Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Exercise

Old 05-11-2010, 05:36 PM
Master
Dancing?

does anyone else love to dance as excercise? I kind of just play music and hop around my room lol
Old 07-11-2010, 11:49 AM
Master
dancing is great. great cardiovascular exercise probably. sure you can jog, but i take so much pleasure in dancing. Used to dance in the livingroom to music, do occasionally still when the mood strikes me. I'll dance for my dogs from time to time also. I think people who dance alot or do it as a profession are among the most in shape people around. Breakdancers for instance, you have to be strong and flexible pretty much throughout entire body to be able to do that.

Everyone should dance. If i was overlord supreme ruler of the world, i would drive around in my official dance police van and if i played music people would have to stop where they were and dance. Id go to random grocery stores and announce over the loudspeaker "This is your ruler speaking.. please put your groceries to the side and prepare to dance." Then blast beats over the system and go to the produce department myself and bust loose with my bad self and there would be a guy there juggling apples and everyone dancing freely and happily together

*ahem* sorry, got little carried away there.
Old 07-11-2010, 12:58 PM
Elven valkyrie

Love dancing. I do Egyptian belly dance and go to a class once a week. It doesn't matter how hot and sweaty you get, you wanna carry on since it's so much fun and the costumes are amazing.
Also great for my unstable joints since there needs to be graceful movement with a certain tenseness and I have to focus on control. My hips usually feel great afterwards. Stretching them out and using flexability that you wouldn't ususally use in normal day to day living. Helps posture too and being naturally so flexable, I do have a bit of an advantage XD.
Old 07-12-2010, 05:14 PM
Suspended
Elven - that sounds fun!

Rosewater,
I love to dance! I actually enjoy dancing in private more than in class - I can be more expressive without worrying about what others are thinking. Not only can it be physcial, but also spiritual & emotional. I also like to sign songs... it feels more meaningful, doing the symbols for words.

So, when's the dance? Deusdrum, didn't you mention you MC?
Old 27-12-2010, 08:08 PM
Ciqala

Dance is my passion. I love dancing Hip Hop, Street, Gangster, Egypt and Gothic Belly Dance, Krump, Salsa, Merengue, I combine all of those dance styles together when i dance, i've been dancing for years, i love to do it for fun, more than follow choreography, thus id rather do free style. I'm exceptionally good at making my own moves, but i also enjoy learning some to use.

My passion is the amazing ways the body can bend, and move, denying gravity, moving parts of the body you never thought you could move, slides, pops, locks, and the amazing trance you get in. Krump is one of my favourite dance styles, because it is extreme, and it releases your soul and emotions, almost as if you could imagine, battling with someone on stage, using a form of dance to compete, summoning up all the most intense feelings and energies inside of yourself, and moving with it. Well Krumping originally came from on the streets, as a way to solve street violence, instead of fights, they would dance to compete without ever touching the other person, it is like a warrior dance.
I like to move and bend my body in strange ways that require complete flexibility and strength. It's one of the healthiest forms of working out too, especially moving body parts that never get the chance to move. Some of the moves i do can be dangerous, but when perfected, are amazing.

And I love music, especially upbeat tempos, so i gravitate towards krump music, and real gangster music for dance. I don't dance to look beautiful, either, although it can astonish people. I enjoy dancing in public, where people least expect it, it's very fun. Sometimes i stand at the bus stop and randomly break out into dancing. There is something amazing about dancing on the streets, especially in a town where no one is used to that. And there is something amazing about dance, and the power it summons.
Dance is one of the few times, i want everybody to look at me. Other than that i'm usually shy.
Old 28-12-2010, 04:12 PM
Suspended
Hi Ciqala,
Good variety you like - me too.
Although, I've never tried Egyptian nor Krump - they look fun.
At first I thought krump was this Brazilian dance, Capoeira but I realized it's different, yet similar.
Capoeira may have actually started in Africa - like a battle dance...
Check it out...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7NijTFMa9xk&feature=related
Old 03-01-2011, 11:58 PM
Ciqala

That is amazing! I'd like to dance Capoeira. Thanks for that link! I like warrior type dances indeed.
Old 04-01-2011, 08:09 AM
Master
I dance because it feels good. It is a type of active meditation in my opinion. Agree that it is powerful, or can be, far more than most people may realize.

Colonizers outlawed the ghost dance of the First Nations. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ghost_dance I believe they may have sensed and feared its power, along with other of their Spiritual practices. Dancing, in my opinion, has transformative power. Brings people together. A manifestation of Spirit into earth through the body. Ive never personally taken any dance class of any type, though i made a half hearted attempt to break dance at one point years ago; i mainly dance how i feel. It is a pure form of expression.

Love breakbeats, drum n bass, deep house, raggae style rhythm, pretty much anything good, funky blues, lots of different styles. Miss having a good dance actually. Very cathartic, releasing. Need to get around to it again.

. ~
Old 11-01-2011, 12:25 PM
Kramer

I love dance. I am currently on a weight loss programme in readiness for my brother's wedding in August and I've lost 17lbs through healthy eating and dance exercise.

I love the Wii and brought 'Just Dance' for it. Its a basic range of dance moves but great fun. I've also got the Ministry of Sound workout DVD which really gets me moving.

I'd be lost without music and dance.
Old 13-01-2011, 06:44 AM
truthseeker85

I love to dance too. I really dont know how, I just move around to the music but it makes me feel happy.