Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Exercise

Old 17-10-2010, 10:09 PM
Master
Gee, isn't it bad enough most women seem to struggle to get / seek approval of some man who will love them and cherish them? But women being the social creatues they are (we are), feel that drive to make sure they have the good housekeeping seal of approval of their fellow women. It's exhausting, mentally, emotionally, bah!
Old 17-10-2010, 10:26 PM
Master
Totally agree Silver.
Spiritlite
Old 17-10-2010, 10:27 PM
Master
SeekSeek thankyou.
I guess it stems from my childhood, when I moved from South Africa to america I gained a lot of weight and got teased and even told I was fat by my father quite a few times. Eventually I lost it so maybe it is from that.
xoxo
Spiritlite
Old 18-10-2010, 12:36 AM
LightFilledHeart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvergirl
Gee, isn't it bad enough most women seem to struggle to get / seek approval of some man who will love them and cherish them? But women being the social creatues they are (we are), feel that drive to make sure they have the good housekeeping seal of approval of their fellow women. It's exhausting, mentally, emotionally, bah!

RIGHT ON!!!!!! Whew! Thank you for that liberating statement.. I'm with you!
Old 24-10-2010, 01:07 AM
Rumar

Build up your metabolism as a first step, eat often but little portions, your body will grow used to it and start to burn the calories faster.

Another thing is find an exercise that works out for you. Aerobics is good (helps speed up your metabolism as well), work on endurance mainly not speed or power, those will come to you, technique is another thing you must focus on.
Old 24-10-2010, 01:18 AM
Master
Thankyou Rumar I know I have to eat often in small portions but my lifestyle at times doesn't allow for that. When I swim I swim for 45 minutes at a time 3 times a week sometimes two so I feel endurance is okay for me. Technique I have good technique I was taught to swim and focused on my technique by a former swimming olympian.
Thankyou
Spiritlite.
Old 24-10-2010, 01:25 AM
Rumar

You just grab a quick bar to eat, make sure it's those power bars or energy bars or something, those CLIF bars work wonders as well. Doesn't matter how small it is you just gotta eat. Most of the time, it shouldn't even be regular sized meals. Swimming is great for all around body, but keep up with jogging and aerobics as well so the body speeds up everything.
Old 24-10-2010, 01:32 AM
Master
Hey never really thought about energy bars...DUH thanks so much will do that for sure.
Thanks
Spiritlite
Old 24-10-2010, 02:12 AM
Guide
I know how you feel.
While I'm not against you getting healthy and loosing weight
I think the main problem is learning to not be obsessed with your weight.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TPoFA8KIGgk

This video is awesome.
She's a really amazing person imo
Old 24-10-2010, 02:44 AM
Master
Lovely thankyou so much it's in my favs list to watch when I have time and I also think the main issue is to not be obsessed with my weight and how "ugly" I feel on the outside.
Spiritlite.