Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Past Lives & Reincarnation

Closed Thread

Old 05-06-2006, 05:08 PM
ShootingStar7123

Question Past life regression...

A friend of mine wants to go and get a past life regression done. I'm a bit skeptical about it though. Someone I met said that he could create false memories in a person while they were hypnotised. How can we know for sure that this doesn't happen in a past life regression? I really don't know very much about it, so if anyone wants to explain it to me better, be my guest!
Old 12-06-2006, 03:06 PM
GentleBreeze

Hypnotism and Past Life Regression

Hi Shooting Star,

I have been hypnotised many times and had past life regression as well.

When a person is hypnotised it is not how we are made to believe it is when watching TV programmes where people are made to do all sorts of things and are made to look a fool. Being hypnotised takes the person into a very relaxed state but they are fully aware at all times of what is going on around them.

During my many sessions I was in complete control the whole time. If I wasn't happy with something which was going on then all I had to do was open my eyes and I was back. I did not have to wait for the hypnotist to bring me back. The hypnotist did not have control over me and there is no way she could have put thoughts into my mind without me knowing. I was able to hear the clock on the wall ticking, the traffic in the street, the birds singing in the trees....I was fully aware of everything. If she had tried to make me do something I didn't want I would have known.

It was the same when we did the regression. I went through some very upsetting times in my past lives and actually went through my 'deaths'..at which point all I had to do was open my eyes to come back to the present time. It is the same hypnotic state which you are in when going back to previous lives as you are in when going through an ordinary hypnosis, although you go a little further. The hypnotist cannot put thoughts or ideas into your head. It is very safe and although a little scary at first, it's very exciting.

I hope this has helped in some way.

Hugs.

GentleBreeze

Old 15-06-2006, 02:45 PM
eternity

Hi shooting star,
Ask your friend to leave well alone.
Concentrate on now and the future.
Light and grace.
Eternity.
Old 16-06-2006, 07:43 AM
homecoming

Good question, how do we know we have remembered the details correctly. The best and most common way a therapist regresses people is by asking open ended questions like, where are you now, what do you feel, is there anyone with you etc. That way its the client who is in complete control of the situation. But to be honest I have had at least 20 regressions or more in my life, and to tell you the truth I dont believe in any of them. I think I made them all up with my immagination. In fact out of the 20yrs of therapy that i have done I think regression and re-birthing were the two things that disempowered me and took me away from my true lifes path.
I would suggest putting your money towards somthing that is more tangible in the here and now.
Goodluck
Homecoming
Closed Thread