and transformational and bonding which is so important in an increasingly disconnected world. I also have some Tibetan Tara mantras on CD that always calm and stabilise my being. Thanks for the post and links!
Old 11-02-2007, 01:36 AM
Guide

When I do my healing sessions, I use sound, singing and chanting. Not only does it help raise vibration and knock loose stagnant energy, but I also find it gets the recipient in a deeper state much more quickly. Mantra's are awesome for meditation as well, as they can help to focus the mind, which other wise prefers to run all over the place with thoughts and ideas. For those who have trouble quieting the mind, I always recommend mantras or sounding. It is an invaluable tool to excellerate progress spiritually.

Chadley.
"Correcting oneself is correcting the whole world. The sun is simply bright. It does not correct anyone. Because it shines, the whole world is full of light. Transforming yourself is a means of giving light." ~~~~Ramana Maharshi
Old 11-02-2007, 09:36 AM
VelocityKendo

Quote:
Originally Posted by deltawaves
Group chanting and singing is so powerful and transformational and bonding which is so important in an increasingly disconnected world.
Yes that is right. Something else which is powerful is when people of the group play music. Chanting along instruments such as flutes, didgeridoos, balafons and djembes can be really enchanting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deltawaves
I also have some Tibetan Tara mantras on CD that always calm and stabilise my being. Thanks for the post and links!
I also have several Tibetan CDs,, notably lectures by a friend of mine who is a buddhist master. You might have heard of him, his name is Sogyal Rinpoche.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadley
. Mantra's are awesome for meditation
Of course they are great for meditation. They are even useless if not accompanied by meditation, or any kind of ritual. For example, it is not only by listening to healing mantras that one will recover, heal.
Old 11-02-2007, 12:49 PM
Master

Listen to two here

Try

http://http://www.geocities.com/sidd...rityunjaya.htm

and

http://www.geocities.com/siddhaashram/Gayatri.htm
Closed Thread