Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Past Lives & Reincarnation

Old 05-02-2019, 05:21 AM
Knower

I hope I get to chose my next life!

I would really, really, really hate it, if I got reincarnated as something I don't want to be; like an animal. For starters, I don't want to be a boy again because I'm not going to have my subconscious in my past self from this life, it will go into my (non-existent) twin sister and I don't want to live in the future, I want to be born the same exact year as I was in this life, but with a twin. It's not that I hate being a boy (well I used to for awhile) but there's something about being a girl and wearing pretty dresses and skirts, that I really like.
Old 05-02-2019, 05:28 AM
Pathfinder
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeGood88
I would really, really, really hate it, if I got reincarnated as something I don't want to be; like an animal. For starters, I don't want to be a boy again because I'm not going to have my subconscious in my past self from this life, it will go into my (non-existent) twin sister and I don't want to live in the future, I want to be born the same exact year as I was in this life, but with a twin. It's not that I hate being a boy (well I used to for awhile) but there's something about being a girl and wearing pretty dresses and skirts, that I really like.

It's probably possible: parallel universes. I'm sure there is a parallel universe where you are a girl with a twin sister and the time frame is right now.

But you have to spend this life planning for that next life:

"planning for your next life is as important as planning for your current one. Since your current life becomes the seed for your next life" -- LINK
Old 05-02-2019, 09:52 AM
Master
I think we have some degree of control what and where we'll be born, but it very much depends on karma. But control is probably the wrong word.. it's more to do with attachment. If you are attached to having a certain body or born in a certain family then you can probably make that a reality in the next life. Practice your sadhana and who knows..

Why would you want to be born in exactly the same time though? Think about it.. everything that happens right now is a consequences of all 'souls' coexisting and making reality as it is right now. For you to be here again, exactly the same spot (but different sex) would require the cooperation of everyone else! I don't think that is possible. Every individual in time and of this world is exactly unique, as is your karma. Why the fear of the future?
Old 05-02-2019, 02:26 PM
Guide

I'm pretty sure we do, in fact, get to choose our next lifetime. In general terms I also believe that this is one area where time is linear, i.e. I don't believe we can choose to reincarnate in the past. As Altair mentions, it would disrupt many others lives, that of everyone you've ever brushed against. We likely CAN choose what period of FUTURE time we want to be born into though.

Keep in mind though that the choice is made between lives, when our minds and memories are clear from 3D world entanglements. The choice of that new life will be made based on spiritual aspects and growth potential, not what we think we'd like or what made us unhappy the last time.

Reincarnation seems to be more like choosing college classes (which teacher, which subject, what major?) than satisfying an image of the "wonderful" life we've built up in our mind.

Wanting to have a twin? Wanting to be born in exactly the same time frame? Avoiding the future? I'd suggest making the most of the life you've already got. Sounds like some aspects of it are displeasing you. But then, most everyone dislikes parts of their life.
Old 06-02-2019, 06:42 PM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altair
Why the fear of the future?

I 100% refuse to reincarnate into the future, rather if my next life takes place in the late 21st century or the early 22nd century! If it turns out I can't relive this life again (albeit as a girl in the same family) then what's the point in reincarnation if I can only move forward in time, every time? I mean if I could reincarnate into 1948 as a girl with a different life, instead or reliving this life all over again, if this whole "Groundhog Day" scenario turned out to be an impossible situation against my likening, then I'm fine with that and would rather do that than have my next life take place in the distant future. The future looks very bland and bleak to me. I mean, I can accept this futuristic stuff as an elderly man in his 60s-80s, but not as a little girl, during her childhood, teen, and adult years. The childhood stuff for my next life should stay in the 1950s or 1990s, not the 2050s or 2090s or whatever futuristic year I would've been born into! I'm not happy with the way technology is and to reincarnate into the future would mean no more memories of shopping in public (a big deal, for coming back as a girl, more so than being a boy) and TV and classic video games would be obsolete, screw the future! Someone said in another post that they've seen countless futuristic set films and said none of them interest them enough to want to have their next lives take place there and I totally agree! Even The Jetsons even showed that mankind was heading towards a very lazy future where robots replace humans, no thanks! I'm more a fan of the past, than the future and not just because of nostalgia and childhood memories, it's more than that! Way more than that!

To sum it up with a metaphor: reincarnating into the future, for my next life would be the equivalent of going to a boot camp or some other military type of school while reincarnating into the past would be more the equivalent of going to a summer camp. Which one is more fun? If you were a child and had to choose between boot camp or summer camp, which would you choose? Try putting yourself in my shoes (or soul) if you must.
Old 06-02-2019, 07:00 PM
Master
But we don’t know what the world will look like. Throughout history there have been doomsayers. Some things are looking bleak (environment) other things look great (human development, technology). Overall we are lucky to live now..

