Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 17-11-2010, 09:21 PM
Experiencer
When some have an inner knowing...

I have read from time to time and been told that there are times when one has an inner knowing that they are not going to be here much longer.

I'll tell you about my mother's late partner who passed away just over 2 years ago.
He was a pretty healthy person, did lots of cycling, quite active really. He had to go into hospital to have a new lead placement for defibrillator, a simple proceedure.
My mother remembers him standing outside the house with his weekend bag awaiting for the hospital car to take him to hospital. He was pretty excited about it!
Getting into the car, he turned and said 'I have a feeling, I won't be back here', my mother said, 'Oh don't be silly, of course you will'

The proceedure was done on the Friday and during the early hours of Monday morning, he passed away.
Old 17-11-2010, 10:25 PM
Master
yes some people I'm sure know if it is "the end" for them. I know of patients who have done the same thing. It isn't sad, maybe it's a way to prepare him and your mother that something may happen.
Spiritlite.
Old 17-11-2010, 11:29 PM
Experiencer
True, my mother is a firm believer of the afterlife but it still comes as a shock, especially knowing someone seemed so well at the time.
Old 18-11-2010, 03:37 AM
mikron

Cool

Helping someone over to the other side is a spiritual initiation and also there is information on line to help those do the job if someone knows where to look

peace mikron
Old 18-11-2010, 11:23 AM
SandybytheSea

My grandmother damn-near made it to 100, she passed 5 days before her birthday, in 1991, but in the weeks leading up to her passing she had many people visit her in the nursing home, and reported to my mother and I who they were and what they had said.

One was her mother. Yes, her mother!!!! She told us that her Mum was also staying in the nursing home, in room 7. My grandmother knew nothing whatsoever about numerology, but 7 has always been regarded as the most spiritual number.

Another was her nephew, to whom she had been very attached (and he to her) but he had died as a toddler about 60 years earlier. On the day he died, she hadn't been able to get away from work, but he waited until she arrived, smiled at her and then peacefully passed. She told us he had grown into such a lovely young man.

Her doctor also visited her. She hadn't seen him for over 40 years. He examined her closely, and told her that she was "dead from the waist down, dead from the neck up, and when those 2 joined together she would be leaving. She told us in such a matter-of-fact-way, not at all concerned, just as though he had said "you have a pimple on your nose, it should be gone in a week or two".
Old 18-11-2010, 11:56 AM
mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricia
True, my mother is a firm believer of the afterlife but it still comes as a shock, especially knowing someone seemed so well at the time.

The sad part is that although some of us are completely comfortable with our understanding of life beyond physical death, it can still shock us as ordinary humans when death comes knocking, even when it's not actually a surprise.

For most individuals, though, bereavement is an uncommon experience. Perhaps only for such as carers and nursing staff dealing regularly with those approaching death is it likely to be a familiar situation.

It must be rewarding, I'd guess, when a spiritually-knowledgeable carer is able to reassure someone dying about such experiences?

We are unlikely to hear about it, though, as I'd expect that the nurse/carer would feel unsure about speaking openly for fear of compromising their position.
Old 20-11-2010, 08:29 AM
Greenslade

You can be up to your bottom lip in Spirituality but you're still human after all. And no matter how prepared you are, it can still hit you like a runaway train.

My mother watched my father walking away from the kitchen window. A little voice in the back of her head said "That's the last time I'll see you, boy". Later that day he was killed in a tractor accident. So many times you hear of people on the verge of dying and trying to tell their Loved ones they haven't got much longer.

Nurses and carers are in a precarious position when it comes to beliefs, and there's no doubt any amount of rules and regulations governing what they can and can't talk about. It must be hard for a Spiritual carer to keep quiet at a time when the person they are caring for would probably appreciate the words of comfort like that and the carer can't say a ****y-bird.
Old 20-11-2010, 09:31 AM
deepsea

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac
The sad part is that although some of us are completely comfortable with our understanding of life beyond physical death, it can still shock us as ordinary humans when death comes knocking, even when it's not actually a surprise.

For most individuals, though, bereavement is an uncommon experience. Perhaps only for such as carers and nursing staff dealing regularly with those approaching death is it likely to be a familiar situation.

It must be rewarding, I'd guess, when a spiritually-knowledgeable carer is able to reassure someone dying about such experiences?

We are unlikely to hear about it, though, as I'd expect that the nurse/carer would feel unsure about speaking openly for fear of compromising their position.

I sat with my mother all day the day she died,knowing she was not going to survive the remaining day. She was in a residential home.
She drifted in and out of consciousness but what did not surprise me is when the carers came in (they were turning her from one side to the other every two hours) and asked me if I would like to leave the room. I knew why.
After 10 mins one of them returned and quietly asked if I would like to come and see my mother.
I knew she had left us.
Deepsea