Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 20-03-2019, 10:25 AM
Master
Having special deep connection with a pet

I'm curious if there are many other people who have a very special deep connection with their pet, maybe horse?
And I'm not talking about the kind of connection where you feel they're your child or your mate, a companion.
I'm talking about something deeper. As if they're your familiar, or that you have known them before. Things like that.

I have such a connection with one of my cats. He's incredibly attached to me too, even though he still as much of a cat as any other one, meaning doing whatever he wants when he wants, grin.
But when I went on holiday, he looked as if he was crying, didn't easily come for his food, wasn't his own cheerful self, which is very cuddly and happy to see people.
He was simply upset and missing me.
When I look at him when he's sat up, I can see a deep wisdom in him. He's an old soul. And there's something Egyptian about him too. Difficult to explain. Almost as if there some royalty to him.
His brother -from the same litter- is nothing like that, nor do I have that connection with him.
I've never had a connection like this with any cat before.

My girl had a similar thing with her dog. It felt as if they'd been together before in another life. Like a soulmate, a familiar soulmate, where 'familiar' means 'spirit helper'.

Other people got things like that? Or with a pet in the past?
Old 22-03-2019, 10:31 AM
Seeker

Our animal companions are very special, and they aren't here as long as we are. There are animal communicators who have the ability to telepathically tune in and have a conversation.

Its late, and I have to turn in, but I'll be back...I have some cat stories, too.
Old 22-03-2019, 12:14 PM
Administrator
Yes my cat when I went into Hospital he wouldn't eat he would just lie on my bed, as soon as I came home he was right as rain. he knows when the kids are feeling down or ill.he will just lie by them

Namaste
Old 22-03-2019, 01:18 PM
Guide
My former pet and I connected after I went through a trauma. We both were suffering (her mother died soon after) and we connected through our pain. I walked her every morning before work, and as soon as I got home. It was such a simple yet therapeutic thing. We developed a bond that still gets me emotional to this day. Its like we helped one another just by knowing the other one was there when we needed.
Old 22-03-2019, 07:22 PM
Deactivated Account
Hello.

I've had lots of cat friends in my life but one in particular stands out.

He loved everybody. Especially people who were adamant that they did not like cats. He was every bodies companion and would go out of his way to befriend anyone. He melted alot of hardened hearts lol... Funny that he had the name 'doctor' because he seemed to be a healing force.

When he passed away, he was the only cat who I felt around me energetically for years. I've not experienced that with another cat before.
Old 22-03-2019, 09:34 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by FairyCrystal
I'm curious if there are many other people who have a very special deep connection with their pet, maybe horse?
And I'm not talking about the kind of connection where you feel they're your child or your mate, a companion.
I'm talking about something deeper. As if they're your familiar, or that you have known them before. Things like that.

I have such a connection with one of my cats. He's incredibly attached to me too, even though he still as much of a cat as any other one, meaning doing whatever he wants when he wants, grin.
But when I went on holiday, he looked as if he was crying, didn't easily come for his food, wasn't his own cheerful self, which is very cuddly and happy to see people.
He was simply upset and missing me.
When I look at him when he's sat up, I can see a deep wisdom in him. He's an old soul. And there's something Egyptian about him too. Difficult to explain. Almost as if there some royalty to him.
His brother -from the same litter- is nothing like that, nor do I have that connection with him.
I've never had a connection like this with any cat before.

My girl had a similar thing with her dog. It felt as if they'd been together before in another life. Like a soulmate, a familiar soulmate, where 'familiar' means 'spirit helper'.

Other people got things like that? Or with a pet in the past?

Yes my last cat had that feeling of. “I know you” deeper in me. Very similiar to your sense. The difference with your cat and mine is that mine was teaching me presence and non attachment, in ways where I couldn’t impede upon him my own need from him. As you realize more of yourself deeper through them, you understand they are good mirrors to understand more of self and life itself. Then you begin to see them more directly as they are. Animals often become what their previous or current environments have created in them as a whole.
Old 23-03-2019, 06:11 AM
Seeker

Cats help you tune into what's important...

Our little lady is almost 20 years, and she is beginning to transition over to the other side, getting ready to cross the rainbow bridge, go to the campground on the other side of the river Styx...

When I look at her, sometimes she's here and sometimes she's someplace else.

She is the last of her family, the other ones left by going off in the woods where we used to live, one stopped eating and that was that.

Our little lady has been eating very little, kind of like saying 'its time'.

She has been under veterinary care, and it has been pretty intense until these last few days. I'm not into force feeding her, so I am not going to ask for intervention here.

