Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Dreams

Old 07-03-2019, 04:05 PM
Pathfinder

Unhappy They promised me

All my family members, relatives and friends promised me before their death that if there is an afterlife they will come visit me in my dreams. Yet nobody that died came to visit me in dreams (and it's not like I forget my dreams) some of them died long ago many years, some died recently days, weeks, months ago....

Does this mean that there is no spiritual afterlife since nobody that died came to visit me in dreams?

Last edited by Claude : 07-03-2019 at 06:18 PM.
Old 07-03-2019, 06:11 PM
Yaoughta

Perhaps the single reason they have not come to you in a dream is for you to learn something or come to your own conclusion as to whether there is an afterlife. Why do you need them to come and visit you in your dreams as proof? Spirit doesn't respond well to being tested.
Old 07-03-2019, 07:33 PM
Pathfinder

Both me and the people that died believe in spirituality and afterlife. Before their death they promised me that after they die they will visit me in dreams and they did not
Old 07-03-2019, 08:09 PM
Yaoughta

How much time has passed between the time they passed and now? Sometimes, it just takes time. It may seem like a lot of time for you in the physical world, but not for them and they may be busy processing their physical lives they just lived. They'll get around to visiting you when the time is right.
Old 07-03-2019, 08:21 PM
Pathfinder

Thanks for your reply.

Some family members such as some grandparents died a bit over 20 years ago, and no dream visitation, despite that they promised me before dying that they will visit me after their death.
Old 07-03-2019, 10:19 PM
Yaoughta

They may have promised while in physical form only to realize once they were non-physical energy that by contacting you it would somehow change your current life. Perhaps you have a soul contract or some lesson to learn that would be changed. Since your grandparents have been gone for 20 years, it could be that they've already been reincarnated and that is the reason why they do not come to you. Sometimes, souls reincarnate right away for one reason or another. There could be a number of reason why they have not come to you, but if you really wish to see a certain loved one that has past, try this: Light a candle for them while you're thinking of them and ask for them to come to you in your dreams. Let them know that you wish to see them and talk with them and "intend" for that to happen. It also helps to look at pictures of them and reminisce and relive feelings. Then think about them again as you drift off to sleep and ask for them again to come to you and see what happens. Good luck and Sweet Visitations!
Old 08-03-2019, 08:17 AM
Super Moderator
I can imagine it's disappointing that they haven't visited. A number of years ago When my grandmother died I had a dream I was waiting somewhere and then she showed up. I told her she looked good and she said she felt good. I told her I loved her and she said she loved me as well then I had the idea to ask her about the afterlife but was distracted by my bag and when I turned back around she was gone. Last year my father died and I expected him to visit to at least say goodbye but he never came. I was disappointed but suspect maybe it's related to what Yaoughta said that it would interfere somehow with our path. Maybe they fear saying something they shouldn't. Part of the impact this place has is in the mystery of it all. Probably why my grandmother bolted when I wanted to press her about the afterlife. I'm currently working on some unhealthy patterns so I can see the why but it Still it would have been nice to see my dad. But I've seen enough to believe the afterlife does exist. I can't guarantee it but then again what would be the point of existing at all if we were to just disappear after our life. Doesn't make sense to me. I guess in time we will know and if there isn't anything else well guess we won't know any better anyhow. It will just be over. But I still feel the possibility that this is it, is what gives this experience the most impact. Otherwise we might not take it seriously. It's the life and death aspect and the not knowing that impacts our experience in ways we can't know but I guess we just have to trust.