Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 28-11-2011, 01:58 PM
Master
Putting the world into context.

The world is cold, is dark and is scary. So *WHY* is it so hostile? In what context does it exist?

If it is only in my mind, then equally the same question is valid. Why is my mind so hostile?

If it is God's creation, then why is God's creation so hostile?

The world seems like a freak accident at times, more than a deliberate choice.

I often feel that the world represents the death of God. Perhaps God grew old and died and became physical?

There is something definitely not right about the world. Children are murdered. And so on - all the crimes and victims of humanity indicate something is WRONG!

Hence such stories as our "fall from grace" make so much sense to me.

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.
Old 29-11-2011, 04:22 AM
Mountain-Goat

I don't bother with the where did i come from, what's the meaning of life, is there a god questions anymore.

If the world needs repair Honza, do something about it.
Inspire the rest of humanity with your life and maybe people will follow your example.
Old 29-11-2011, 04:41 AM
Guide
I feel the same way you do, Honza. Something is definitely WRONG. And the Myth of a Fall From Grace definitely is applicable. Also I've heard that the Earth is on Quarantine because of the Evil that is in the World.
Old 29-11-2011, 05:04 AM
Master
I see a beautiful world out there, with people who are trying their best, no matter how ignorant they are.
Old 29-11-2011, 06:36 AM
sesheta

There are times that I also find the world in general dark and scary...but I can also realize that this is simply an interpretation...I believe everything happens for a reason. We may not be able to see the reason, or understand it, at the time, but there is always a purpose..
Then there are the things that make me see the joy and beauty of the world: a rainbow, a child laughing; the man I love holding me in his arms; those days when the weather is perfect, nothing goes wrong and you can smile for pretty much no reason other than that all in your world is going OK! Those are the things I try to hang on to...the rest of it I try to leave to the universe, and trust that the reason(s) will all be revealed in time, or that it's something I simply don't need to understand....
Old 29-11-2011, 07:03 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sesheta
There are times that I also find the world in general dark and scary...but I can also realize that this is simply an interpretation...I believe everything happens for a reason. We may not be able to see the reason, or understand it, at the time, but there is always a purpose..
Then there are the things that make me see the joy and beauty of the world: a rainbow, a child laughing; the man I love holding me in his arms; those days when the weather is perfect, nothing goes wrong and you can smile for pretty much no reason other than that all in your world is going OK! Those are the things I try to hang on to...the rest of it I try to leave to the universe, and trust that the reason(s) will all be revealed in time, or that it's something I simply don't need to understand....
What a great philosophy to live by.
Old 29-11-2011, 07:42 AM
mattie

Negative Or Positive POV An Active Choice

Our planet isn’t dark, scary, & hostile to everyone. Many see it & its people as quite beautiful & remarkable. Seeing its beauty doesn’t mean that there aren’t things we want to improve though. You come around to a useful question to explore that may shed some light on this, ‘Why is my mind so hostile?’

While we are God’s creation (should one choose to look at this in these terms), this doesn’t mean that we are some sort of God-programmed automaton, automatically thinking & responding in a certain way. This would be fairly pointless.

We can see the glass half full or half empty.
Or we can see that we could drop the glass, w/ it breaking into long shards, slipping on the spilt liquid, impaling an eye w/ a long glass shard as we sever vital arteries w/ other shards. Of course, the eye being put out won’t really make much difference as we will quickly bleed to death from the severed artery. LOL.
➸➸➸ OR we could choose to simply savor every drop of the delicious drink we are holding, knowing that we can refill the glass anytime we want!!!

There are some really wonderful things going on here should you wish to acknowledge them & be a part of them. Your choice.

Last edited by mattie : 29-11-2011 at 08:47 AM.
Old 29-11-2011, 09:07 AM
Master
Seeing the world as beautiful is not a "cure". Of course there are beautiful things in the world. Of course there is GOODNESS. I should hope so too. I can see a lot of goodness. But that does not prevent me from seeing a lot of Evil too.

I don't think that choosing to see beauty is powerful enough to overcome the fear and darkness. The fear and darkness always creeps back in.

The bible speaks of a Tree Of Knowledge of BOTH good and evil. Some days I see good but other days I see evil. Is there anyone alive who sees only Goodness? I doubt it.

Seeing only the good part of the world is somehow a lie. People who say they can only see the good things in life are in a state of denial I would suggest.

Horrific things happen in the world. Denying that FACT is somehow like running away.

Old 29-11-2011, 09:13 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by psychoslice
I see a beautiful world out there, with people who are trying their best, no matter how ignorant they are.

There is no need to "preach". I am not playing a "propaganda" game.

Old 29-11-2011, 06:54 PM
sesheta

I don't think anyone denies that there is darkness and bad things happening in the world - we can all see that by watching or listening to the news....but dwelling on the bad things won't make them any less, or make them go away, it will just drive you crazy! We can only do what we can to try to improve our own corner of the world, and then trust that others will do the same, or that the universe will find a way to balance things out. One of the characters on my favorite TV show, Babylon 5, had a perfect phrase that still sticks with me:

Faith manages.