Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Science & Spirituality

Old 10-04-2011, 02:03 AM
Shim

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroPointField
Sorry, not following. In what context? I mean vibration is motion, but I assume you mean something more?

I don't know the book you referred to, and I know this is a quote, but if you're gonna use it, can you explain it? I'm not sure I understand, at least in a scientific sense, how mass can come from energy.

That is what I was asking in regards to your comment about esoteric theory. Mass coming from energy is what Triner had stated. Perhaps I was seeing more than what was said, and I would never recommend a book from Stephen Hawkings, nor am I going to write out two paragraphs, so please disregard, I won't go further into it.
Old 10-04-2011, 02:07 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackraven
ZeroPointField - I don't know a whole lot about science but the little bit that I do know about the "Big Bang Theory" I would surmise that light and sound occurred simultaneously. :)

Blackraven

clap clap

I had to ad an other clap
Old 10-04-2011, 02:17 AM
Ascender
the one that can create the other has to come first, while this seams true at first, and it appears that light some how can make sound, and sound can not make light, so that is why light comes first?? how is it that light can make sound all on its own?
Old 10-04-2011, 02:24 AM
Shim

And God said, “Let there be light,” and there was light.
Old 10-04-2011, 02:28 AM
ZeroPointField

Quote:
"Mass can come from energy. But then where does the energy come from? The law of conservation of energy, also known as the first law of thermodynamics, requires that energy come from somewhere. --God the failed hypothesis

Shim, this was from your own post. What do you mean Triner said it?

And blackraven, didnt mean to ignore your comment about the big bang theory. I just really don't know enough about it to comment about that theory itself. Interesting idea though. Just thought I'd say this since Rah Nam reminded me of your post.
Old 10-04-2011, 02:31 AM
ZeroPointField

Quote:
And God said, “Let there be light,” and there was light.

Ah! I was wondering if someone was gonna bring this up. I meant to myself, but forgot. But if God "said" it, didn't sound have to come first? Some people refer to God as Logos, which means word I believe.
Old 10-04-2011, 02:33 AM
Ascender
Quote:
...Triner, I like the flow of your theory. But you say matter is a manifestation of electromagnetic energy. Doesn't electromagnetic energy come from matter? EM fields are lines of force which are created by attraction and repulsion of particles of matter. Or so science say if I understand it correctly. If this is the case, EM energy could not exist without matter being there first. ...

Certain subatomic particles carry an EM field with them (protons, electrons, positrons, etc). But they don't come from the matter in the sense that the matter creates it. It's more that the EM field is exuded from the matter because that's what the matter is made of. It's just a property of that particular particle.

When you break apart subatomic particles, all you get is EM energy, be it in gamma rays, x-rays. An atomic explosion is the "epitome" (but not in a good way) of demonstrating this. You can take less than a pound of matter and convert it to a huge (E=MC^2) amount of EM energy.

Look at the big bang, it was a huge bunch of EM energy that blasted apart. In the first few seconds, that energy formed into matter as it spread out. So the matter was formed from that initial point of EM energy.

(Now there's a whole 'nother discussion of where that energy came from You could say that light is the manifestation of Fohat.)

So, that's why I say matter is EM energy manifested.
Old 10-04-2011, 02:33 AM
Shim

Quote:
Ah! I was wondering if someone was gonna bring this up. I meant to myself, but forgot. But if God "said" it, didn't sound have to come first? Some people refer to God as Logos, which means word I believe.

Logos is too the reason behind everything, but if light came from sound from which God said, let there be light. How can light come forth from nothing? All other elements of creation may be possibly formed out of preexisting matter, that is from the initially undifferentiated chaos.-- Creatio ex nihilo

And perhaps we should define nothing.
Old 10-04-2011, 03:44 AM
Master
Quote:

According to Ra, the Logos = to Love, which = all consciousness that sustains all physicality.
You should know, ZeroPointField, if we would call something a Zerro Point Field, it would be very close to what Ra interprets as the Logos.
Old 10-04-2011, 04:09 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackraven
ZeroPointField - I don't know a whole lot about science but the little bit that I do know about the "Big Bang Theory" I would surmise that light and sound occurred simultaneously. :)

Blackraven

As you said, the Big Bang is a theory only and is summized by earths limited view and understanding of their tiny weeny part of the universe.

I really wouldn't like to speculate on either as I reckon sound and light are only recognised by our human senses and perhaps doesn't even exist outside of that.