Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Affirmations

Old 24-02-2018, 05:56 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saenthessis

4) Ok they're hungry. They affirm they want food but they need to believe they already have it in order to get it physically. I mean they should mentally focus that they have it.

It's basically how I see it.
Actually they don't "need to believe they already have it in order to get it physically"; contradicting reality isn't helpful. They need to focus only on what they want, while putting aside what they don't want, and what they're afraid of happening, because those thoughts tend to materialize as well.
Old 24-02-2018, 06:07 PM
Newbie ;)

inavalan, that's exactly what I mean. My english isn't the best so I'm sorry if you misunderstand.
Old 25-02-2018, 03:32 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivani Devi
I honestly don't know what to think about this whole 'affirmation' business.
If people could get rich just by affirming it, why isn't everybody rich already?...
I just don't get it.
Very glad you posted this Shivani. I have been experiencing something alright, I have been convinced of it today. I do not know if what I speak here falls into the category of LOA, or affirmation. Or the realm of magic.

I have had a recent experience of manifestation I was not expecting like this, and this is getting strange for me..

First let me try and explain a bit. I wrote some affirmations out. I had last weekend gone out for a monthly pick up of a few things, and I have been looking for spiritual items for my altar- place of devotion. I went out with intent for a few items, and came back with many I had set out on, so I decided to try something. I wrote some affirmations out related to spiritual items, I used the general heading spiritual items. Then wrote out a layout with letters beneath of each item I was looking for specifically:

A. Gems, stones.
B. Candles.
C. Masks- for my altar.
D. Statuette- specifically Buddha.
E. Dishware/Glassware.

I wrote it as such, then turned it into a sigil. Omitted some letters- all vowels and starting letters. Then took from each word letters I chose that were left over.

So-
A. ST
B. LS.
C.SK.
D T
E. WR

Then took all letters and drew with them a symbol like sigil of interwoven letters, on a small piece of paper.

The intent was to place the paper in a small jar, and leave it until the intent manifested.

I wondered then, well how with limited finances this month could this manifest? I asked myself this, and answered, you know for once I'd like for that random extra income. And I then asked myself seriously and simply... you know you try this all the time and for the most part it works out- but you have yet to manifest this extra sudden income, then instead of feeling doubt I felt excited, sorta looked at it like a challenge. Final thought, that wouldn't be too hard would it?

Two days after on last Monday, came the news of an invite to shop- family member got a bonus. I was invited to go out do a shopping, and then Chinese for dinner.

So well throughout the week I expected and knew of an extra source of income, only not manifested for myself but for another, my mother whom had plans to do a shopping with me, and have Chinese.

Well the plans were for earlier this morning. We went out and I had intent to look for a few of the items I had written after a quick review and memory boost.

Went out and found butterfly napkin ring holders, and this was something I have been thinking on for a while, wanting more butterflies for my altar devotional area. Wanted candles and picked those up, as knew where to find them. Gems and stones were one on my list I found the most difficult I could see to happen so quick. I had read a thread here prior in the gemstone section, about Himalayan salt lamps and thought when I read it- this may be quicker. There in the store a Himalayan salt lamp. I put some sea glass I was considering away to make room in expenses. While I was there I realized I needed a candle holder for the candles and picked up a small one.

Next store went in got an extra mask- had this pretty much planned as I knew where to find them due to the previous visit. While getting the mask what do I find a yellow butterfly pin decoration perfect again for my devotional altar space. Picked it up, thought ah yellow- I still would like to find my red butterflies, some day. Went and looked a while in another aisle. Came back to the aisle with the yellow butterfly decorations, browsing checking the candles and then noticed two red butterflies a couple mere inches from the yellow butterfly. I checked the back of these to make sure they were able to be used in the area for my altar- I needed indeed a certain type of decorative butterfly that could be easily placed there, and sure enough I realized they would work.

Store two down. Mask off the list.

Get to the next store- herbal store, and browse about notice some incense- think while I am here why not, notice cones which I am running short on and could not find at the other stores. I think great- all the while in my mind I have this intent for items in the back of my mind, feeling that it is a little odd now, that I am finding so many things not on my list, but which I have recently thought about. So I check to see what kind of incense they have for cones, and find sandalwood. Errrrr, I had been wanting sandal wood again for quite a while and have been thinking about this recently as the other store does not stock this scent. Alright, I pick up a couple herbs while I am there as my mother is picking out some for herself. I went looking for essential oils, but very expensive.