You could have fun in the 2090s too.. you don’t know.. or you could have been unhappy in the 1990s. How can we tell? I don’t believe the near future could be that bad that we’d never want to be born again. At least not in developed nations. We’ve gone a long way..

Have you talked about your gender issue with a therapist?
Old 06-02-2019, 07:12 PM
Knower

Quote:
But we don’t know what the world will look like. Throughout history there have been doomsayers. Some things are looking bleak (environment) other things look great (human development, technology). Overall we are lucky to live now..

You could have fun in the 2090s too.. you don’t know.. or you could have been unhappy in the 1990s. How can we tell? I don’t believe the near future could be that bad that we’d never want to be born again. At least not in developed nations. We’ve gone a long way..

Have you talked about your gender issue with a therapist?

I've seen Interstellar and that was enough for me to give up on reincarnating into the future, no joke! Yes, that's only a sci-fi movie, but it was a pretty realistic one. I just don't want my next life to be in the future, even my mother (who also believes in reincarnation) thinks it's would be an awful choice. Earth is not some magical place where the o-zone layer heals itself. We really could be seeing very bad climate change in the next 100 years. Even without the prior knowledge of this life, if my next were to take place in the future, I still wouldn't be very happy. I sometimes even wish I had been a child of the 50s or 60s, regardless of gender, although I would've preferred to be a girl in that kind of scenario.

Not gonna lie, when I was 20 years old in 2008, there was this documentary on TV called "2057" which showed what the world might look like in 50 years. At the time, I liked the idea, but not anymore. The future looks bland, either way you look at it. Technology is making us worse, instead of better!

The idea that I might possibly never get to relive this life again (under slightly different circumstances) and be forced to live my next one in the future makes me very sick and hurts my soul! Sure I cannot predict the future but judging by a lot of sci-fi stuff (fiction or realistic future predictions), it looks really bland. Not even the future in Futurama amuses me and that's saying something because I love that show! Also, robots are probably going to be evil psychotic killing machines, like in those Terminator films. T2 is actually pretty realistic. Sure, there was no 1997 robot apocalypse, but that doesn't mean a 2097 one could not happen. Also what happens if the Earth is wiped out and humanity had no time to search for a new planet, due to underwhelming technology, you would have no choice but to return to the past, although I could be wrong.

It just makes more sense if time is non-linear outside of living and way less depressing and a lot easier for me. Now, maybe you (or someone else) plan on reincarnating into the future, but I don't! We should all go our own separate ways though various lives, even if it means repeating the some of the same lives all over again, but with slightly different changes.
Old 06-02-2019, 07:58 PM
Master
Well if that's what you really believe so strongly then forget about a future life. 'Theorizing' about being born in the past is unlikely to give the answer or the guarantee you'll be living there. Sounds to me you are satisfied about your youth and the world as it is now, for the time being at least. Your just not happy with your gender, and coupled with the fear of future reincarnation it seems like an open door. Am I wrong?
Old 06-02-2019, 08:04 PM
Knower

Quote:
Well if that's what you really believe so strongly then forget about a future life. 'Theorizing' about being born in the past is unlikely to give the answer or the guarantee you'll be living there. Sounds to me you are satisfied about your youth and the world as it is now, for the time being at least. Your just not happy with your gender, and coupled with the fear of future reincarnation it seems like an open door where you should go now. Am I wrong?

So you're saying my existence is/was pointless? Also, while I don't hate being a boy, it seems that being a girl would've been a wiser decision for me. If only you knew how much I was robbed of a life and how redempion for my next life to take place in the future really aggravates me! I deserve a second chance, while at the same time will not give up on reincarnation. People on the internet treated me like dirt for years, to the point where I just want a second chance, without having to move forward in time. I didn't even get to go to collage (despite that being a conscious choice) but to make up for that, only to have the outcome different (like college in space, if were talking about the future) really doesn't sound that fun.
Old 06-02-2019, 08:33 PM
Master
Of course it’s not pointless!! What I’m trying to say is that the future is an open book and much depends on how you and we act in the here and now. You can hope to be a woman in the next life.. but what exactly is ‘hope’..?

I’m sorry to be blunt but I’m a more practical oriented person, not always, but I have realized it’s what matters, but vastly better to adopt than ‘hope’ or ‘faith’.

Some things to consider.. 1) you don’t want to incarnate in the future, 2) you’d rather have been a woman, 3) the current time is still somewhat okay.
So why not talk with a therapist and consider your options now.. instead of hoping for another chance in some other life? I know transgender people. I won’t say or know you are one (maybe crossdressing will be enough healing) but talking about it will help.