Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Paranormal & Supernatural > Time Travel

Old 30-10-2010, 08:12 PM
Kapitan_Prien

Cripes I lived in 1928 - I was 20 at the time...but of course spent most of my time out at sea. There was wireless on the ships to transmit signals (telegraph) and of course radio. We also had wires on our U-Boat during the war to transmit radio signals.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wireless_telegraphy

Quote:
The term was initially applied to a variety of competing technologies to communicate messages encoded as symbols, without wires, around the turn of the 20th century, but radio emerged as the most significant. Wireless telegraphy rapidly came to mean Morse code transmitted with Hertzian waves (electromagnetic waves) decades before it came to be associated with the term radio. It declined in popularity after the invention of radiotelephony, the ability to send sound by radio using amplitude modulation, was introduced around 1920, sparking the beginning of broadcasting. Radiotelegraphy continued to be used for point-to-point business, governmental, and military communication, and evolved into radioteletype networks.

Just an FYI post - no rebuttal or argument for the subject.
Old 31-10-2010, 10:58 AM
celery

Quote:
Originally Posted by innerlight
I'm not referring to movies, or say it's not possible to time travel. That may very well be true..
Hi there. I've started to think we are speaking completely different languages, because I never claimed otherwise

Quote:
However time traveling will not change the way things actually are right now. If it did, we would already know of the change. for it would of reverberated throughout time and only the person that changed it would of known about the change. I am saying visiting a different time period no matter how you did it would not make the time period different. Now we could say that in the future they've managed to create a phone that does not work off of antenna's and a phone that would be able to go back and forth in time.
Hmm, that's a good theory!
Old 31-10-2010, 10:46 PM
PrincessKLS

I can understand the conspiracy theory of it being a cell phone but I've heard she was actually testing a hearing aid. Apparently they had big, blocky ear trumpets back then. Even if it was a time traveler, why is it, the lady is dressed in typical 20s clothing for her age?
Old 01-11-2010, 04:01 PM
LightFilledHeart

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessKLS
I can understand the conspiracy theory of it being a cell phone but I've heard she was actually testing a hearing aid. Apparently they had big, blocky ear trumpets back then. Even if it was a time traveler, why is it, the lady is dressed in typical 20s clothing for her age?

Frankly I couldn't make out whether that was a man or a woman, but the clothing bit is a good point, I think. Why WOULD a time traveler wear period clothing, unless he or she had gone to that time on purpose and had been there for awhile and was trying to fit in and look "normal"... guess that could be! As for what the device is, it's hard to say. You can't really get a good look at it. It might be a cell phone (the older style), or it could be a hearing aid, OR it could be a different device altogether... some sort of "walke talkie" communication device such as those used on Star Trek! I don't think we're going to be able to reach a definitive answer on this one, kids
Old 01-11-2010, 05:28 PM
Rumar

That'd be an amazing discovery if it were a cell phone, but then again, who would be able to even USE it? There was nothing supporting cell phones back then, there was no Verizon wireless, T-Mobile, Sprint, nor Cellular...

When did they start using the blocky handsets for radios in the battlefield? I remember seeing Vietnam documentaries where they were using big blocky cell phones... well... not exactly cell phones..
Old 01-11-2010, 05:57 PM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squatchit
It kind of intrigues me because of my astral travels. I've traveled back in time and told entities that I'm from the year 2010. I was also a 'future' ghost once.

Enjoy!

Squelp

omg That sounds like fun.
I would love to do that lol.
Old 01-11-2010, 06:41 PM
Guide
My opinion of this is there's so many explanations of this that
time travel (of the body) is unrealistic at least in the computer age
which she would probably be in if she was a time traveler. And I don't understand
how someone could think she is. If you go to someones time your also going to what
the world was like back than. The person was in 1928.
They're was no satellites back than. It would be impossible to
talk on a cell phone back than.

She could have been hard of hearing

That's an ear trumpet.
It looks similar to a cell phone (In size and color)
and was common back than especially for a woman her age.

Possibilities:
  • She could me scratching her ear.
  • Playing with her hair.
  • Had a habit of touching her head.
  • It could be an ear trumpet.
  • She was in a movie. Maybe she was giving a secret signal to a friend/family.
  • Again she was in a movie she could have an embarrassing scar/blemish and was hiding it from the camera.
  • She may have had glasses that could have broke with out warning and she didn't have time to fix them (It happens to me a lot) so she had to hold the arm of it to keep it together.
  • There could have been a lot of big lights on the set and she was shielding her eyes.
  • She was only an extra. She was probably nervous with all the noise and lights. And she was shielding herself as a nervous reaction.
  • It could of been loud. She could of trying to cover her ears with out look like she was.
  • She was in a Chaplin movie. He use to pretend random objects where phones and she was imitating him or the director told her to.
    Look at her smile. Its awkward and embarrassed. She was probably camera shy and was shielding her face, Again she was only an extra.
With many reasonable reasons
I don't get the random Time Travel thing.

The most supernatural possible reason is maybe she was a
physic and saw a vision of 2010 ish times and imitated
it for some reason. Maybe to mess with us! XD

There was no visible device in the video.
When she turns to the camera before she fades
away look at the distance between her hand and her face.
There about 2-3 inches apart. There's too much of gap
to hold a cellphone in. If she's holding anything it's not a
Cell phone because they're too thin to be held
in such a large gap.

BTW
If anyone can read lips
WATCH THAT VIDEO NOW
and tell us what she's saying.
PLEASE

Last edited by Lovely : 01-11-2010 at 07:16 PM.
Old 01-11-2010, 08:45 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumar
That'd be an amazing discovery if it were a cell phone, but then again, who would be able to even USE it? There was nothing supporting cell phones back then, there was no Verizon wireless, T-Mobile, Sprint, nor Cellular...

When did they start using the blocky handsets for radios in the battlefield? I remember seeing Vietnam documentaries where they were using big blocky cell phones... well... not exactly cell phones..

That's exactly what I was getting at was the the technology was not supported back then. It's like going back in time taking a flash light with you and changing the batteries when it ran out.
Old 01-11-2010, 09:15 PM
Suspended
Quote:
Originally Posted by innerlight
It's like going back in time taking a flash light with you and changing the batteries when it ran out.

Hiya inner

I'm not fully getting you here. What if the traveller from the future took their own batteries...wouldn't that work?? What if the traveller laughed at batteries...there was technology so far advanced as to make us look like snails?

What if two tiny rolls of paper (or earplugs) did the same thing as batteries for the traveller from the future's flash light (because it relied on neither battery nor paper to shine).

What if, what if, what if?

Can you not think outside of the human 21st century box?

Squatch
Old 01-11-2010, 09:23 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squatchit
Hiya inner

I'm not fully getting you here. What if the traveller from the future took their own batteries...wouldn't that work?? What if the traveller laughed at batteries...there was technology so far advanced as to make us look like snails?

What if two tiny rolls of paper (or earplugs) did the same thing as batteries for the traveller from the future's flash light (because it relied on neither battery nor paper to shine).

What if, what if, what if?

Can you not think outside of the human 21st century box?

Squatch

Well they were holding their phone, and bluetooth is the trend now. So there technology is not all that advanced.

Yes, I know what you are saying that perhaps in the future there could be the possiblity that they have so far advanced technology that they need no batteries, or even to dial.

And a flashlight may not even need batteries in the future. They could fully run on a Quartz crystal.

So sure we could say that their phone does not need an antenna, or a phone provider. They would probably also be talking to someone in the future as I'm not sure if many people had phones in 1928. Really though for as far as we know they could of very well had cell phones back then. We just didn't know about it, or couldn't afford i.t