Finally it is almost done. I ask my mother before we leave to save some cash if she can as I wanted her to check out the metaphysical store I had seen a while back around the area and I had wanted to check out. We leave the herbal store with ten dollars in hand, and head to the metaphysical store quick. We go inside I see a few Buddhas utterly expensive (the whole store is extremely expensive), we look around I only have ten to spend left, I find a small Butterfly design knick knack for 6, I said I like this, and keep it in mind, and keep looking. Everywhere looking for a less expensive Buddha. About to head out and find a small table near the entrance we hadn't spotted coming in, I see a small Buddha statue, I am like one more go.. look for price ten dollars. I am done.

I do not know what is going on with me here, or if this is all wishful imagination here on my part.

I came home with every thing intended on my list plus some- including the butterflies I had been thinking of, the sandalwood cone incense which were not originally on the list and pure surprises.

I came back I felt with everything but the dishware.

Except when you look at my list it says dishware/glassware. I had found two dark deep blue vases at the first store that I rather liked.

I got back and realized they would actually look nice with flowers I hope to grow this season.

Do we count those or?

Your question was well how would the affirmations work if someone is affirming something else.

I don't know.

I do not know why it is this has worked the way it has for me, and what to call it anymore with so many different labels out there. Is it affirmation? LOA? Manifestation? Or my own imagination? Perhaps it is indeed only my mind seeing that I have written the intent out and then it comes.

Perhaps it is circumstance, but my mind is prone to notice it more, as it unfolded as my thoughts have been on it?

When all is said and done, I am not sure if I am manifesting anything or simply perceiving it that way, but perhaps then perception plays a role with affirmations then?

Perhaps how you perceive it as happening is what draws it?

If you say perceive you want a raise but say your boss perceives you as lazy, why is it not considered perhaps the individual perceived the affirmation not as I want the raise, but as I want to work harder to earn this as that is the evident means closer to getting me to my goal- which is not a lazy thought, and sets the gears in motion?

Or maybe if I perceive and write I want a Buddha, some masks, candles, glassware, Gems- or hey I would like a Himalayan salt lamp, and why not throw in a partridge in a pear tree, and draw the thing in a letter symbolism, perhaps is the symbolism sets the gears, and the writing out affirmation is intent.

Or perhaps it isn't in the wanting of whatever it is, but the simple perception of changing perceptions?

Well I guess my answer is I don't really know the answer.

And perhaps will never know if I truly manifest, or merely perceive that I do.

Either way, something took place today the way I see it...

I sure wasn't expecting a Buddha statue and a salt lamp that soon.

Maybe that is it then.

The way we see it.

Edit- Forgot. I defaulted with the essential oils as well. As while they were themselves made and packaged there at the store way too expensive and would wipe most of all of what we had to spend at the herbal store in one small bottle, my mother somehow got exactly what I need to make my own. Oil. Coconut oil, and while grocery grabbing I mentioned I wanted olive oil while forgetting what I had wanted it for (which was actually not for food or cooking but for the essential oils), and she came out with olive oil in tow as well. I only realized I could make my own when I got home and she showed me her purchases. I simply asked her to share some of the coconut oil and she replied sure.

Does manifesting work or not?

Like I said could be my wishful perception that it does, and I simply take more notice when things I focus on come to be.
Old 11-11-2021, 08:09 PM
Ascender

It works. I've had it happen to me twice already.
I've manifested a job by visualizing that job in as exact detail as I possibly could. I spent time visualizing it on a regular basis too.
I also used it to bring to me the partner that was right for me.
Old 12-11-2021, 05:16 AM
Master

Quote:

If people could get rich just by affirming it, why isn't everybody rich already?

I just don't get it.

There is a saying, if it is too good to be true then it is too good to be true.

Affirmations can work. It depends what it is. If it is I am more confident, outgoing or whatever it has a high chance of it working. If I said I am going to be rich, it is not going to happen. It could happen if you won a lottery or got a pay out from somewhere. If everyone could be rich by saying affirmations then there would be a lot of rich people everywhere. The books talk about affirmations but they are in a business to sell books.
Old 12-11-2021, 06:54 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by astralsuzy
If I said I am going to be rich, it is not going to happen. It could happen if you won a lottery or got a pay out from somewhere. If everyone could be rich by saying affirmations then there would be a lot of rich people everywhere. The books talk about affirmations but they are in a business to sell books.
There's a bit more to it than just repeating "I am going to be rich."