Her mother was like a royalty type cat, very impressive...her sister was my best friend for many years, wanting to be on my lap or with me almost all the time. That was so hard when she went, I'm very grateful for the time we had together.

We are all part of this great mystery, cats and humans.
Old 23-03-2019, 09:56 AM
Seeker

Yes. So yes.

I had two dogs for about 14 years (accompanying me from when I was 35-50 years old...I'm 56 now). These were probably the two biggest influences on me. My relationships with these dogs were much more real and meaningful than any relationships I've had with humans. It was only with them/through them that I felt that i knew my true self and that any other creature came close to knowing me. I suppose people might think that feeling more alive and in tune with with existence because of animals and not humans indicates a psychological problem, and who knows, maybe that's true, but I would defend this to say that I became a much much better person as a result of having them in my life. My relations with humans improved because of the dogs.

But I learned so much from them. For one thing, I learned about the unspoken world and how to be aware / awake without using words, ideas, constructs, etc. I learned how to just be.

Sadly, I have to admit, I haven't been that same person without them. My mind wonders into negativity at times (anything from plastic bags in the ocean to unjust laws). The world seems so digitally cluttered, chatty, self-absorbed, etc. All of which leads me into this judging stance which I have to get out of as soon as I realize I'm going there.

Without the dogs, I think my saving grace is nature. I try to invest time in gardening (again a very silent activity), surround myself with houseplants, take walks in the woods. And to spin this back to my spirituality, I'm looking into spiritual traditions that are nature-centered or at least recognize nature as a force of energy so that I don't become that grumpy old man. :)
Old 23-03-2019, 03:49 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by FairyCrystal
I'm curious if there are many other people who have a very special deep connection with their pet,...
something deeper. As if they're your familiar, or that you have known them before. Things like that....
Yes, I had.
1st with my cat. - She was my very 1st pet of my own as an adult.
I did not have any plan for adopting a pet, let alone having a live plant at that time and had not owned a pet since family pets in my childhood.
We did not have cats, just dogs so I was not familiar with cats at all.

One Sunday morning 25yrs ago, as I was enjoying my morning coffee and Sunday newspaper, I saw an ad for Himalayan kittens. I didn't even know anything about Himalayan kitties and didn't even know how they looked like.
Somehow I was drawn to it. I called the breeder who was 1hr away.
I am not an impulsive person when it comes to such big decisions.
I drove there on the same day.

The breeder handed me 1st kitten. This 1st kitten hissed and struggled in my arm. I immediately handed back this kitten and I was so disappointed.
So, breeder handed me 2nd kitten.
This little one calmly snuggled up to me in my arms. Then she turned her head and looked up straight into my eyes. And it was magical.
The breeder just said "yep, she is the one for you"

Although I was completely unprepared and not planed for a pet at that time, I somehow knew that she was born and that I had to get her. We recognized each other instantly. I didn't know at that time how much I needed her.
She taught me about unconditional love, like no others have. She shared lots of life events, relocations, other pets, and many relationships with me.
She passed away at 16 yrs old in my arms.

2nd was my dog.
Before I even met him, I kept seeing Pekingese dogs. This breed is rare now days and I never saw them until then. They were adult dogs who had owners.

I was determined to rescue a dog and I had the 'list' - female, small to medium size, short hair, adult, potty trained, proven cat friendly, fit for hiking.
So, male Pekingese puppy did not meet these criteria, to say the least.

Then, I met him, while visiting Los Angeles (I was living in No California, 5hrs away at that time). It was in a pet shop! He was a male, puppy, and Pekingese!
I visited him every morning for 7days while I was in LA. I was hoping that someone would buy him so I can be free.
He was amazingly cute but he was still there, every morning.
One day, I even asked the shop owner if he can discount the price $500 less than the asking price. He said no.

The day I was returning to home, I stopped to say good bye to the little guy.
Then I left. I drove about 1hr away from LA and I had to turned around.
I felt that I left my puppy. I drove back to the pet shop to get him.
The shop owner gave me the $500 discount plus 1cent. - $501 price discount. He knew that the puppy belonged to me.

Oh... he was my life partner and travel companion. He loved his cat siblings, was perfect with his potty training, became an AKC canine good citizen, and became a certified therapy dog for nursing homes/hospitals/etc. He also was a good hiking partner, only Pekingese in the hiking trails with mostly hunting and working dog breeds. I miss our beach walks.
He died in my arms at 14yrs and 4months old.
I still miss him so much. We had a strong bond and was destined to be together.

Both were gifts from the universe, precious gifts. I now know that.
I am not sure if I will ever have such gift again in this life time.
Old 23-03-2019, 03:49 PM
Ascender
.......dup..