Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 12-03-2019, 10:30 PM
Newbie ;)

Energy Related abilities repressed by mother at a young age

My mother who is a very strong psychic repressed my abilities at a young age because whenever she'd do a reading or anything spiritual for that matter she'd attract spirits which would always be attracted to me and due to me being very young I found some of the visitations quite frankly terrifying. I believe I'm ready to experience what the spiritual world has to offer now as I now have a higher level of understanding of it and I've continually grown stronger (energy has progressively begun to flow off from me in increasingly larger amounts) even whilst being blocked. I'm wondering how to fully open myself up once again.
Old 13-03-2019, 08:52 AM
Greenslade

Those childhood memories will be causing emotional and mental blocks to your abilities because your mind will associate your abilities with repression. There's plenty of information and how-to guides available so pick something that suits you, but what you're looking for is what is know as 'shadow work'. What happens is that emotions and memories we can't or won't deal with don't vanish, they are pushed into what Jung and other Spiritual people call the shadow self. It can take a bit of time and and all the honesty you can muster but it's certainly worth it in the end. Fear is a pretty strong emotion and it's one of the more primal, those take a great deal of work so don't expect overnight results. Shadow work will more than likely bring that childhood fear to the surface to be dealt with.

The good news is that once you've done the shadow work it'll hold you in good stead, it'll help you drop so much baggage that you probably don't need to be carrying around with you any more.

Forgiveness is another way of clearing the blockage. If you harbour not-so-nice feelings for what your mother did to you they're not compatible with your abilities.
Old 13-03-2019, 08:28 PM
Master
The interesting thing about trauma, I find, is that we can come to see it as both the challenge we set ourselves to overcome and the instigation to do so.

This sense of how to view such gives us space, space in and around the notion somewhat beyond it having been, that within time and space it is but without time and space it all is rather of a different nature.

I do remember, a whiles ago now, when fully into my creativity and being given almost fully formed ideas to follow, I got to a point where such became a bit of a drag, always jumping into things without discrimination. And so I decided to be pickier, I'd review what then seemed like it was heaven sent and mull over whether I could be bothered and often would kind of say no, not good enough, give me something easier.
It was somewhat being less about achieving and more about loosing that and being in the process. It was too, as I've gathered over time, an assertion that I was more willing to explore internal intuitions within concepts of attainment...

In a sense you can't have what isn't yet unless you let what isn't have the room to be what it might be.
Old 14-03-2019, 02:21 AM
Master

Hello Sam,

You mentioned that you found the spirits visits terrifying. As such, before embarking upon the journey again, it may be prudent to pause awhile and first eradicate fear by getting to its root. Not a type of fear as in defined as this or that but fear itself. What is fear? Who is it within you that allows the fear to anchor itself onto your consciousness? Go into this deeply. Look at the fear in the eye nonchalantly. Observe it. Unaffected. After a while, when fear realises it is not being fed by your attention, it disappears.

Once fear is no more, you may then venture inwards. Who ventures? A new Sam, for the one carrying negativity of the past is long gone.

Love & Light