Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Exercise

Old 13-01-2011, 07:35 AM
TheDivine

I love dancing and it's a meditation for me. One of my new years resolutions for this year is that I need to get involved in some kind of body work, and I am strongly leaning toward a form of expressive dance.

I go out clubbing with friends sometimes and I enjoy the really loud house music blasting there. A lot of people show up at the clubs dressed up and in their "performance selves" as I like to say. They want to show off. But honestly, I am just there to dance. I feel so connected when I do!
Old 14-01-2011, 05:00 PM
Suspended
Active meditation... hm.. yeah, dance can be like that for me too.
It can be energizing or also a way of expressing & releasing emotion.
Zumba's fun & seems to becoming more popular.

It's fun to try different dances... not be afraid to try something new...

Evolution of dance
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dMH0bHeiRNg

Dance as if it's not going to be put on youtube!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RTvqhijCXc0
Old 21-01-2011, 05:09 PM
Suspended
Rumba is such a beautiful, sensual dance!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=89-Sh34CRqU
Old 21-01-2011, 05:25 PM
Osian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosewater
does anyone else love to dance as excercise? I kind of just play music and hop around my room lol

Yeh i'm a real music lover, i think it's good for the soul and good for fitness best form of exercise there is if you ask me so yeee go for it. I do!!!! people watching or not lol.
Old 06-02-2011, 12:28 AM
Guthee

I love dancing as well
Mostly belly dance and sword dancing right now.
So fun!
Old 08-02-2011, 09:20 PM
ShamanWoman

Dancing is my meditation. Nothing moves my soul more than music and dance. I've been trying to get formal instruction all my life and about six months ago I finally said forget it and I ordered some DVDs and started dancing in my living room. In a couple of months I am hoping to start up a dance studio and share my love of dance with everyone who wants to learn to express themselves. I'm having so much fun choreographing and I can't wait to get started teaching. My favorite is lyrical, I love the fluidity and emotional expression.
Old 17-02-2011, 05:04 AM
themaster

Yes, dancing sounds like good exercise.. it is also a form of channeling
Old 06-03-2011, 08:37 AM
Ciqala

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShamanWoman
Dancing is my meditation. Nothing moves my soul more than music and dance. I've been trying to get formal instruction all my life and about six months ago I finally said forget it and I ordered some DVDs and started dancing in my living room. In a couple of months I am hoping to start up a dance studio and share my love of dance with everyone who wants to learn to express themselves. I'm having so much fun choreographing and I can't wait to get started teaching. My favorite is lyrical, I love the fluidity and emotional expression.

that sounds amazing, would love to start up a dance studio as well, wish you blessings and luck in it!
Old 06-03-2011, 01:03 PM
SerquetAsa

I love dancing.
Whenever I can, I bring out the iPod and hook it up to speakers and jam away, dancing through the apartment and such.

When my girl friends and I go downtown to the bars and clubs, I don't drink much because it's easier to let loose through dance than booze.
I LOOOOOVE dancing.