Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Health

Old 14-01-2019, 10:52 PM
Deactivated Account
Does telling your personal issues to others make you feel better?

It happens from time to time that people feel the need to tell me that I'm digging my own grave by not talking to anyone about how I feel and what's consuming me, and I still have no intention to do so. I am being told that keeping everything to myself is self-harm and dangerous and that I need to contact someone. But honestly what good would it be? All it really does is bring others down with my own misery and I don't want to become some 'energy vampire' who needs to do that in order to sustain my well-being. I'm also recommended plenty of times to see a psychologist, but I don't like the idea of paying a random company money just so I get to tell a random stranger a sad story, which isn't their business to meddle with. I also convinced myself that showing sadness and emotions to others is a weakness that can and will be used against me, should I wear my emotions so casually on my sleeves. I admit that it is sometimes very tempting when a charismatic person or especially a girl approaches me about it to spill it out, but usually in the end I still overcome those temptations.

I created this thread because I just keep encountering people, sometimes even complete strangers when I'm at bars and clubs who ask me what is wrong, why I'm very quiet and not dancing and enjoying like they do. Almost as if it's God somehow sending these people (unbeknownst to them) to try and convince me of my error of not talking to anyone about my mental well-being or that I need to cheer up or something like that. But honestly, I'm not sure because my spiritual state is terrible and my relationship with God is sour, to put it only mildly. Therefore I won't rule out that all of this is just meaningless coincidence and that God gave up on me.

So what is your stance on this one? Do you think it's better to keep everything to yourself in order to hold negativity and 'bad energy' at bay, or is it a necessity for the better?
Old 14-01-2019, 11:04 PM
Administrator
I can only give my opinion on this. I am a people reader and if I'm somewhere with a few people there I keep myself to myself but at the same time I'm reading them.it is surprising what you find out about people when you watch them.
I don't tell people anything about myself.i suppose that comes from training also because I am a counsellor.i never tell anyone my personal issues for the simple reason they are personal.
people who tell you to see someone because you keep yourself to yourself are the ones with the problem.

Namaste
Old 14-01-2019, 11:33 PM
Guide

Only with very few people I feel comfortable talking about myself or my issues. Even so, letting out my emotions to people offers little to no help in the way of advice. Sometimes we do just need to hear ourselves and our perceived problems. Rather than keeping it all bottled up inside or wearing your heart on your sleeve for others, maybe try journaling. I know it sounds so cliché, but when you re-read your own words you can kind of see it from a different perspective. Especially if you go back weeks ago or even days ago to past journal entries you can see how your views and moods may fluctuate.

At the end of the day, who cares what other people think is right for you. Only you know what's right for you. If you feel at peace, then you're on the right track. If you feel like you're in emotional turmoil, then try something new.
Old 15-01-2019, 12:57 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlayerOfLight

I created this thread because I just keep encountering people, sometimes even complete strangers when I'm at bars and clubs who ask me what is wrong, why I'm very quiet and not dancing and enjoying like they do.

I've encountered the same thing in social settings which makes me drift further away.

Everyone is different. There are a lot of things i keep from others and secrets i've never told anyone. I do not find this to be a burden. I find people who try to get me to open up or impose on me of how i should be to be more of a burden.
Old 15-01-2019, 09:34 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocean breeze
I've encountered the same thing in social settings which makes me drift further away.

Everyone is different. There are a lot of things i keep from others and secrets i've never told anyone. I do not find this to be a burden. I find people who try to get me to open up or impose on me of how i should be to be more of a burden.

Your determination to be you seems to come with a burden inside you?
Old 15-01-2019, 09:38 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlayerOfLight
It happens from time to time that people feel the need to tell me that I'm digging my own grave by not talking to anyone about how I feel and what's consuming me, and I still have no intention to do so. I am being told that keeping everything to myself is self-harm and dangerous and that I need to contact someone. But honestly what good would it be? All it really does is bring others down with my own misery and I don't want to become some 'energy vampire' who needs to do that in order to sustain my well-being. I'm also recommended plenty of times to see a psychologist, but I don't like the idea of paying a random company money just so I get to tell a random stranger a sad story, which isn't their business to meddle with. I also convinced myself that showing sadness and emotions to others is a weakness that can and will be used against me, should I wear my emotions so casually on my sleeves. I admit that it is sometimes very tempting when a charismatic person or especially a girl approaches me about it to spill it out, but usually in the end I still overcome those temptations.

I created this thread because I just keep encountering people, sometimes even complete strangers when I'm at bars and clubs who ask me what is wrong, why I'm very quiet and not dancing and enjoying like they do. Almost as if it's God somehow sending these people (unbeknownst to them) to try and convince me of my error of not talking to anyone about my mental well-being or that I need to cheer up or something like that. But honestly, I'm not sure because my spiritual state is terrible and my relationship with God is sour, to put it only mildly. Therefore I won't rule out that all of this is just meaningless coincidence and that God gave up on me.

So what is your stance on this one? Do you think it's better to keep everything to yourself in order to hold negativity and 'bad energy' at bay, or is it a necessity for the better?

There is an ability to deal alone and quite comfortably bring peace to your inner world. Containment or suppression often will come back to you to deal with in some way, so if your resisting yourself then it could backfire in time. Introverts process inwardly most often. Extroverts most often need a sounding board and energy of a group to energise and work through stuff. Not being the life of the party will have extroverts noticing. We introverts gain our energy by being alone to sort and find balance. We like nature and the confiding space of someone close and understanding.
Old 15-01-2019, 05:25 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustBe
Your determination to be you seems to come with a burden inside you?

You ask questions based on your own assumptions.
Old 15-01-2019, 05:29 PM
Master
Quote:
You ask questions based on your own assumptions.

Do I?

It may appear that way through your lens. I’m always open to more, so I won’t hold you or myself to any of this.
Old 15-01-2019, 05:32 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustBe
Do I?

Examine your own questions being asked and tell me where you have concluded such things?
Old 15-01-2019, 05:47 PM
Master
Quote:
Examine your own questions being asked and tell me where you have concluded such things?
See this.

There are no conclusions in me. That’s your creation of my questions.