Affirmations for wealth don't work for most people because they lack clarity. By which I mean that one part of them says "I am going to be rich," while another part says "That will never happen." In these cases the affirmation which says that it will never happen is normally the affirmation which manifests, because this is the stronger of the two beliefs.

And regarding the use of language, affirming "I am going to be rich" is stating that at some future date I will be rich. And so our state of wealth is always at some future date, never now.

We also need clarity about why we want to be rich. What does being rich mean to us? If being rich means having a big house and the flashy car then focus on having the big house and flashy car. If being rich means not having to work for a living and being able to use our time as we want, then focus on that. Wealth is just a means to attain what we really want, not an end in itself.

But for most people this is just a pipe-dream, because they have not done the work on themselves to be clear and focused, nor do they have complete trust that things will happen, and they are not ready to surrender and allow things to happen. And so they say that affirmations do not work.

Peace
Old 12-11-2021, 07:16 PM
Precisely, my friend in NZ.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 13-11-2021, 05:42 AM
Deactivated Account
You'll need to understand this:

When you say: "I am Happy" in the waking state, you may probably look at your self and see that you are not. Your conscious mind will tell you that it is not true. Know that this is how a defense is built.

You have a place, i would call it something else but some people call it "unconscious". If you could say it over there, it would happen either
instantly or it would find a way to make it happen.

You have to conclude that there is some kind of barrier, or some kind of Guardian which is guarding your everyday chit-chatter to reach that other place.
Look and see how many times in a day you say or hear someone saying or even read: "I am" ...

To reach that place, where it can work, you have to bypass the Guardian.

There are several ways to do it.

You can do it by using affirmations.

Obviously your affirmations should be formulated as pure positive.

And, as the bible says "Believe that you have received it" - say it as if you have it now.
Leave all words, which are based on future and past, out.
For e.g. do not say "I will be happy" or "I was happy".

Use the affirmations in this way: "I am Happy".

One way to bypass the guardian with affirmations is to repeat them many, many times.
Whenever you use it in this way, watch your thinking and the response which may arise.
If your thoughts or feelings say "It is not true", remind yourself of your goal - which is, in this case "Happiness now" and repeat the affirmations few more times.

A bit better way is to use emotions while using the affirmations. Close your eyes, and whenever you think or say "I am Happy" recall the actual feeling of happiness.
Old 13-11-2021, 05:59 AM
Master
You need to work on your energy, it must be a pure positive energy or you affirmation may not work.

Love IS that positive energy, use it wisely, use it often.

utopia
Old 29-11-2021, 12:02 AM
Master
Quote:

If people could get rich just by affirming it, why isn't everybody rich already?

If an employee - we shall call him Tony, affirms for months; "my boss is going to give me a raise soon" and sees himself receiving more money...buying a new car...whatever and Tony's boss affirms "Tony is a lazy employee, he should be fired - I'll never give him more money" then whose affirmation will work here?

What if there's one position of employment and a hundred applicants all affirming and saying positive mantras that they will 'get the job'...whose affirmation will trump all others affirming the same thing?

My mother wanted to take me out to the club for dinner on her birthday...for months she has been planning it, saying every day to everybody "my daughter is going to take me out for dinner on my birthday" and when the day comes, I'm struck down with the flu and cannot oblige...and she goes; "how can this possibly BE? I thought I created my own reality here".

I'm sure a starving Ethiopian affirms they will get food soon...can think of nothing else because they are starving and yet, they die hungry.

I just don't get it.

Hello Shivani Devi,

It is good to see you again!

Just dropped this off in the Give Yourself a Present page. Hope it helps answer your question, especially when you get to the part where Bashar explains how many Shivani Devi's there are...

https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/s...&postcount=284
“Why, that’s true! I am a perfect, unlimited gull!” Jonathan opened his eyes asking, "Where are we?” The Elder Chiang said, “We’re on some planet with a green sky and a double star for a sun.” Jonathan made a scree of delight. “IT WORKS!" “Well, of course it works, Jon,” said Chiang. “It always works, when you know what you’re doing." (and even when you don't)

Last edited by guthrio : 29-11-2021 at 12:30 AM. Reason: Clarify input