Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 25-01-2019, 02:59 AM
boshy b. good

are you happy with da sin, apolageticaly. jesus's just fine

::thumbs up::
Old 25-01-2019, 07:19 AM
Master
[quote=Morpheus]
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123

You are making a statement, unfounded. It's not truth simply because you say so.
If you're not going to go by the Bible, you have nothing to state regarding, JUDEO/CHRISTIANITY.
You have nothing to go by other than your subjective, (and errant), belief, you see.

Yet? You seem to want to cite the Bible to fit your subjective belief.
The New Testament, ( covenant), takes precedence over the old.

A fall is clearly made evident in the Bible.

I am merely pointing out that the Genesis Story/Myth can be found in Ancient Civilisations , that is most definitely true as the evidence is written in stone found by Archeologists.

A fall is mentioned in the bible but also in other Civilisations, people try to put into words how they perceive the world around them, our Ancestors didn't have Science to aid them so they probably sat around the fire and told stories that would have been added to, elaborated and passed from generation to generation.

The bible is the same, a story/history book, it is not to be taken literally.

' St Augustine's theory

St Augustine, who largely devised the theory of original sin, thought that original sin was transmitted from generation to generation through sexual intercourse. Augustine did not say exactly how this happened.

He said that it was transmitted by "concupiscence", when people had sex and conceived a child.'

I wonder how he came to this conclusion...
Old 25-01-2019, 08:27 AM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morpheus
But, it's in the Word that death came into all the world as a consequence of a fall. That Jesus also stated, "You must be born again"...
Also, consider what science today is telling us about the nature of, "the world".
Illustrated rather well by the Wachowski's in their cinematic creation.

Again, sin is not merely an act, or acts, but a situation which is the cause of those various acts. (I.E., the animal/mammal and organic nature wherein the "survival instinct" of the organic nature is primary.)
Think about reasons... and cause and effect.
Romans 5:12
"Just as sin entered into the world by one man..."

However, you seem to be ignoring my supposition about the original state of humanity before the fall. Which was a spiritual and "angelic" situation. And? Involving eternity and the timeless. A greater reality, situation, and truth.

Hence, "You must be born again". - Jesus

Jesus was a human and some of his statements, if quoted correctly, were rather silly.
Old 25-01-2019, 04:56 PM
boshy b. good

put Christ back on earth and he's the fixer of all apologies
Old 26-01-2019, 06:56 PM
Master
[quote=sky123]
Quote:

I am merely pointing out that the Genesis Story/Myth can be found in Ancient Civilisations , that is most definitely true as the evidence is written in stone found by Archeologists.

A fall is mentioned in the bible but also in other Civilisations, people try to put into words how they perceive the world around them, our Ancestors didn't have Science to aid them so they probably sat around the fire and told stories that would have been added to, elaborated and passed from generation to generation.

The bible is the same, a story/history book, it is not to be taken literally.

' St Augustine's theory

St Augustine, who largely devised the theory of original sin, thought that original sin was transmitted from generation to generation through sexual intercourse. Augustine did not say exactly how this happened.

He said that it was transmitted by "concupiscence", when people had sex and conceived a child.'

I wonder how he came to this conclusion...

For one, the Genesis story may be found in various religions due to truth.
For another, in the 21st century science has a say also.

So again, I've been posting about the "angelic" in contrast to the organic aspect, and origins of humanity.
As well as the insignificance of time, and a greater reality of Eternity, and the Spirit.

"Most people are captured in the matrix of nature. Immersed in a sea of materiality..."
Abdul Baha

"Death is only an experience in which you are meant to learn a great lesson. You cannot die."
Yogananda

"Reality is an illusion, albeit a very persistant one."
Einstein

Etc., and so forth.

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein
Old 08-02-2019, 08:31 AM
Master
The evolved "animal/mammal, in "illusory" space/time, discussed in physics since Einstein, involves "the survival instinct" related with ego.

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein
Old 08-02-2019, 01:23 PM
ImthatIm

Quote:
You ignored what I posted.

I got it.

The Fall=Death and the material world

When humanity rises above the Fall=No more death or material world.

Only Peace Love Happiness in the Spirit.(For eternity)

Something like that?

Or matrix mind meld.
Old 10-02-2019, 04:26 PM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmergingPath
How much is actualy in the bible to support the concept of "original Sin" and what are the specific passages that that do?

I think original sin is related to our past lives, what we bring with us from lifetime to lifetime that is unresolved from those experiences.

Thanks.

Brian
Old 10-02-2019, 04:40 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by MChang
I think original sin is related to our past lives, what we bring with us from lifetime to lifetime that is unresolved from those experiences.

Thanks.

Brian

Similar to Karma?
Old 12-02-2019, 07:48 AM
Master
Well MChang, however, if time is illusory we ought'nt view reincarnation in a sequential and linear sense.
Think?

Imthatim, yes, that's about right.

What do you think is the best way to come to a realization of our actual personage?